The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2003, 11:29 AM   #21
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Cool!!! I like the way the shell looks on the knight turtle!!!

Also, I think the sketchiness of the futuristic firefighter turtle is good!! It brings more character to it!
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 01:26 PM   #22
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Wow...

The Firefighter was pretty good, until I saw the 'knight in shining armor'. I have thing for knights.. I dunno why!

But I like how you designed the shell-armor, as well as the overall suit. I also think the medium that you use just adds to it. Is that an ink wash?



BTW... welcome!
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 03:55 PM   #23
LoMeinHu
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseTechie
Wow...

The Firefighter was pretty good, until I saw the 'knight in shining armor'. I have thing for knights.. I dunno why!

But I like how you designed the shell-armor, as well as the overall suit. I also think the medium that you use just adds to it. Is that an ink wash?



BTW... welcome!
Glad you liked the knight. As for the medium, it's pretty plain. I just used a pen and a sharpie to outline the pencil lines, and then used about 3 different shades of Prismacolor markers. That's it. Like i said, it was pretty sketchy, so that's probably why it looks "washed."
LoMeinHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 06:35 PM   #24
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
well heres mine....its not that good cuz i made it at 5:00 when i was practically passing out on my chair

its too big to scale here so heres the link

http://www.angelfire.com/blog/stryker0/TRNB.jpg
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 06:44 PM   #25
LoMeinHu
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 49
Haha! That's AWESOME! I used to love Futurama...never had the time to keep up with it though...
LoMeinHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:04 PM   #26
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Angel Land
Posts: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMeinHu
I just used a pen and a sharpie to outline the pencil lines, and then used about 3 different shades of Prismacolor markers. That's it. Like i said, it was pretty sketchy, so that's probably why it looks "washed."
w00t for Prismacolors .

I would enter, but I don't have a way of getting any drawings up on the net other than a REALLY bad looking webcam.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:19 PM   #27
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
LoMeinHu you are very good how many years have you been drawing
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:24 PM   #28
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
All of the art is great! Keep it up!
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 11:24 PM   #29
LoMeinHu
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by major pain
LoMeinHu you are very good how many years have you been drawing
Thanks for the compliments (and everyone else's)! Hmm...that's a tough question...I've always liked drawing since I was little. But I don't think I got into comic book art until around 10 years ago, just about the time the original He-Man, TMNT, etc. kind of kicked off. I'm a huge fan of Spidey, so I started copying pages out of Amazing Spidey, then drawn by artist Mark Bagley, who does Ultimate Spidey now. I've been doodling whenever I can since, especially during class. So the short answer is 10 years, but I can't really pinpoint how long I've actually been drawing. Hope that answers your question.

Keep the drawings coming!
LoMeinHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 07:10 AM   #30
Friction X
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 214
That's awesome LoMein. I wish I had ten years experience, but that means I would've had to start when I was eight, and I'm sad to say I didn't even know what a comic book was then. I bought some Prismacolor to try my hand with a while back, but I definately don't have the hang of it yet. I am working on my entry, though.
Friction X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 12:33 PM   #31
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Wow, those are some great pics, LoMein.

Now I'm all self-conscious about showing my pic...
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:04 PM   #32
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I wanna see it Kali... I love your stuff.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:36 PM   #33
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
actually post it!! after lomein it was mine! so you can draw a pencil and it would be great compared to the last entry.....
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:56 PM   #34
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Okay, okay, but only because I really like you guys...

www.geocities.com/kaligargoyle/june-artjitsu.jpg

Yeah, I like knights too, but I happen to think chainmail is so much sexier than plate armor. I've got another idea, but I have a few other things to finish first.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 02:23 PM   #35
SlayerX
Stone Warrior
 
SlayerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 828
Thats good Kali! What did you use to color them? Whatever you used it makes it look awesome! Lets see more artwork (From everyone )
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #36
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Raph is a hero in shining armour eh? Thats a good picture Kali!! I agree with Triceraton, your coloring style is awesome! And has improved a lot the past year.
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 02:35 PM   #37
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceraton
Thats good Kali! What did you use to color them? Whatever you used it makes it look awesome!
Heh, thanks. I used Prismacolor colored pencils, ('bout three or so layers,) plus some ink in a couple places, and regular pencil to do the chainmail. Yeah, hell if I'm going back to Crayola after using this brand.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 10:06 PM   #38
LoMeinHu
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Okay, okay, but only because I really like you guys...

www.geocities.com/kaligargoyle/june-artjitsu.jpg

Yeah, I like knights too, but I happen to think chainmail is so much sexier than plate armor. I've got another idea, but I have a few other things to finish first.
The link doesn't work for me, but I DID check out your site. Good stuff! TONS of stuff! I wish I can do more drawings in my spare time. I haven't worked with Prismacolor color pencils in a while, but yes, they are THE best color pencils out there.
LoMeinHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 03:31 AM   #39
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
Lol Kali, Raph looks like this one wrestler I remember from back in the day who used to be in the original nWo.
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 08:24 AM   #40
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMeinHu
The link doesn't work for me, but I DID check out your site. Good stuff! TONS of stuff! I wish I can do more drawings in my spare time. I haven't worked with Prismacolor color pencils in a while, but yes, they are THE best color pencils out there.
Its a geocities link, so you have to copy and paste the URL into your browser
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.