The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #21
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
For being Captain Obvious? No thank you.

I'm disappointed that the attention the Turtles have been getting is fading again, but I figure the fans might as well enjoy what's out there. Too bad the Turtles just can't seem to get cemented the same way the Marvel and DC characters have been as far as popularity goes.
No I just meant for understanding that being negative isn't good.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:51 AM   #22
Doc_ock_4mugen
Hench Mutant
 
Doc_ock_4mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 389
Things might look bad for the TMNT right now, but we gotta at least keep a more positie outlook... IT's hard but we can't be in a doom and gloom mode all the time... cling to the good memories and share the love for the tmnt... Regarding the toon maybe it was time for it to take a breather...
__________________
Mikey might be part of Nick now, but he still loves Miley... I mean Hannah... Stupid Secret Identity!!
Doc_ock_4mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #23
1984
Thug
 
1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VT
Posts: 96
Its an up and down process that most cartoon properties seem to go through. I know MOTU is the same way, but hey its something to look forward to in the future. If an animated show goes on too long it becomes stale anyway, and eventually loses interest from most. I am grateful for the the 2k3 series and movie, I was not expecting such a resurgence in popularity for the turtles but im glad it happened.
__________________
The Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang
1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #24
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist
 
Type 97 Chi-ha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
If an animated show goes on too long it becomes stale anyway, and eventually loses interest from most.
I wonder how The Simpsons has gone on for so long then.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 97 Chi-ha View Post
I wonder how The Simpsons has gone on for so long then.
the shows script is written in satanic blood
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #26
1984
Thug
 
1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VT
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
the shows script is written in satanic blood
That has to be the answer, no other explanation.
__________________
The Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang
1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
The Simpsons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 97 Chi-ha View Post
I wonder how The Simpsons has gone on for so long then.
Is the popularity of the Simpsons still the same as the early years, or lower?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Simpsons will go on until Fox can no longer afford to pay the VA salaries.

As for TMNT, it's sad to see it dying for a second time. Everytime a "era of TMNT" ends I get really sad, but I know its inevitable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #29
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior
 
Monte Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Posts: 825
Who knows, maybe by some miracle G.I. Joe Resolute will not only please aging fanboys but will also make fat money, encouraging the powers that be to produce a similarly edgy and badass take on the Turtles...
__________________
Monte Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #30
Cowabunga Kiefer
Hench Mutant
 
Cowabunga Kiefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Born in Nashville, now I live in NYC. No TMNT sightings yet...
Posts: 303
I guess the marketing industry isn't as persuasive as it once was. Competition gets fiercer one commercial at a time...*sigh.* A miracle just has to happen I guess!
Cowabunga Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #31
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
PS the Spice Girls and Britney Spears can just burn in hell for all I care.
Thats a pretty strong statement for people you don't even personally know. How about some respect towards another human?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #32
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Thats a pretty strong statement for people you don't even personally know. How about some respect towards another human?
I never take things like that personal. It's easy to understand that this person dislike the songs (me too, even if I dont use those words, and some Melanie Chisholm solo ballads are good).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.