The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295


__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
So let's do a checklist:

Movies = DONE on blu-ray except Steve Barron special edition

Original cartoon = DONE on DVD

Next Mutation = Just announced for DVD

4kids series = Need to be re-released

Mirage run = In the process of being released in trades

Archie = In the process of being released



Man if only Nick could announce new 4kids DVDs, we'd have almost everything being done properly for once.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #23
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
I need my 4kids dvds!!!
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Does anyone know if Shout!Factory takes fan opinion into account about series to acquire for DVD?

Since Nick ALREADY works with Shout to release their old shows to DVD, I would already assumed if we were to get any new 4kids DVDs, it would come from them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #25
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So let's do a checklist:

Movies = DONE on blu-ray except Steve Barron special edition

Original cartoon = DONE on DVD

Next Mutation = Just announced for DVD

4kids series = Need to be re-released

Mirage run = In the process of being released in trades

Archie = In the process of being released


This is all well and good, but I wouldn't mind if Nick also released COOTS on dvd (maybe a special edition with the making of). I don't know the logistics of music getting onto iTunes, but it would be kinda cool if they remastered the COOTS songs and got those on iTunes. I know COOTS isn't alot of fans cup o' tea, but there are still alot of fans that would dig that. I would.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #26
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
COMING OUT OF THEIR SHELLS ON BLU RAY with special features getting down in your town
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #27
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I would love to see the DVD or blue ray version of behind the shells added to SOTO or some kind of bundle.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post


I thought Shredder was pretty well done. It's Jarrah White's Australian Leonardo that just doesn't fit at all.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #29
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Are you kidding?? Shredder was medium. Medium well at best.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #30
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Are you kidding?? Shredder was medium. Medium well at best.
Really, I thought Shredder sucked. That guy was no James Avery, no matter how hard he tried.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
James Avery?? That guy was raw, dude. Shredder tartare...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #32
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Really, I thought Shredder sucked. That guy was no James Avery, no matter how hard he tried.
Yeah, but neither was the great Jim Cummings.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, but neither was the great Jim Cummings.
That's true.

I always felt odd that I was the only one doing an "impression" while everyone else did their own takes...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I'd take the TMNT anime being released in the U.S. over any lame music stuff.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #35
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So let's do a checklist:

4kids series = Need to be re-released
I've still got the first eight volumes that made up the first season since they've got special features, but I wouldn't mind if any season 1 sets were re-issued with those bonus features. I have the two halves of the second season, but I could sure go for better releases for the third and fourth seasons with all of their episodes in the proper order. I also want a North American release of Back to the Sewer, and I even went into detail about that in another thread.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #36
GodzFire
Hench Mutant
 
GodzFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sewers
Posts: 292
I WANT to see the release of a 'music of TMNT' soundtrack for the original series. So much great music, and a built in buyer base.
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #37
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Sorry, what? Too busy looking at that gif*ckingnormous signature of yours.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #38
joetheripper
Foot Soldier
 
joetheripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 246
Great time to be a TMNT fan. Win Win!
joetheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.