The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 03:35 PM   #21
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
You're so lukcy Machias. Too bad I don't live in that state. You might even get to meet Kevin Eastman's wife. Who knows? You might even get to meet Jim Lawson or Michael Dooney. Those guys were and still are TMNT legends. I would like to see the Return to New York story arc repinted in hardcover. That'd be great if it was. City at War could be reprinted too with three comics form that story arc in a hardcover book. I wouldn't mind seein' Raphael #1 reprinted. It was first appearence of Casey Jones. I'm glad I got the TMNT Artobigoraphy so I can see the good comics in there and read some of the pages from 'em. That's sorta why I would to see some of the TMNT comic books reprinted. Readin' final tones from the Artobigoraphy makes me think repintin' the comics(the rad ones) a good idea. Hopefully it really happens.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #22
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
I would have bought a collected vol of them, but after much searching and finding none... I turned to ebay and got the b&w soft cover with issues 1-11 plus the 4 micr series one shots. I got all of the others in another auction except possibly (#7 I cant remember if I have it lol) I also got the 2nd 3rd and 4th First grapahic novels another auction, and I already have the first one but the cover has fallen off and the pages (first couple not the actual comic pages though) I guess thats what happens when you get a book when you are 5 or 6 and it actually manages to survive without being thrown out.

I was only missing a few books from 1-16 and I wanted Return to NY which I never had until the grphic novel bu I had found every issue of City at war and most of Vol 2 in comic shops and when I went out of town I found a place with lots of back issues the guy went down to the basement and brought up all the mirage books.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:08 AM   #23
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Question ??

-->> so this particular special TMNT 1 ..is like TMNT volume 1 issue 1 .. :Special Edition ??

.. Huh ?? Whaaa ?? ???
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #24
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
I wonder hom much they'll sell for...and if they dont all sell out at the con i wonder if he'll put them up on the website...?
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:13 AM   #25
stonetemplepilot
Mouser
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14
I'm not sure if it is a total overhaul of the original issue. I think at the moment it's just a reprint of the very first issue with new cover art done by Laird himself. I recall an interview where he said he'd either go back and restart the Turtles or move on with Vol. 4. I'm really glad he chose to go with Vol. 4 as I'm loving where the stories are going.
But on to something a little more pressing for me being an Australian, if anyone going to the Con can pick one up for me I would be more than happy to reimburse and cover the extras! I have every TMNT comic and reprint sans the first printing of #1 and #3 and to miss out on this would kill me! So if anyone is willing to help me out, let me know!
Have fun!
stonetemplepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #26
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/0...5/it/40000.htm

The turtles returning to NH are a BIG deal...

If people are seriously interested in getting a copy, PM Me and I'll try to contact you back about payments, s&h and all that. Obviously its a first come first serve kinda thing... that and I dont know how many they'll let me get...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:16 AM   #27
kicknz
Thug
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/0...5/it/40000.htm

The turtles returning to NH are a BIG deal...

If people are seriously interested in getting a copy, PM Me and I'll try to contact you back about payments, s&h and all that. Obviously its a first come first serve kinda thing... that and I dont know how many they'll let me get...
But the convention's done and over, isn't it?!
kicknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #28
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Ok, those of you who have PMed me, I will update you on shipping and such as soon as I can. I"m really bogged down with work right now...

also, if anyone has SERIOUS questions to ask Peter, lemme know.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:10 PM   #29
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
So whats the deal with this book? DId you get any copies Machias? Did anybody get a copy...? Any neat updates other than the cover? Anything...PLEASE!!!
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #30
TMNTGal
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,061
I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they'll show up on eBay or something. I want one.
__________________

TMNTGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #31
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTGal
I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they'll show up on eBay or something. I want one.
Actually, PPBZ themselves were selling a copy of it for $14.99 on eBay about a week ago...i meant to come back to bid on it, but forgot...there was only 1 bid...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #32
TMNTGal
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,061
I saw one on eBay a few days ago. Does anyone know if this book is available without the signatures?
__________________

TMNTGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #33
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
I doubt anyone here is interested so I figure it won't hurt to ask. While you guys are keeping an eye out for this book on eBay can you keep an eye out for a first print tmnt #1 the original book. I ran into some cash and finally want to make it mine. Just pm me if you see it up and you don't plan on bidding, I'd really appreciate it and I'll somehow return the favor!
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:43 PM   #34
stonetemplepilot
Mouser
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 14
Hi guys! Just letting you know I managed to get a copy from PBBZ via their eBay Store. The difference is incredible. Laird has used the same toning technique used on the TMNT vol.4 comics for the inks on this, and has touched up the dialogue. There's also a couple of photos from the first release of #1, and I'd never seen Pete young before, so that was interesting, as were the comments on the inside covers. Very glad to have it added to my near complete collection (only need the first print of #1 and 3 and the Jim Lee variants of the Image comics!!)
stonetemplepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.