The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #21
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I'm loving this IDW stuff. Keep it comming. Can't wait!
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #22
Lucs
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
The mini sounds very intriguing. Would love to see where Shredder is coming from and if they talk about why he's still around. Seemed like Splinter was surprised he was even able still be alive.
Lucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Hm, just realized this is probably going to be all ancient Japan stuff with Saki and Yoshi again...for the third time. Should be cool.

They're getting a lot of mileage out of that backstory though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #24
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
That article is riddled with errors (I'm not an assistant editor!!). The correct name of the mini-series is "Secret History of the Foot Clan." Art and story by Mateus Santolouco, with Erik Burnham co-scripting. We'll have covers by Rafael Grampa and CP Wilson.

Though subject to change, all signs point to a 4 issue mini starting in December. I'll try and post our first art for it at the IDW forum next week!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #25
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
thaks for allthe info guys!and thanks for the corrections, bobby!wow!the secret istory of te foot clan?sounds like I died and wound up in heaven somehowbut this is too much fun for turtles admirers nowTHIS is the time to LIVE!!
bobby, is there a release date in mind for the annual?and what do I read about peter laird here?an interview with him at least would be fun in that thing... thinks I..
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #26
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
We're shooting for December, though that's not completely locked in stone. Should know for sure soon.

No Laird involvement. We're happy to be getting Ultimate annotations from him.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It's about how the Foot came about and how Shredder is still alive in present time.
Simply awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
That is one hell of a creative team.

Psyched for this one.
Totally agreed. Erik has Splinter down-pat, his Micro was by far my favorite take on the character. He even beat out Mirage's Splinter, in my mind. That may be a drastic statement given it was only one issue, but IDW's Splinter as a whole has been far more attractive as a character to me than Mirage's was. Not to say that I didn't enjoy Mirage Splinter, I did. But I feel like IDW has given him fresh life that Mirage...well, literally...killed off.

Bobby, you're getting annotations from Peter Laird concerning the Ultimate? AWESOME!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #28
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hm, just realized this is probably going to be all ancient Japan stuff with Saki and Yoshi again...for the third time. Should be cool.

They're getting a lot of mileage out of that backstory though.
I love the intercutting between past and present, ESPECIALLY when the backstory takes place in feudal Japan! Shredder is going to get some well-deserved back story which has sadly, after 25 years, remain sorely unexplored. I'm somehow more psyched for this than an Eastman drawn turtles issue! IDW has accomplished quite the feat with that one!

If it helps, remember that this is going to be touch upon Shredder's survival up to the present, so it won't ALL take place in old timey Japan. You're also gonna get to see Saki's embarrassing mutton chops from the 70's! I too would be pretty grumpy if I had a dark past like that haunting me...
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #29
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'm glad to know that Shredder was too cool for just a little Micro-Series one-shot. Oh no, ol' Tin Grin warranted his own mini-series!
Very well said. I am psyched for this too. And I agree... this series is slow without the micros and minis. This series... althout only a year in... seems to be getting really fleshed out with all these mini issues. It's impressive and im loving this series so far.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #30
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
The idea that this is four issues is great. I can't wait. Giving us something that really sets up the Foot and Shredder is going to be great. I mean this will hopefully let us know what the Foot has been up to all these years.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #31
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Yeah IDW is really giving us great stuff! I'm loving it!
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #32
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere in MN
Posts: 153
Glad to hear excitement, everyone!

Mateus' story is awesome. I'm happy to be able to be a part of it!
__________________
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #33
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Finally, the untold story of The Foot Thanks for engaging with us, Erik. I'm really looking forward to the book. IDW is doing a really good job with TMNT.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #34
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Awesome, I'm definitely looking forward to this. Props to IDW for all of the 'bonus' content aside from the main book.
Yes indeed! Can't wait
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #35
Scud
Hench Mutant
 
Scud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 485
Awesome news. Lots of great stuff coming for the rest of the year.
So stoked!

~S~
__________________

New to the Technodrome? Why not introduce yourself here.
To read the forum rules click one. For guidelines on Buying/Selling/Trading click two.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #36
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
This was a really great surprise to me. I cannot wait to read this series!
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #37
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Hopefully, this will be printed in a trade paperback as well, though that's pretty likely anyway. I've found it more enjoyable to read, and much more cost effective to just wait for the tpb to be printed, and read the story as a whole.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #38
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
Hopefully, this will be printed in a trade paperback as well, though that's pretty likely anyway. I've found it more enjoyable to read, and much more cost effective to just wait for the tpb to be printed, and read the story as a whole.
I would be surprised if it was not released as a trade. It is a 4 issue mini series, the same length as all their TMNT trades.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #39
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
Hopefully, this will be printed in a trade paperback as well, though that's pretty likely anyway.
Your clue was the four-issue length. So far on IDW's series, I've just been collecting the trades, so I expect them to release it in that format.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #40
Heather Breckel
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Heather Breckel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 308
Really looking forward to this one, I love Santolouco's work. For those of you that don't watch him on DA, he did a model sheet of the turtles and April today

http://santolouco.deviantart.com/art...heet-321121895
Heather Breckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comics, idw, mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.