The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
Shred Head
Hench Mutant
 
Shred Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by syk_skillz View Post
Thought they canceled the DTV movie
They canned the Imagi movie that was going to be a strict adaptation of issue one and prequael to the 2007 movie. I think its one of either four things.

1. There going ahead with the TMNT mirage issue one adaptation but with a diffrent animation studio probraly 2D animated.

2. This one I think is the most likley a DTV based on the current animated cartoon. Would be a awesome since we are getting only 13 episodes this season.

3. An Old Toon movie which wold be a dream come true for me and I'm sure many others. I'm mostly rooting for this one.

4. There isn't one Wizard/Toyfair just doesn't know WTF there talking about sadly it wouldn't be the first time either.
__________________

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
I think this movie will involve dimension-traveling, which might mean a crossover with the original series cast, as well as the confirmed apperances of Usagi, Gen, and April and Casey's wedding.

And I woudlnt put it past 4Kids to split it into three parts on reruns.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-27-2008 at 06:33 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Hmmmm. I wouldn't be opposed to that!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #24
Leonardo19
Foot Soldier
 
Leonardo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC SEWERS
Posts: 190
Here are a couple of better pics of the write up. Sorry its still a little blurry.
__________________


GOONGALA!

Last edited by Leonardo19; 12-17-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Leonardo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #25
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Somehow, I'm expecting it'll just be a three-parter comprised of the last three eps of the season.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #26
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyfare
Last season Leo, Don, Raph and Mike pressed the "fast forward" button and went into the future. They make it back to the present, but someone kidnaps their mentor Splinter, and it's up to our four heroes in the half shell to save him. Unfortunately, a major villain returns to stand in their way. "There are new rules, new powers, and new threats for the Turtles (to resolve,)" says Lloyd Goldfine, (who is producer) and story editor for the series. Not only will the new season end with a wedding, but the show is going to celebrate 25 years of Turtles with a special animated movie. For the old school Turtle purists in you Goldfine assures you you'll go Cowabunga over the movie!
TOON TOYS: With 2009 as the Turtles 25th anniversary a new line of toys from Playmates is jhust the tip of the iceberg.
There....finished!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #27
Leonardo15
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 45
I wonder how old school they mean? Will the movie be based on the comics or the 80's cartoon?
Leonardo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #28
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
*shrugs* I've long wanted a crossover between the OT and the 2k3 Turtles.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,780
I've also always secretly hoped the 2k3 Turtles would travel through an alternate dimension to the 80's cartoon universe, complete with all the old voice actors reprising the Turtles and Shredder/Krang/Bebop/Rocksteady.

Having the 2k3 Turtles meet their old toon counterparts would be amazing.

If only.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #30
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Hey I still have my fingers crossed.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #31
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Did they "Cowabunga" in the Mirage comics?
Closest thing I could think of is when in Vol 4 issue 1, Mike grabs one of the snowmobiles and shouts "Cowa... somethin' or other!"
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #32
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Originally Posted by Toyfare
Last season Leo, Don, Raph and Mike pressed the "fast forward" button and went into the future. They make it back to the present, but someone kidnaps their mentor Splinter, and it's up to our four heroes in the half shell to save him. Unfortunately, a major villain returns to stand in their way. "There are new rules, new powers, and new threats for the Turtles (to resolve,)" says Lloyd Goldfine, (who is producer) and story editor for the series. Not only will the new season end with a wedding, but the show is going to celebrate 25 years of Turtles with a special animated movie. For the old school Turtle purists in you Goldfine assures you you'll go Cowabunga over the movie!
TOON TOYS: With 2009 as the Turtles 25th anniversary a new line of toys from Playmates is jhust the tip of the iceberg.


OMG.

This news is mind blowing!! I don't know what else to say but COWABUNGA!
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:43 AM   #33
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
Hmmm..until this has been officially posted on one of the TMNT blogs or on the official website, I'm going to stay skeptic. It's like that time when playmates announced on their website that a live action movie was going to be made and it turned out to be false info.
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:23 AM   #34
Aneras713
Hench Mutant
 
Aneras713's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA (or anywhere near a computer)
Posts: 314
So April and Casey are finally getting married in the last episode?

Didn't they just reveal a big character spoiler?
__________________
Why the shell am I here? Cause it's 3:15 in the morning and what else am I gonna do?

Last edited by Aneras713; 09-28-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Aneras713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 AM   #35
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneras713 View Post
Didn't they just reveal a big character spoiler?
Nope, Peter Laird talked about it way before this, so you wanna go throw spoiler tags out go throw some at Peter.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:03 AM   #36
Aneras713
Hench Mutant
 
Aneras713's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA (or anywhere near a computer)
Posts: 314
Must not have heard it, that's what happens when you only go on four websites to find out whats going on.
__________________
Why the shell am I here? Cause it's 3:15 in the morning and what else am I gonna do?
Aneras713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #37
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
I'll believe it when I hear it from an official TMNT source. if they somehow (and I completely doubt it) make a classic style movie based off the old series, and somehow get the original cast, I'll be amazed. I could see them make a 2k3 style DTV (Don't understand why they didn't do at least one yet).. or some semi-sequal to the movie.... but it seems like something that they're either keeping hush hush super secret on... or will never happen.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #38
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
Mabey BTTS's 13 episodes won't wrap up the current story, and they'll finish it with this movie?

I'd like a sequel to the cgi TMNT, since I really want to move away from that as far as major releases go, but I was interested in the story enough to not let it die on a semi-cliff hanger.

An OT movie with the original cast would make my life!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #39
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
An OT movie with the original cast would make my life!
same here, I really want to see a OT DTV movie with the turtles from the orginal cartoon that finially wraps up loose ends. That would be so awsome. But like Buffy and Dr.Tooth said, I'll stay skeptic till I hear from the real sources.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #40
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Mabey BTTS's 13 episodes won't wrap up the current story, and they'll finish it with this movie?
I doubt it. They chose 13 episodes a while back, and they clearly thought it all the way through. we're only 3 epiodes in. I feel that they can get the rest of Splinter and have the massive Shredder war in 10 episodes. After that, we'll clearly have another subtitled season. This is partially a transition season, after all.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.