The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2002, 11:28 AM   #21
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Will those T-shirts include tank tops?
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 04:32 AM   #22
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTmz87
o krang, some Technodrome PATCHES AND BUTTONS would be cool !!!!!! i'd buy tons
Sorry, it doesn't look like patches and buttons are available, but rectangular and oval stickers are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Will those T-shirts include tank tops?
According to the company's site, tank tops are out of stock, but they will be available again next spring.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 01:26 PM   #23
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
What about posters? I mentioned that and you didn't even acknowledge that I did...
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 02:53 PM   #24
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
posters would be kinda hard to get made for a website, what would be on it
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:47 AM   #25
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
What about posters? I mentioned that and you didn't even acknowledge that I did...
Sorry about that. I did notice your post, but I forgot to mention it in my last reply. It would be possible to sell posters, but I'm not sure what to put on them since I'm assuming we're not allowed to use images taken directly from the cartoons, movies, or comics. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
I think a paypall button would be better for collecting money. I would most definetly donate atleast 5$. If everyone would do the same it should be a little help.
Here's another post I was meaning to reply to but forgot in my last post. Yes, we can and most likely will set up a Paypal donation button in addition to selling merchandise.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 04:12 PM   #26
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
you could adjust the image of the technodrome, shredder andkrang so you can be allowed to use thm from posters shirtys etc.
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 05:53 PM   #27
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Adjust the images?How?
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:56 PM   #28
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
re:

Have you tried talking with the show's creators about obtaining permission to put the technodrome on t-shirts and what not?
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 01:22 AM   #29
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Not yet, but I doubt they would give me permission to sell products with their art on them. I would try, but I'm not even sure who owns the rights to the original cartoon now, since I don't think Murakami-Wolf-Swenson exists anymore.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 01:36 AM   #30
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I've heard that Artisan picked up the rights to the old show... But wouldn't it be more expensive to use copyrighted material?
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 01:38 AM   #31
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Yep, I would probably have to pay some kind of fee if I did get permission to use images from the cartoon...
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 01:36 PM   #32
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
have someone draw the technodrome shredder and krang a bit differently from how they were in the toon so you can use them[/quote]
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:11 AM   #33
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
That's what I was thinking, but so far we haven't had any volunteers to draw them...

BTW, I set up a PayPal donation page, so anyone who wants to support the site and forums before the store is up can donate here.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 04:51 AM   #34
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I will donate 5¤ as soon as I will get a paypal account, probably in 2 weeks.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 02:49 PM   #35
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
krang u should really host the site on ur comp, everyone is doing it! Plus you are in control of what happens...
i'm switching wheeljack over to my dad's old comp so if anyone wants free hosting, email me.

You should just sell the shirts to the people on the site through snaili mail that way you could put w/e u want on it, wouldn't have to worry about ur site getting shut down or something...
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 02:55 PM   #36
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist
 
SeaThreePeeO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 1,345
Oh flippy poo, I have missed a lot haven't I?

Well I for one would be interested in buying a tee shirt. Even though I would have to pay a little extra in shipping and handling to get it over to the UK.

Count me in Krang!
__________________
Zombies, once you get past the stench of rotting flesh and their unhealthy obsession with brains, they're really nice people.
SeaThreePeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 06:32 PM   #37
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
yes u have, and welcome back, i'm recently new so yea, krang keep us updated on the merch
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 12:52 AM   #38
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
I will donate 5¤ as soon as I will get a paypal account, probably in 2 weeks.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWDESAI
krang u should really host the site on ur comp, everyone is doing it! Plus you are in control of what happens...
i'm switching wheeljack over to my dad's old comp so if anyone wants free hosting, email me.
Good idea, but I can't for these reasons:
  1. Most ISPs, including mine (ATTBI), don't allow people to run any kind of server off their computer while using their internet service. If they find out that someone is running a server, they will probably suspend or disable their internet connection.
  2. The Technodrome gets about 7500 page views a day (and about 50,000 hits), so that would definitely slow down my internet connection and computer.
Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Quote:
You should just sell the shirts to the people on the site through snaili mail that way you could put w/e u want on it, wouldn't have to worry about ur site getting shut down or something...
If I sell them using an online company, I make a little profit on each sale which goes toward hosting fees. If I make the shirts myself, I would lose alot of money with each shirt (since I would have to pay for the shirts, the transfers, the software, the packaging, the shipping, etc.). Plus, I can sell things like hats and stickers if I use an online service for that. But thanks again for the suggestion.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 11:55 AM   #39
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
As promised, I donated 5$ for the technodrome. It isn't much, but If anyone who likes this place like I do would do the same, Im sure it would be a big help to Krang.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 07:47 PM   #40
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
re:

Yeah, if you want to run your own webserver, you're probably gonna need Ultra ATA Raid or SCSI Raid, some serious processing power, a lot of RAM, a good OS (Linux, BSD), high-speed internet connection (DSL, Cable, T-1), a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply), all of which costs $$$ (except BSD or Linux which you can download for free).

You're probably better off having your site hosted remotely with the traffic you get. Server maintennance can be costly, too.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.