The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #21
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
dunno, it just says that it'll ship within the next two weeks! sorry! is it just me or is this turning into a birthday thread? happy birthday to you too R.G!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #22
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
Wait! But you said... :rereads Scientific freak's post:

Hmm... 'Kay, late present, early B-day...so that present goes to last year's... okay.

But since last year is over, it's also a very early present, if you choose to look at it like that (which I do).

And early gifts go with early birthday wishes. Which means both gobo and my well wishes are still valid. I think...

Well then, I wish you a happy late/early jeez-I'm-thinking-about-this-too-hard birthday!
My birthday is on the 20th and the items are coming out on the 23rd. Your wishes are still valid. Anyways back to the normal thread.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #23
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Any word on if they are going to do any TPBs of the older Mirage comics? They can be a pain to get on e-Bay, so it would be cool if they re-released them to tie in with the movie.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #24
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Well, there's the Zulli book coming out next month.

For the stuff that is actually considered canon, I wouldn't expect anything until Peter does whatever it is he plans to do to all of it. (I'm resisting a snide comment here and it's not easy.)
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #25
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Well, there's the Zulli book coming out next month.

For the stuff that is actually considered canon, I wouldn't expect anything until Peter does whatever it is he plans to do to all of it. (I'm resisting a snide comment here and it's not easy.)
yep, like completely re-inking and re-shading them all, putting in all new speechbubbles and letters (replacing the hand-written with computer written), completely irradicating every single little mistake, and basically just killing the soul of the thing. or is it just me that thinks this? look at the PBBZ reprint of TMNT#1 and compare with how it looked before, you'll see what i mean... i enjoy vol 4, and how its produced, i personally love it, but i dont like how he plans to do it with every 'canon' issue...
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #26
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific freak View Post
I just spent a ton of money for the TMNT books that are coming out this month that are based on the movie.
I just sent in my order for these to my local comic shop. PLUS which, I ordered a couple of magazines with articles about the Movie Turtles in the. I think the grand total for ALL of them (which is NOT counting the sales tax that I'll have to pay when they come in!) is somewhere in the neighborhood of $34.22...approximately.

Still, given how long that I've (we've) been waiting for a new TMNT movie, they're WELL worth the price. IMHO.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #27
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
yep, like completely re-inking and re-shading them all, putting in all new speechbubbles and letters (replacing the hand-written with computer written), completely irradicating every single little mistake, and basically just killing the soul of the thing. or is it just me that thinks this? look at the PBBZ reprint of TMNT#1 and compare with how it looked before, you'll see what i mean...
You pretty much just said everything I resisted saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89 View Post
PLUS which, I ordered a couple of magazines with articles about the Movie Turtles in the.
Hey, if you've got a heads-up on magazines we should be looking for, could you share?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #28
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Got this email from Panel to Panel today:

Quote:
Now available to order, the TALES OF THE TMNT: THE COLLECTED BOOKS VOLUME 2 - LEONARDO, featuring an exclusive bookplate* created & signed by, TMNT writer/artist, Jim Lawson.

Following the successful, sell-out bookplate for TALES OF THE TMNT: THE COLLECTED VOLUME 1, Panel to Panel.Net is proud to announce the release of it's second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle exclusive.

*two versions of this image, by Jim Lawson, will be available; and will shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
So there are two versions of the book plate?

Edit: I emailed Panel to Panel and asked if I could change my order to two copies and be assured that I'd get one of each bookplate. They promptly responded yes.

I'm a dork. :p

Last edited by Roseangelo; 01-11-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #29
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Welp! I just got it in the mail. I'd show ya what the bookplate looks like but my digital camera needs new batteries. meh.

The bookplate I got is just the Leo shadow and it's signed by Jim Lawson.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #30
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Got mine today, too! Both of them, because I'm a dork.

One bookplate is black and white, the other is white and black. I can take pics later tonight.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #31
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I thought about getting both, but I really cant afford it! One'll be good enough for me... I got an email a coupla days ago saying that it had just been shipped! cant wait! So are the bookplates the same picture but just converted, or are they two different ones?

When I emailed the good folks at panel to panel about a month back for info, this is what they sent me in return:

Quote:
I'll gladly email you when The next TMNT bookplates are ready to be
ordered; and trust me, you won't miss one. We'll be doing a special
bookplate for the Tales Vol. 2: Leonardo (with an exclusive image by Jim
Lawson, and a special variant edition of the image which will be available
in a 50/50 split), and a bookplate for the Michael Zulli/TMNT trade
paperback (with an all new Zulli image!).


So we've got a Mike Zulli bookplate to look forward to next!!! cant wait!!!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #32
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
I thought about getting both, but I really cant afford it! One'll be good enough for me... I got an email a coupla days ago saying that it had just been shipped! cant wait! So are the bookplates the same picture but just converted, or are they two different ones?

So we've got a Mike Zulli bookplate to look forward to next!!! cant wait!!!
Yea... the Mike Zulli TPB of Mirage Vol 1 comes out next month. Definatly gonna order that.

The bookplate I got with Tales of Leonardo is a B&W of Leo's shadow signed by Jim Lawson.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #33
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Here are my best attempts at pics of the two bookplates:



Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:14 PM   #34
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
This is the one I have. Funny how Jim Lawson signed em twice.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:55 AM   #35
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
Aye, got mine the other day, and it's the white on black bookplate.
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #36
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I got the black Leo on white background. And Raph's girl, the small sig is from the original bookplate art, which was reproduced (i think 50 times, according to Murphy when i asked him...) The second (larger one) is the actual signing of it, which he would've done individually. Must say, I prefer the first bookplate, but this is still cool though!!!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:09 PM   #37
Tortuga Joe
Random Punk
 
Tortuga Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 37
I love the art in the Tales of Leonardo series so much, it's so badass, with all the silhouettes and what not. I try to collect the books individually as well as in TPB form and so I picked this one up last Thursday or Wednesday (the 17th) or something. I found it strange that the TMNT website said they'd be hitting comic shops soon and the day I read that (last week) I went and picked it up. It was only 13 bucks Canadian too.
Tortuga Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:38 AM   #38
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
yep, like completely re-inking and re-shading them all, putting in all new speechbubbles and letters (replacing the hand-written with computer written), completely irradicating every single little mistake, and basically just killing the soul of the thing. or is it just me that thinks this? look at the PBBZ reprint of TMNT#1 and compare with how it looked before, you'll see what i mean... i enjoy vol 4, and how its produced, i personally love it, but i dont like how he plans to do it with every 'canon' issue...
So he's the George Lucas of comics?

Okay, Mike Zulli trade of Mirage volume 1? What issues does that cover exactly? I hope there is more Mirage volume 1 to come. I may have to get this, even if I don't have the beginning of volume 1.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #39
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
So he's the George Lucas of comics?

Okay, Mike Zulli trade of Mirage volume 1? What issues does that cover exactly? I hope there is more Mirage volume 1 to come. I may have to get this, even if I don't have the beginning of volume 1.
yep, you could say that!

the Zulli tpb collects issues 31, 35 and 36 of vol 1. plus two short stories from the tpb 'Shellshocked' which was basically a ton of shorts in one book. And honestly, you don't need any of the vol 1 comics for this tpb, its a three-part, stand alone 're-imagining'. And really, its top notch, I love it! The turtles look great, the artwork is amazing, and the action is awesome. Its not everybodies cup of tea, though...

I cant get a direct link, but you can get a synopsis and a preview of the artwork of the original issues at www.ninjaturtles.com go to comics, then mirage vol.1, then down to issue 31...
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.