The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 PM   #21
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
I didn't get him contemplating suicide out of that, though. In his little fantasy he doesn't leap from the tower, he slips and falls (in a rather silly way). I think the entire issue would have been better if, in his fantasy, he imagined himself taking a swan dive into the streets rather than going "RAAAARRRGGGGGGH-Whoops!"

I know there's plenty of story-potential for Blind Sight, but this issue in-particular just didn't do anything for me.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #22
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too
 
Mecha Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,699
He wasn't contemplating suicide. It was clearly stated that his supposed fall was an accident.

Anyway, while I LOVED Tales #5, this is the worst 'comic book' -TMNT or otherwise- I have ever read. Sorry if I'm stepping on some toes here, but seriously, every single page of this sucked. I knew this series was going to be pointless, and nothing screams 'pointless' more than this issue.

Maybe I didn't 'get' it or something, and I'm not sure if I want to.
__________________
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #23
OldSchooler
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 163
It's probably worth reading the rest of the series before deeming it 'pointless'.
OldSchooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #24
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too
 
Mecha Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,699
No, the original issue was a standalone story (And worked so well because of it) and did not need a spinoff. Whether it will be worthwile remains to be seen, but it was never neccesary.
__________________
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #25
OldSchooler
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 163
Well, applying that logic then Vol1 #2 was not necessary either, nor any subsequent issue.
OldSchooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #26
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too
 
Mecha Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,699
Apples and oranges. Tales #5 appeal lay in how it was written as a short story; short and simple, with a twist and a hint of irony. It was done, nothing more needed to be added. It didn't introduce a brand new universe in the way Volume One #1 did.

But whatever dude, I am not going to argue about this. If you liked the issue, good for you, but I didn't.
__________________
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #27
OldSchooler
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 163
That's cool, I don't want to launch into anything here either, I'm pretty sure there's a point to it though and it's far from the worst comic (TMNT or otherwise) - you obviously don't read Avatar's licensed horror lines (or Jason vs Leatherface)... blech!
OldSchooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #28
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
If this is the "worst" comic you've ever read, then you probably haven't read many comics. Either that or you only read the best comics ever written.

I thought this first issue was a great character piece on Leonardo. It's the second part of a five part tale. The story is only beginning to unfold.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:20 PM   #29
OldSchooler
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 163
Actually, it's only going to be four parts, the last was in previews for september.
OldSchooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #30
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
I'm including Tales Vol. 2 #5.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:18 PM   #31
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSplinter
Actually, it's only going to be four parts, the last was in previews for september.
Where I can I find these solicitations?
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #32
OldSchooler
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 163
This month's issue of previews, I'll scan 'em like I did last time.
OldSchooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:24 AM   #33
Damien Kash
Foot Soldier
 
Damien Kash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 182
Finally got the issue
And it rocks rocks rocks!

It was the worst leo-moment I've read
Just awfull looking at his dead body...and the katana trough him

Just love those tmnt comics that doesn't "go anywhere"
every issue doesn't need a fight or the world in danger
the tmnt has (to me) always been about "real" stuff
Damien Kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 AM   #34
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
I can agree with that, for me its always seemed like the TMNT are in the real world in NYC with no superheros etc. It seemed kinda weird when the utroms came to earth in Vol 4 and that but anyway I liked this issue it was actually better then I thought it would be in a way. Should be good and its nice to have another TMNT title for a bit
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #35
Space Lieutenant Josh
Hench Mutant
 
Space Lieutenant Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Village of Rock'n Kick-Ass
Posts: 492
Yeah, this one was really, really good. What's great also is the story is stand-alone even though it's part of a larger series. You don't see that often enough anymore.
Space Lieutenant Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:36 AM   #36
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I had to read this twice so I guess this makes it a good issue.
At first I was like omg what the hell how is going to affect everything Leonardo is dead!! And it's just a day dream shesh...they got me good.
I really didn't like those scenes seeing Leo's dead body and Raph being shot wowza that was a bit much for me to read @ 3am lol.
I am enjoying this and look forward to the next issue.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.