The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLETITAIN97 View Post
I think shredder looks kind of alright. We just need to see him in motion, then judge.
I agree and also with better lighting... That set looks awesome, hope that is what the show setting will be like.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #22
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Glad we've finally found what old bucket head looks like in the show. Hopefully, we will see what april looks like soon.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
is this reay going to be the new Shredder?! he looks completely different than the others shredders. Anyway we have to wait until the show starts.
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #24
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
is this reay going to be the new Shredder?! he looks completely different than the others shredders. Anyway we have to wait until the show starts.
Yeah he does look different but I think its bc of the CGI. He actaully looks a little like the mirage comic and 1st movie shredder.

I actually don't like the way he looks. He looks extremely cheesy and ordinary
But I think we will have to wait until the show to make a fair judgement.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
Looks like Shredder has been taking inspiration for those wrist blades from the newer predators.
Must be a right pain if he gets ya know, caught out, probably castrate himself.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Really loving Shredders top, did they have a sale at J.C. Penny this week?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #27
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
HA!
Maybe Shredder is a female, when it's that time of the month the Turtles will be really up against a fierce opponent.
Although they could probably just chuck a duvet, loads of chocolate and a couch at her, end battle.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #28
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Oooh, this sounds like an awesome ride. I wish I could go there and experience it. As for Shredder, he definitely looks different, and I hope he'll be a skilled fighter, too.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #29
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
Shredder looks absolutely disgusting. Seriously!?!?!?!?!?!? This is a joke, right? What's with the oversized EVERYTHING on him? That is supposed to be the "scariest" version of him yet??? I certainly hope this isn't anywhere close to his final design. It's just cheap and horrendous looking. This makes the 3 toe thing look brilliant in my opinion. I just don't get it....honestly, he looks like something from a really, really cheap dumbed down kid's show. This leaves me with little faith in Nick's decisions. Sorry for venting and being negative, but I honestly just don't see one thing positive in his design.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Also, notice the sewer system design. It sort of has some of the OT-style red brick and works fairly well. I just wish the detail was a bit better on the Shredder. Notice that Japanese character on his belt as well, which is unique to the Shredder designs I've seen.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I wonder if that will be the new Foot symbol for the show?
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #32
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
Shredder's blades are a little too big and the design too simple. Also extremely cheesy and not threatening at all. Coloring = bad. It needs to be darker. Hope it looks better in the actual show.

Edit: made some comparisons :p



and


Last edited by TobTurn; 01-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
Agreed, he looks funny as opposed to menacing.
He actually reminds me of a fighter plane, those flared shin guards look like turbine exhausts, give him wings and he can hang out with starscream.

Last edited by Raph'N'Roll; 01-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #34
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'm not thrilled with his design, but he does look like he belongs in that universe. I'm sure I'll like it better when fully rendered.
I expected everything oversized, after-all this is a kids show villain and nowadays they always exaggerate stuff like that.
I know one thing, going from maroon to purple would definitely add power points for me.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Shredder looks terrible. The people who went to he Nick event kept claiming he was the scariest or menacing looking Shredder ever. Is this what you guys saw?

Looks like he belongs in some early 2000 videogame.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #36
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Shredder looks terrible. The people who went to he Nick event kept claiming he was the scariest or menacing looking Shredder ever. Is this what you guys saw?

Looks like he belongs in some early 2000 videogame.
Nope, we saw an action figure and drawings.
They looked a hell of a lot cooler than this turd.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #37
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I would mostly second this. He looks like he may not be fully rendered with all the textures, but I think that's more or less what we were shown.

Remembering details like that from both events at this point is kinda hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Nope, we saw an action figure and drawings.
They looked a hell of a lot cooler than this turd.
An apparent discrepancy in the accounts?

__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #38
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,177
don't like it at all, way too goofy. I'm starting to think this new show really will be very goofy and childish and not in a enjoyable OT kind of way.

To be more constructive, the pink umm spandex with the shiny metallic parts looks terrible, the oversized blades and armor are just silly and reek of the worst of the 90s, the purple glove/kneepads don't help and neither does the oversized helmet. What a joke.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Agreed. The only reason a "goofy" Shredder worked in the original cartoon is because he was genuinely funny, but he was still a threat and a skilled fighter.

People love old toon Shredder for this reason. He could be a bumbling baffoon in some eps and then a serious threat in others. He had excellent interactions with Krang and his design was just right.

I am worried for this Shredder.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #40
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
The thing is, we're told that he's supposed to be very serious and a competent villain while having henchmen being the comic relief to that seriousness.

Thing is... he looks a bit simplistic like the Turtles first did when we saw that first Leo pic. I have to wonder if it's supposed to end up more like the figure and art we saw at the events.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.