The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #21
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
sam not sure why your are being hostile..im not saying anything bad about shredder


just that from a visual stand point at this moment i cant see this shredder being a sleek ninja..his body doesnt call for it to me


i could and may be very wrong only time will tell
not being hostile just posting Hard proven evidence, that al but prove at least one point in the movie we can except "shredder" doing hardcore martial arts. Thats it.

As far as what we have seen its all missing context, again Context could be the game changer here, and they are slowly showing context.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #22
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
sam not sure why your are being hostile..im not saying anything bad about shredder


just that from a visual stand point at this moment i cant see this shredder being a sleek ninja..his body doesnt call for it to me


i could and may be very wrong only time will tell
You're correct. It's more evil warlord Shredder then what we've seen before. I don't mind it. He'll fight.



In that gif he doesn't really look that big. The picture sam posted of his hand actually looks really good because it's simple but then I see this and it just looks extremely bulky..



Anyways, someone claimed there is a line that April says... "Show me what you got Shredder".
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #23
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
You're correct. It's more evil warlord Shredder then what we've seen before. I don't mind it. He'll fight.

http://i.imgur.com/uu1T24F.gif

In that gif he doesn't really look that big. The picture sam posted of his hand actually looks really good because it's simple but then I see this and it just looks extremely bulky..

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/18/618x344/mo...s-shredder.jpg

Anyways, someone claimed there is a line that April says... "Show me what you got Shredder".
It was an interview and she was joking around
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #24
trikuza
Foot Soldier
 
trikuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 175
the shredder suit from trailer 4 has a slightly different design than the one we have been seeing this whole time.



trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #25
Sighphi
Foot Soldier
 
Sighphi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 231
of course he can perform stuff, he is wearing power armor...
That means he can do it even better!

Plus he is going to need it when he is fighting the Olog-hai.
Specially the one that can flip a truck with his stick. Im sure we are going to see all those moves performed in the ending fight against shred and all failing.
Sighphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #26
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Of course he can. I've said so before even as recently as a few days ago. That's not really an issue with me.

The question is will the movie have an in-built explanation for how Shredder-Sachs can fight in such bulky suits or at least draw the audience in enough to get us to suspend our disbelief so it wont look stupid.

Quote:
the shredder suit from trailer 4 has a slightly different design than the one we have been seeing this whole time.
Unlikely but is it possible we'll be getting a version of the Shredder Elite here? The twisted, mutated Foot goons that they garbed in Shredder's armor. What is often thought by fans as clones of the Shredder?

Hmmm....better forget I said that. The likelihood of Leibesman and co reading Return To New York is pretty darn slim that it's barely worth considering unfortunately.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-18-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #27
trikuza
Foot Soldier
 
trikuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Of course he can. I've said so before even as recently as a few days ago.


Unlikely but is it possible we'll be getting a version of the Shredder Elite here? The twisted, mutated Foot goons that they garbed in Shredder's armor. What is often thought by fans as clones of the Shredder?

Hmmm....better forget I said that. The likelihood of Leibesman and co reading Return To New York is pretty darn slim that it's barely worth considering unfortunately.
It's possible that shredder upgrades his armor at some point in the movie. Or maybe the cgi guys just made some last minute adjustments
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #28
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Can/Will He? Of course he will, it's a movie.

Would he realistically be able to? Not hardly. Walking in a straight line would be a chore while decked out in all that. But again, it's just a movie, so it doesn't really matter, I guess.

The concern shouldn't be, "Will Shredder fight", it should be, "Will it look horrible, cheesy, and fake?" We shall see. On the whole, not a fan of ShredderTron, Iron Shredder, or whatever other names the kids are coming up with for ol' Edward Shredder-Hands up there. It looks like a guy got dumped in glue and rolled around a junkyard for a while. Guy's got sh*t sticking out literally everywhere, it's atrocious. Tell me he's got a bladed c*ck ring, and I'll 100% believe you. Because why NOT just stick something sharp literally every single place you can, to really hammer home that this guy is, in fact, called "Shredder"?

But anyway, yeah, he'll fight, I just think it might look... odd. Like all CGI characters, he'll probably move *waytoof*ckingfast* so your eyes can't fully focus on the fact he doesn't really exist in a 3D space. Or, as someone else said, they may just have him "Hulk Smash" everything, which would also be kinda stupid looking. I'unno, we'll see.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:01 AM   #29
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Can/Will He? Of course he will, it's a movie.

Would he realistically be able to? Not hardly. Walking in a straight line would be a chore while decked out in all that. But again, it's just a movie, so it doesn't really matter, I guess.

The concern shouldn't be, "Will Shredder fight", it should be, "Will it look horrible, cheesy, and fake?" We shall see. On the whole, not a fan of ShredderTron, Iron Shredder, or whatever other names the kids are coming up with for ol' Edward Shredder-Hands up there. It looks like a guy got dumped in glue and rolled around a junkyard for a while. Guy's got sh*t sticking out literally everywhere, it's atrocious. Tell me he's got a bladed c*ck ring, and I'll 100% believe you. Because why NOT just stick something sharp literally every single place you can, to really hammer home that this guy is, in fact, called "Shredder"?

But anyway, yeah, he'll fight, I just think it might look... odd. Like all CGI characters, he'll probably move *waytoof*ckingfast* so your eyes can't fully focus on the fact he doesn't really exist in a 3D space. Or, as someone else said, they may just have him "Hulk Smash" everything, which would also be kinda stupid looking. I'unno, we'll see.
I have to admit when I saw 2014 Shredder's armor in the trailer, I thought it was a preview for the new Transformers movie.

I don't know... all the armor is so visually distracting (like some of the Turtles features, but that's a whole other issue we've all discussed) in trying to notice every feature on it. If the movie really wanted to make Shredder "badass", just show some gruesome bloody scenes of him quickly and deceitfully killing the innocent, or his betrayers, mercilessly rather than using this flamboyant superficial approach to emphasize his "badass" character. But whatever...
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:39 AM   #30
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It looks like a guy got dumped in glue and rolled around a junkyard for a while. Guy's got sh*t sticking out literally everywhere, it's atrocious. Tell me he's got a bladed c*ck ring, and I'll 100% believe you.
Don't worry - he doesn't bring that out until the second date.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:51 AM   #31
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
That's terrific.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #32
jestermon
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 486
I'm not seeing the problem with a guy in a huge armored suit doing Ninja moves?

Why would you think that the suit would have to be slow and bulky, and obviously if the guy in the suit didn't know how to do the martial arts the suit wouldn't be able to do it unless it's pre programmed or something.

I guess people have never seen Gundam or any other large robots fighting that don't understand.

And of course it's going to look fake it's a big metal suit fighting 4 mutant animals it's not something you tend to see everyday, I don't know why anyone would think a movie like this wouldn't have lots of fight scenes.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #33
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestermon View Post
I'm not seeing the problem with a guy in a huge armored suit doing Ninja moves?

Why would you think that the suit would have to be slow and bulky, and obviously if the guy in the suit didn't know how to do the martial arts the suit wouldn't be able to do it unless it's pre programmed or something.

I guess people have never seen Gundam or any other large robots fighting that don't understand.

And of course it's going to look fake it's a big metal suit fighting 4 mutant animals it's not something you tend to see everyday, I don't know why anyone would think a movie like this wouldn't have lots of fight scenes.
We just need to see a shot or two of him in action. I REALLY am hoping he isn't a Halo brute smashing his steel fists around like Super Shredder. I'd like to see some moves and if they happen to incorporate all of those blades, fine.

They just went overboard with the retractable blades. That's a sellout to me. Shredder isn't Freddy Krueger.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestermon View Post
I'm not seeing the problem with a guy in a huge armored suit doing Ninja moves?

Why would you think that the suit would have to be slow and bulky, and obviously if the guy in the suit didn't know how to do the martial arts the suit wouldn't be able to do it unless it's pre programmed or something.

I guess people have never seen Gundam or any other large robots fighting that don't understand.

And of course it's going to look fake it's a big metal suit fighting 4 mutant animals it's not something you tend to see everyday, I don't know why anyone would think a movie like this wouldn't have lots of fight scenes.
Let's see you try to do a kick or just plain walk a few steps wearing all that hardware. That junk would seriously weigh you down.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #35
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Not to mention that on the odd, one-in-a-million chance that, say, he happened to... I don't know... fall down trying to walk, or something... upon impact with the ground, the guy's a deck of f*cking playing cards.

Shredder: "Blast you, Turtles! I've been sliced to ribbons by my own overly-complicated, needlessly pointy battle armor! I'm bleeding to death from 847 separate lacerations, 63 of which cut completely through to the bone! BLAST YOU!"

Raphael: "Come on, guy. Nobody told you to wear that silly sh*t."
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #36
Artist
Thug
 
Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NM Burque
Posts: 93
Can someone please tell me when we have ever gotten a flippy, high flying, show off shredder? Hasn't he always been a really traditional fighter? Grounded with blocks, counters, and forward attacking? So why am I seeing people writing about if he is flipping around it might look unrealistic? And They think his suit will just be smash and pound. Could you not block a kick and counter in this suit? Could the suit not do forward attack or perform a high kick? If it is a mech suit, don't all mech suits make the person in it stronger, faster, and more agile? Any answers to the questions that I have raised?
Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #37
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Counter-Question: Was Shredder ever any less effective at fighting in any other version when he was NOT physically living inside of Megatron? Because I think this guy here is (over) compensating for something, with his rakes-for-hands and whatnot.

Less snarky, semi-serious reply: Anyone who's even worn a regular suit of armor can tell you that they're a bitch to move around in, are heavy as hell, and aren't exactly receptive to graceful movements, such as, I don't know, martial arts and stuff. This guy is wearing a suit of armor PLUS the entire surplus supply of Dave's Army/Navy Store strapped to it. Not only must it weigh about 700lbs, but again, if he so much as absent-mindedly goes to scratch an itch, he's gonna accidentally gut himself. I don't care how "It's just a movie and it's bad-ass-looking", it's the most impractical and over-cluttered costume design I think I've ever seen, and I hate it.

You know what it looks like? One of those MAD Magazine parodies from back in the day, when they'd make fun of TMNT and stuff, that Shredder design from the movie looks like something they'd draw to make fun of the character, not be like, "Oh, yeah, THIS is how he SHOULD look!"

I'unno, just a hot mess. I care less how "plausible" it is, but I do care how needlessly ugly it is. Which is very.

Last edited by Leo656; 06-22-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:20 AM   #38
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You know what it looks like? One of those MAD Magazine parodies from back in the day, when they'd make fun of TMNT and stuff, that Shredder design from the movie looks like something they'd draw to make fun of the character, not be like, "Oh, yeah, THIS is how he SHOULD look!"
Are we sure that Rob Liefeld didn't have any involvement with the designs for this movie? j/k
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:56 AM   #39
GeneralTragg
Foot Soldier
 
GeneralTragg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 129
__________________
Let's log into the Platinum Dunes Forum and see what the latest atrocity is...
GeneralTragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:01 AM   #40
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Are we sure that Rob Liefeld didn't have any involvement with the designs for this movie? j/k
'T'would explain much. Although, I"m fairly certain the characters in the movie do indeed have feet.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, shreddertron


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.