![]() |
|
|
#21 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
Btw a little tid bit about Venus not sure if many knew this but her bands where going to be pink not sky blue like they ended up being I painted my venus this color because I like her this way better seeing as leonardo was already blue. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
And yeah green just looks odd on a green skined character but I guess they could have made her skin brown. And i agree she should have had a differnt kind of mask or none at all but you would have seen even more of the cheodo brothers(sp) bad work if they didnt have them lol. And another little not so well known fact is that they where going to change leo and dons colors for the next mutation as well Leo was going to be yellow and don was going to have black I'm glad they kept things they whay they always where. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
Han Shot First
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
|
Or braid her mask loops. wow that was dumb
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Quote:
And as for robot Turtles, there was Mec(h)aturtle in the first NES game, and T4 in the unreleased Dreamwave comic. And don't forget the Turtle Saint!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
|
OH! This reminds me - I recently acquired this picture, which reveals that the Dark Turtles were not originally designed to have red/blue/orange/purple skin, but rather the green skin tone of their respective Turtle:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 | |
|
Han Shot First
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
|
Quote:
I want these ![]() ![]() ![]()
__________________
![]() Last edited by Revan; 06-29-2007 at 12:41 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Quote:
From a chat with Eastman around 1997 : RiAngelo: The new Turtles rule - is there still a fourth movie in the works that will use the new fifth Turtle, Venus? KevinE: Yes, there is. KevinE: We’re still hoping for a fourth feature film in 1998. And, the most important new Turtle, Venus, will be very much featured.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
|
I might have actually been tempted to buy one of those. Thanks for posting!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Kirby
Kirby makes me think of a 1990's video game from Nintendo.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
|
Now a fifth turtle (notice the small cap) drawn as if it were in an alternate universe and is not really a part of the family, that is fine with me.
But Chet only had FOUR baby turtles in his jar. FOUR. I still shudder at the idea of Venus de Milo. I am glad this has not been carried out in any other universes. No comics feature her AFAIK- at least not Mirage ones. She's not in the NT. She's not in the CG movie. She won't be in Forever War (hopefully). So I can easily pivot my neck and pretend she never materialized.
__________________
![]() Turtles fight with honor!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,204
|
I think it should have been a no brainer to make her pink. I'm pretty sure Venus's primary use from the creators standpoint was to broaden the audience of Ninja Turtles (more girl fans) what more girly color than pink? And light blue wouldn't have been a bad choice if we didn't already have a blue turle, like you said. My younger cousins still play ninja turtles, and the girl likes venus, even she pretends her bands were pink.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
|
reading all this just really makes me want to see some more behind the scenes stuff from the turtles movies and the turtles movies that didnt make the cut. scripts, concept designs (I would love to see the maquettes and different designs they came up with for the movie versions of Splinter and the turtles) anything. one of these days something has to get leaked
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
But I understand where you're coming from Rose I hated allot of the 2k3 figure so I passed on the same goes with the new movie turtles I'm fine with the tmnt that I have why the hell do I need a set of ugly cgi looking turtles that don't even fit with the rest of my figures. When and if they make Mirage styled figures those will be the ones to replace everything. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Oy! Venus was to be a neon pink? That would have got me to stop watching after the first second. As it is (with the distaste I've always had for Power Rangers), I gave that irritating show three chances (episodes) to entertain me. Didn't happen. When Venus showed up, I clearly remember thinking, "at least her bandanna isn't pink". Honestly, I think hers should have been white to comply with Shinobi ideals (spirituality and all), so I guessed that was why they settled with sky blue (the heavens).
That last interview snippet made it sound like Venus was replaced by or a replacement for Kirby.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#39 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
|
Quote:
Anyway, April technically isn't a mutant turtle since she started out human, and weren't the Dark Turtles just clones? So the only turtles that started out as turtles and were mutated into, um, mutant turtles are the eight that I originally listed, right? (assuming, of course, that Kirby is a mutated turtle like the others) Oh, and yeah, those dark turtles that you guys posted above look way better than the ones that are on FF now. Why on earth would a clone's skin just happen to turn into the color of the bandannas that the turtles wore...? Ugh. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
|
Here's my thoughts on it Shelf...
The original four: mutant turtles Slash: either mutant turtle (cartoon) or just another alien (archie) Tokka: mutant turtle April: mutant turtle even if for a short time Darkt turtles: clones of mutant turtles (so you can go either way on it) Venus: mutant turtle sadly Kirby: if he's from the pencil, is he still a mutant turtle or a drawing come to life like April? Metalhead: turtle robot Turtlebot: isn't the one from the first video game the same thing as the one from "What a Croc"? T4: mouser turtle robot? lol Turtle Saint: four mutant turtles combine to create some funky Japanese warrior thingy I like the sculpts better than the final product. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|