The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #21
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
And this affects your life in which way?
It doesn't. All I said is that these were likely designed as toy placements.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #22
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Heck, the show itself is a glorified toy ad with an intricate plot. Heck, most American produced shows since the 80's were nothing more than advertisements for the toy line.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #23
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Heck, the show itself is a glorified toy ad with an intricate plot. Heck, most American produced shows since the 80's were nothing more than advertisements for the toy line.
And that doesn't mean they're bad. If anyone thought I was berrating the show for it, all I need say is that I'm a fan of Transformers and Beast Wars.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #24
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Nah, I didn't take it as such. Just pointing out that that's the way the...um...cookie crumbles, since I couldn't modify the analogy for action figures.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #25
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Oh, I like cookies.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:31 AM   #26
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I like them myself. They look fine in action. If they were for a toy ad they'd have the toys out already...
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #27
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
they look pretty cool
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #28
Shred Head
Hench Mutant
 
Shred Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Matt View Post
Didn't somebody point out somewhere that people are complaining about aspects of the new season that have always been in the series?

Seriously, Donny built a hovercraft by the second episode. Nothing so far has been a stretch of the internal logic layed down in the first few seasons.
Well they used to be better at covering up how Don could do all this stuff without money. Like showing them actaully get something like an armored car then modding into the battle shell or giving some piss poor explanation of its left over tech from the Utrom or the Triceraton invasion and that one was pretty good since the Triceraton's left there crap everywhere. So I can understand people's complaints. I mean Don pretty much being able to make a dumpster with antigrav hover jump and portal to Tron world is overdoing it a bit more then they did the last few seasons.

As for Cyber World armor I dont mind it the Extreme sports turtle suits look far stupider. I'm still worried there going to put any and every crappy Playmate variant into this show.
__________________

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #29
Casual Matt
Foot Soldier
 
Casual Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
Well they used to be better at covering up how Don could do all this stuff without money. Like showing them actaully get something like an armored car then modding into the battle shell or giving some piss poor explanation of its left over tech from the Utrom or the Triceraton invasion and that one was pretty good since the Triceraton's left there crap everywhere. So I can understand people's complaints. I mean Don pretty much being able to make a dumpster with antigrav hover jump and portal to Tron world is overdoing it a bit more then they did the last few seasons.

As for Cyber World armor I dont mind it the Extreme sports turtle suits look far stupider. I'm still worried there going to put any and every crappy Playmate variant into this show.
Well, now that Don's seen the future, he has new ideas. I'm sure he's poked around inside every piece of future tech he saw, too. Including the Hover Shell.

But that doesn't change the fact that he'd already built a fully functional hovercraft by the second episode. No Triceraton tech required.

And we haven't seen how Don gets the whole VR Troopers thing set up yet, so if anybody's complaining about that, they don't really have the ground do do so just yet.
__________________
Casual Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #30
Aneras713
Hench Mutant
 
Aneras713's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA (or anywhere near a computer)
Posts: 314
Can't they ever just use Zandramon's private space crusier that they, ahem, "borrowed" in season 3?

Donny could at least install something that makes it invisible!

I mean "We all can't come and go by bubble!" (c) 2003 Elphaba - Wicked *random thought*
__________________
Why the shell am I here? Cause it's 3:15 in the morning and what else am I gonna do?
Aneras713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #31
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Feh! Just be glad this hasn't been made into a series yet:



Can you see that? A freak accident leaves the Turtles and April hugely overweight. The turtles become Sumos, and April holes out in her house until she's "Cute" again.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #32
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Can you see that? A freak accident leaves the Turtles and April hugely overweight. The turtles become Sumos, and April holes out in her house until she's "Cute" again.
And you thought Venus was the only Turtle with breasts!
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #33
Casual Matt
Foot Soldier
 
Casual Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
So he's Sumo Michaelangelo but he has Raph's bandanas and Don's skin tone?

Granted his bandana looks red on the box, but why are he and raph classic red while Leo and Don have their cartoon headbands?

And when does spinning hair qualify as sumo action?

Wait, since when do the Ninja Turtles have hair?

Dammit, every time I look at that thing, something about it perplexes me.

...

Why is cowabunga spelled with a "K"?

Dammit, why can't I stop looking at it?
__________________
Casual Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #34
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Can you see that? A freak accident leaves the Turtles and April hugely overweight. The turtles become Sumos, and April holes out in her house until she's "Cute" again.
It may have come severial years later but I'm pretty sure these had been made to go with the 1991 Tattoo action figure.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:08 AM   #35
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Again, Super human Samurai Syber Squad or whatever the hell it is. That's what these turtles are lol
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:03 AM   #36
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Matt View Post
So he's Sumo Michaelangelo but he has Raph's bandanas and Don's skin tone?
.... Diabetes?

(I can make fun of it, since that's clearly how I'm gonna go...)
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #37
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
.... Diabetes?

(I can make fun of it, since that's clearly how I'm gonna go...)
That and Wilfrid Brimley + Diabetes commercial = comedy gold
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #38
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
That and Wilfrid Brimley + Diabetes commercial = comedy gold
You spelled it wrong. It's diabeetus.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #39
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
You spelled it wrong. It's diabeetus.
I was following Tooth's lead, but indeed you are indeed correct Prof. Cure.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #40
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294

Beetus...Beetus...Diabeetus!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.