The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #21
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
I don't understand why everyone expects the movie to feature their favorite bands or genre of music. Just deal with it. I enjoy Japanese bubblegum pop, but I don't expect the movie to feature it.

I happen to think the music works well from what we've seen and I plan on enjoying it for what it is.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:00 AM   #22
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I don't understand why everyone expects the movie to feature their favorite bands or genre of music. Just deal with it. I enjoy Japanese bubblegum pop, but I don't expect the movie to feature it.

I happen to think the music works well from what we've seen and I plan on enjoying it for what it is.
uum I don't want any bands in it thats what I want..I wasn't hoping nor did I expect to hear marilyn manson or praga khan or lords of acid in this movie lol.
I just want a good musical score you know like on the 2k3 show.
The whole bad rap and crapy rock thing worked in the 80's movies but I'm really not so sure about this...but oh well..I'm sure I'll live with it.
At this point it's my only gripe.
I mean gimmie a break I went from not being interested in this thing to absolutly loving it in 2 days!

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 03-14-2007 at 01:06 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:04 AM   #23
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I spread info about the movie in my teacher's program in my own way with a project on cultural influences of movies.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:53 AM   #24
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
You sneaky little devil, you.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:17 AM   #25
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
You sneaky little devil, you.
I have always been sneaking in my life. Some eyebrows arched when they saw it.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #26
Tortuga Joe
Random Punk
 
Tortuga Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 37
Those clips were so well done, and not even too spoiler'ish, I thought. I especially liked the Raph and Casey scene titled, "You've Never Heard of Smoke Pellets?", it was genuinely funny. Also, I think that Leo's voice sounds really well done. It's so much more of a different Leo than we've seen/heard in the past, and I for one, being a huge Leo fan, really enjoyed it, and am really impressed with it. And for that matter, I think the majority of the voice cast was really impressive too. This film is going to kill on opening weekend: I can't wait.
Tortuga Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #27
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I think maybe Raph's smoke pellets thing is a running joke in the movie. So far I've seen him use them thrice in various clips.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #28
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I can't wait until the 23...my gal-pal, my buddy and his girl are gonna double date, eat pizza and see TMNT...
I guess I'll do the same (minus the double-dating, I'm a loner)...BUT add a hot dog or two because that's the sort-of-notable food item in the new series. Can't forget that.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #29
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
I guess I'll do the same (minus the double-dating, I'm a loner)...BUT add a hot dog or two because that's the sort-of-notable food item in the new series. Can't forget that.
I'll be going on my own and eating the nummy Pizza pretzles that my theatre makes.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #30
jezza
Foot Soldier
 
jezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 170
i'm going with my girlfriend and at least 4 others
__________________

"You fight as brothers"
jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #31
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I don't understand why everyone expects the movie to feature their favorite bands or genre of music. Just deal with it. I enjoy Japanese bubblegum pop, but I don't expect the movie to feature it.

I happen to think the music works well from what we've seen and I plan on enjoying it for what it is.
I don't understand either. Also, it costs money, sometimes serious money, to secure the copyrights to use famous artists music in movies and tv shows, so this in by itself could have been the reason for no really popular bands.

But if this flick does good at the box office (I am hoping for 300 similar numbers here) then maybe they will have more room to incorporate other music, and perhaps beef this baby up to a PG-13!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:46 AM   #32
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I don't understand either. Also, it costs money, sometimes serious money, to secure the copyrights to use famous artists music in movies and tv shows, so this in by itself could have been the reason for no really popular bands.

But if this flick does good at the box office (I am hoping for 300 similar numbers here) then maybe they will have more room to incorporate other music, and perhaps beef this baby up to a PG-13!
what I'm talking about is no bands at all a damn movie score not crapy rock bands like pod...I dont want anyone who can be found in the music scene at all.
I really hope the movie isn't full of this crap...even though it seems like it will be.
I'm talkin' nice written musical scores and sounds to go with the characters...not pumping your fist jock rock anthems.
But really I don't see what the big deal is I'm stating an opinion and what's not to get.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #33
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
what I'm talking about is no bands at all a damn movie score not crapy rock bands like pod...I dont want anyone who can be found in the music scene at all.
I really hope the movie isn't full of this crap...even though it seems like it will be.
I'm talkin' nice written musical scores and sounds to go with the characters...not pumping your fist jock rock anthems.
But really I don't see what the big deal is I'm stating an opinion and what's not to get.
There are only certain movies that can get away with ONLY a score and not a regular soundtrack. TMNT isn't one of them.

Just because you consider the bands crap doesn't mean they actually are and reinforces my statement about people who want only music they like and approve of to be on the soundtrack. It can't be like that; just deal with it.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:25 AM   #34
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I am going by myself on opening day. I have not decided if I should go to the first showing or the first evening showing.

I have talked to the local movie theater about the movie, they have indicated that a ton of people are excited about this movie.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #35
SLASH!!!
Foot Soldier
 
SLASH!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lurking in the Shadows
Posts: 125
IGN has yet another clip. This time it is Leo and Raph arguing on a roof. Check it out.
SLASH!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #36
Garou
On a X-Men: Evo trip!
 
Garou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In a different and wicked reality...
Posts: 1,991
I was screaming like a crazed fangirl, when I saw that there was a new clip up. And Raph's laugh... Thanks for the note, SLASH.
__________________
Ferret Bureau of Investigation
Garou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #37
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I can't believe Leo went there.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #38
mikey2007
Hench Mutant
 
mikey2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza View Post
i'm going with my girlfriend and at least 4 others
yeah, me and my friend are double dating, lol we've also been having a lost season marathon the past couple of days, and watchin various turtles stuff to get ready for this bad boy, but i think i'm also diggin the pizza idea like someone else had said, lol maybe go to the movie, and go for some pizza afterward
__________________

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #39
Ralphmacchio
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 83
Check this out I switched up the music with something a little more effective. In, the raph leo fight.

Sounds better on dailymotion
http://www.dailymotion.com/altpunkhe...tmnt-2007-edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JW1HYwmN7I

Last edited by Ralphmacchio; 03-16-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Ralphmacchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #40
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
holy crap that Leo and Raph argument was intense.God I loved Leo's complete frustration with Raph and that line where he asks Raph why he hates him for wanting to be a better leader fo rthem
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.