![]() |
|
|
#21 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
Btw thats a really rude statement while most stoners are annoying as hell it's really wrong to generalize people because I know plenty of stoners who are very wealthy business men and women. Um and he does sound like he is because of how often he talks about how he "has a major case of the munchies" like in every damn episode. Scooby Doo & Shaggy are the same exact way. And Mike in the old toon is suposed to be a california surfer type I live in california buddy and most of the surfers are allot like what I talked about. It's a cartoon and an opinion you don't think it's true but I do so "Don't like it don't read it". And how to splinter looks in FF he and the turtles to me look almost exactly like how Jim Lawson draws them infact if not better so I think that says so much about everything Jim being the main artist for tmnt and all. And as your tired of people bitching about stoner 80's surfer mike I'm tired of people complaining about splinters soaps it's stupid we get it but you know it's in the movie also...so I'd pretty much say it's not a new idea. Splinter would sit and watch tv while the turtles where away in the old toon and archie comics as well so it's really nothing new. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 | |
|
See You Next Mission
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,365
|
Dude!!!
How can you NOT have a TMNT with Splinter?? He is the rock that holds them together as a family...
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,374
|
Ask Peter Laird that. He killed Splinter off years ago.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
|
Not in the TV or movies, he didn't.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs). "Fright Night" - Three Stooges |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,374
|
Of course he would'nt, because younger audiences watch the cartoons, where as they don't read the comics and there targeted towards the older fans
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
|
SPLINTER is in FAST FORWARD???
Actually, the very first ep let him fight. Then we get the soap opera thing (which, btw, I don't believe is canon-- it's fanon, yet has become canon)-- yes, they have not used him as much as they could have. I got that feeling during that fourth season as well. And he was starting to be used more. Even as a fighter (which he should be the best, no doubt). But yes, Splinter is part of the Family, and though I enjoy the guys exploring on their own, I would not like it if they got rid of my
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog! http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hangin' out in the Turtles' Lair
Posts: 1,268
|
That's true the Guys will be lost without their father/mentor.
__________________
RIP Mommy Angie! Se onr sverdar sitja hvass! (May your swords stay sharp!) - Eragon ![]() Sig made by: Joe |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,374
|
Pfft...the f*ck they would be, they'd learn to move on without him. Get out of your collective "safe zone" asses for the sake of character expansion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A nice little spot in the gutter where I keep my mind
Posts: 1,437
|
I am glad they had Splinter go with them to the future. I also prefer them all living together. It just wouldn't be the same if they split up. For one thing it would most likely lead to some turtles being neglected screen time if they split up tv is not the best medium to attempt things like that. If they weren't all living together I really think it would hurt the show overall and could of even possibly ended it in my opinion. Personally I feel the guys still need Splinter though as they've become more capable and self sufficient he has sort of stepped back a bit and let them do more on their own. It seems to me as if he's trying to see how they do on their own. He's still there if they need him but for the most part they are learning not to rely on him as much as they did before. In early 2k3 he stepped in rather often to get them out of trouble. Personally I see quite a bit of character development here. *shrug*
__________________
![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 | ||
|
Band of the Hawk
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
|
Quote:
umm, look Putrescent I wasn't exactly trying to pick a fight in my post so there is no need to talk down to me and tell me to get over my self for responding the way I did. I just didn't care for the eye rolling stero-type that Michaelangelo in the old toon was portrayed as a stoner. And I do find that offensive since even though some people who are stoners might be succusful, as you pointed out, the general view is that they are losers who aren't very smart, which is how its usually used as when applied to Michaelangelo. I find it as a put down to a favorite character of mine, and most any other fan of their favorite turtle would take offence as well. And yes I know that there are alot of drugged out surfers in california too so I don't need to be told that. Its kind of the same as the little jabs Donatello character gets about being gay because he wears purple or acts a certain way, that is unfair to his character. Quote:
__________________
![]() Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him! Cassandra's Revenge ~Tangled the Series ________________________________ http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/ _______________________________ http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
|
Quote:
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs). "Fright Night" - Three Stooges |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
I'd say ZariusTwo and Sunshine both have good points. I'd never thought of not having Splinter step in to fight as character development for the TMNT before.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 | |
|
Band of the Hawk
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him! Cassandra's Revenge ~Tangled the Series ________________________________ http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/ _______________________________ http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
btw looking back over now with what you said you didn't find yourself to be one bit rude? Wow really? cause I'd call some one who comes into a thread about FF Splinter screaming about one comment which was a joke about Mike and turning it into a huge deal rude. So just keep on rollin them eyes. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
I'm surprised I didn't realize it sooner, but Splinter is only in FF because they wanted to sell his action figure. Think about it. The Paleo Patrol set had a Splinter figure, but he was never there. So, by putting him in this series, the action figure is at least show specific. Even though they got the accessories wrong.
Quote:
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 | ||
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
I'd apricate it if you Mikey fans didn't make me dislike him anymore allready k thanks. Quote:
I think they just want to sell toys but I don't think the episodes really had much to do with it when it came to 2k3 since they would release characters a long time after they apeared on the air. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#40 | |
|
Band of the Hawk
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
|
Quote:
And of course I know that Michaelangelo in the old toon was a "comedic" character. Just about every character, theme and aspect in the old show was for comedic effect. And I did awknowledge that you where only joking and even went so far as to apologise for my out burst, which you choose to not even a awknowledge, but what ever lets just drop and now and stop going back and forth.
__________________
![]() Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him! Cassandra's Revenge ~Tangled the Series ________________________________ http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/ _______________________________ http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|