The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #21
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
This Wednesday night, got tickets with the wifey - gonna get some pizza before hand bc, its the Turtles, how can you not?
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #22
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
This Wednesday night, got tickets with the wifey - gonna get some pizza before hand bc, its the Turtles, how can you not?
I don't know why, but when I'm planning on making it TMNT marathon, I always get Chinese.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #23
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
I'll be booking the the week off work. I'll probably be watching all 3 cartoon series.

The night before i'll go see TMNT. I think I will be watching all 4 films and maybe have pizza or chinese. The next day, i'll be going to the 1st showing in 3D.

Then when thats finished, i'll see the next showing after that, this time i'll have a pen and notebook with me and i'll be writing my thoughts down. Then go home and discuss on here.

If I enjoy the movie i'll probably see it again. I have an Cineworld unlimited card so I can see as many movies I want for £10 a month.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #24
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I don't know why, but when I'm planning on making it TMNT marathon, I always get Chinese.
i LOVE chinese. not a bad choice, but something about seeing pizza (i dont even have to smell it) makes me want it...damn those marketing guys for making dough, and cheese look so damn appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
If I enjoy the movie i'll probably see it again. I have an Cineworld unlimited card so I can see as many movies I want for £10 a month.
WHAT?! thats freaking awesome. makes me wonder if they do something like that in the states. ::goes off to check::
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #25
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
i LOVE chinese. not a bad choice, but something about seeing pizza (i dont even have to smell it) makes me want it...damn those marketing guys for making dough, and cheese look so damn appealing.



WHAT?! thats freaking awesome. makes me wonder if they do something like that in the states. ::goes off to check::
Probably not. Only thing I've seen is these membership cards, where for every 100 movie tickets you buy, you get a free one, and you also get free concession stand stuff when ever you swipe it.

Last edited by Warhorse; 08-04-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #26
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
When hell freezes over.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #27
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier
 
RedRocBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint Louis,M.O.
Posts: 221
I'm using one of my off days to see it friday night then I'm seeing it again @ the matinee Saturday. And maybe Sunday.
RedRocBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #28
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Unless I hear something that convinces me it's worth it I'll probably wait until a home media release.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #29
Shadowsculptor
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 49
I'm going Friday night as late as possible to avoid some kids, but before then I'm going to watch TMNT 90, and TMNT 07 blus on my awesome plasma, while ordering some Pizza Hut, and hit up a local Indy pizza joint on Friday before or after the new film probably.

This week I'll be playing Out of The Shadows, and I'm already knee deep in season 3 of the 87 series. Later In the week I'll catch up with the last 3 eps of TMNT12 on hulu, since I don't have nickelodeon.

Shadowsculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #30
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Unless I hear something that convinces me it's worth it I'll probably wait until a home media release.
not an attack, more like an actual inquiry - but given everything we've seen and heard, which is a buttload of stuff in the past several weeks (tv spots, early impressions etc.)...if you aren't sold by this point, what could you possibly hear that would change your mind?
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #31
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
what could you possibly hear that would change your mind?
to be fair i am in the same boat, if i wasnt getting in for free id want to hear something that inst biased that told me it was at least worth checking out on the big screen

that's my thing with movies, and its the reason i skip a ton of films on screen..i want more than "It looks awesome"..i want to know im getting my 20-24 dollars worth (before snacks and if you account me having to see it countless times this week it adds up)

when Karate Kid came out i wanted to see it..but while everyone told me it was a good film not one person said you have to experience it on the big screen

Avatar was the same, i want more than..It looks awesome...so i skipped it

on the opposite end Transformers Revenge of the Fallen was the only movie i paid for in IMAX..mostly because of the forest scene and it was worth it
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 08-04-2014 at 01:07 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #32
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,165
gonna go next Tuesday when tickets are only 6 bucks I am stoked for it.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #33
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
There's a chance my mother and I may try to brave it on the 8th, otherwise I'm aiming more for an off time around the 13th or 14th after hopefully the opening day/weekend crowd has come and gone.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #34
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
There's a chance my mother and I may try to brave it on the 8th, otherwise I'm aiming more for an off time around the 13th or 14th after hopefully the opening day/weekend crowed has come and gone.
It's another reason why I am probably going to go the second weekend. I normally would go Sunday mornings, when it has the least amount of kids, but my cousin can get a babysitter for only Friday nights.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #35
beeshaw
Hench Mutant
 
beeshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toronto-ish
Posts: 341
I'll be there Saturday with my Dude and possible Sunday if he asks to see it again. I have a feeling he will.
__________________
beeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #36
massakre
Foot Soldier
 
massakre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 182
Thursday 7pm
massakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #37
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
to be fair i am in the same boat, if i wasnt getting in for free id want to hear something that inst biased that told me it was at least worth checking out on the big screen
two things bro:

1) not antagonistically, but seriously asking, what exactly, would make you say, "whoa, im going to see it now"?

2) if you havent seen 'whatever that is' already...do you really expect it to see at all?

its pretty late in the game for major surprises - the story's been revealed, the tone, the characters aesthestics...there isnt much left.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #38
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
not an attack, more like an actual inquiry - but given everything we've seen and heard, which is a buttload of stuff in the past several weeks (tv spots, early impressions etc.)...if you aren't sold by this point, what could you possibly hear that would change your mind?
Honestly? Probably nothing but even with as much as criticized a lot of this movies choices I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some hope there's something.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #39
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Honestly? Probably nothing but even with as much as criticized a lot of this movies choices I'd be lying if I said I still have some hope there's something.
fair enough. on the other end of the spectrum, i dont thing anything could squash my enthusiasm.

*unless they were aliens* i could deal with:
Spoiler:
yoshi not being splinter - its SUCKS, but im dealing with it by breathing into a paper bag, but if they were ALIENS, i would lose my...well, you know.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #40
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
First Im seeing it At 7 in 3d For the "12 O'Clock" showing with a large group of friends, Hopefully my 3d Glasses will have gotten her by then. And then im going to see TMNT again the next morning then GOTG, then TMNT again
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.