The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2002, 06:05 AM   #21
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I liked the Fox box one better too. Well I think I can learn to live with it.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:37 AM   #22
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Well I really hate the new song but it could be fine, depending on how the
animated sequence that goes with it comes out.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:50 AM   #23
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
it doesnt really matter how good the theme is, the show is more important
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:52 AM   #24
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Yeah if the story and animation are good (I sure hope the animation is good) then I'm fine with the show.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:54 AM   #25
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
animation is the same as JCA so i'm hoping the fight scenes are pretty cool
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:56 AM   #26
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
I hope it's from the FIRST season of JCA.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 10:12 AM   #27
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Personally, I don't think it would have mattered what new theme song was introduced for the upcoming cartoon. There are going to be people everywhere that won't like it because you can't please everyone.

People like me who are in love with the old cartoon don't find it particularly appealing because the new theme doesn't resemble the old one at all. But how well would the old theme work with the new cartoon? This is a different era; cartoons are different, as well as themes. They wouldn't mesh.

"You bellowed, Mr. Thompson?" - April, from "Donatello's Degree"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 10:13 AM   #28
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
NTCF is old school
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 10:20 AM   #29
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Oh, yes, I'm so "old school" I'm dusty.

It's going to be really hard for the new cartoon to weasel its way into my world, just because I hold the old one so near and dear to my heart.

"Next time I wish the writers would come up with a better plot device!" - Raphael, from "Planet of the Turtleoids"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 10:24 AM   #30
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I like Mirage so Im older school... Well the old them would not fit the new cartoon, thats for sure. It's a whole diffrent show with diffrent characters. Only thing that remains are character names, and not even all of them. But I still think that just theme Music would have been a better choice.

But as it have been said, the them doesn't mater, it's the show that does. Im not familiar with the animation team, but the stories are based on Mirage, so there wont be problems in that department.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:08 PM   #31
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Karpo, about the animation, haven't you watched the MIB or Extreme
Ghostbusters or even Godzilla cartoons? These shows should give you
idea of how the new TMNT cartoon will be animated.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:16 PM   #32
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I haven't watched any of those... Not in Tv here, I probably could download some of those, But I think il wait for the new series.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:22 PM   #33
ChibiKasai
Foot Soldier
 
ChibiKasai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchistguy
Karpo, about the animation, haven't you watched the MIB or Extreme
Ghostbusters or even Godzilla cartoons? These shows should give you
idea of how the new TMNT cartoon will be animated.
Actually, I think Jackie Chan Adventures or X-Men Evolution are better examples when comparing the animation. The designs really look closer to what you'd see in those shows, IMO.
__________________
Have no fear of perfection- you'll never reach it.
Salvador Dali
www.kishiadesign.com
ChibiKasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 01:28 PM   #34
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well I have heard that the animation is good, and thats important.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 01:43 PM   #35
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Oh yes IT IS!!!
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.