The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #21
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That was COMPLETELY ADORABLE. And thank goodness it wasn't Ninjara... I always liked the idea of Raph with a reptile girlfriend.
Very true, Here's another one with Raph, Mona Lisa and there daughter.

Spoiler:


Here's one with Leonardo and a female turtle, And there offspring.

Spoiler:
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #22
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
TC, it's not a pairing I ship but the art is lovely. What's the name of the artist? I'd love to give them some feedback/check out the rest of their portfolio.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #23
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
TC, it's not a pairing I ship but the art is lovely. What's the name of the artist? I'd love to give them some feedback/check out the rest of their portfolio.
The images from the two artists I posted are.
http://prefight-donut.deviantart.com/
http://pimpypants.deviantart.com/
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:10 PM   #24
Eurydemus
Thug
 
Eurydemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 59
It doesn't bother me at all. Everybody can choose to enjoy the fandom however they'd like just like how I can choose what I wish or do not wish to see/read.

But I do find it peculiar there's a fair amount of fan art out there involving the turtles dying or dead in some way.
Eurydemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #25
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Eh. The only ones that bother me are the

"OMG FANDOMZ LOL XD DONNIE BEST TURTLE LOLXD RANDUMB DEADPOOL ROOLZ LOL OCDONUTSTEEL" ones.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:32 PM   #26
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
Some fan created stuff makes me a little uncomfortable, and a lot of it is not to my taste, but that's my problem. I can't get annoyed at someone because they see a fictional universe differently to me. There are enough problems in the world to worry about without adding fiction to the list.

I will say though that in the rare cases where fans graduate to control the cannon of the property they were fans of; that can be annoying. At that point you can't write off things that you don't like as easily. I'm a little concerned about future Star Wars movies for that reason.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Don't care either way. I mean, geez, unlike you guys I don't go cruising the internet for TMNT fanfics or adult fan art. It won't bother you if you stop looking for it.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #28
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Oh, to be fair I understand that people see it without looking for it - I mean, try doing a search for the words "Ninja Turtle Slash" and you'll get some... unexpected results.

By the same token, the wailing and gnashing of teeth and rending of both hair and garments that some people engage in when it happens is ridiculous and over-the-top.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:46 PM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Yeeeah, I don't look for what I don't wish to see, but it does have a way of finding you.


For me it usually it goes like this:

"That... isn't what I think it might be, right...?"



(And of course you have to look because you need to know that it's not. Or is. lol)

"Oh god it is."

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #30
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Oh no, it's so horrible that there are more fans of a show you like.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #31
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
not really

Personally, bestiality isn't my thing, but most of the people writing those things like you said are teenage and younger and don't even think of it that way. The only thing that truly bothers me is people making legit sexual stuff out of it. Irks me beyond belief. But writing fan fics and all that, don't bother me none.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Don't care either way. I mean, geez, unlike you guys I don't go cruising the internet for TMNT fanfics or adult fan art. It won't bother you if you stop looking for it.
Unfortunately this stuff comes up when you're searching for other things in a search engine. I literally have no desire to see Don and Leo hugging sexually in bed.

Its pretty sad this stuff exists. Almost all the art comes from fangirls too, I wish they would stay away from TMNT and go focus on pretty-boy anime with an all male cast or something.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:24 PM   #33
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Actually, it's not just teenagers. Although people who create adult fanwork within the TMNT community are a smaller part of the overall fan population, there are still hundreds more than you'd think. They're all ages, all genders, all sexualities, all ethnicities, all backgrounds and religions. The one unifying common factor is that they're TMNT fans.

So when someone starts baaaaw-ing about teenage fangirls ruining the fandom with "filth" and "abomination"... I just roll my eyes, because I've got absolutely zero patience for that kind of ish.

I mean, let's get real here. There's genuinely awful sh*t going on in the world every day - war, rape, famine, murder, disease, child abuse, domestic violence, animal cruelty and neglect, natural disasters, hundreds of children dying of hunger every day, to name but a few. And some people are getting their balls in an uproar because other fans are making up sexy stories... about fictional characters... from a species that does not exist in reality? I'm sorry, but grow the hell up up and re-evaluate your priorities. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen for a night and see what real problems are.

Life is full of things that we don't like - you see them every day. I, for example, do not like pulpy orange juice and can't see why anyone would. But if I go to the grocery store and see it on the shelf, I don't throw a shrieking sh*t-fit about how it's ruining the grocery store. Instead I pick up a carton of pulp-less orange juice and go about my day. Because I'm a bloody grown-up and I realize that the rest of the world doesn't tailor itself to what I like and don't like.

I'm pretty sure I've said this in the past and I'm going to say again - nobody has the right to tell someone else how to enjoy a fandom. Nobody has the right to police the fandom. You enjoy TMNT your way, and let others do the same. If people aren't hurting anyone else, let them do what the hell they want. Life is enough of a crap-fest as it is - let people have a few crumbs of enjoyment where they can.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Well as said this stuff is meant to be avoided by people who don't want to see it, yet some times it accidentally pops up.

Its the same thing for any type of porn on the internet. You're going to accidentally wind up seeing some stuff you did not want to see and then the image gets burned into your mind for a while. How many times have I clicked on the wrong link and saw ________? Way too much.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:18 AM   #35
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Well sadly yes, that's life. Sometimes you do end up with pulpy orange juice by mistake. Which in and of itself is an abomination, but no one has died from that or accidentally seeing things. Just get out the mind bleach. I'll even let you borrow some.

I mean there's other things I'm sick of seeing too (such as...celebrity women who believe the world wants to constantly see as much of their boobs and other exposed flesh as possible at all times than what is actually true), but I'm not I'm not throwing a fit or permanently damaged by it. (Ok I think I probably am damaged, but nothing I can do about it.)

And blaming young "fangirls" is way too easy, the world and fandom is hardly that simple... I'm sure there are plenty of guys who are just as "guilty" of depictions that might disinterest some other fans.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-04-2015 at 12:24 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:30 AM   #36
Ravenshell
Hench Mutant
 
Ravenshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 271
I gotta agree with Penny and Indigo. I mean, (more food analogy) I don't like bell peppers, but sometimes they're in something I otherwise like. I can pick them out, but the flavor is still there, because bell peppers ruin everything. So I a) avoid them as much as I can, and b) fricking deal with it. They repeat on me like hell, but they do go away eventually. Other people can like them just fine; you just won't find me at the Fajita Cookoffs. AND IT'S FINE.

The world is never going to perfectly tailor itself to your personal liking. You don't have to like things, but other people do. AND IT'S FINE.

There are people who sacrifice time and effort to express themselves creatively and put their craft out there for the world to see, and there are plenty of folks out there who do nothing but sh!t on them, their work, their whole fandom for it, just because it's not to their liking, and because they have nothing better to do with their time. Because somehow, this makes them feel like they are better, or at least that this brings the creator down to their own level. The work may not be great; the artist may not be experienced or particularly good, and you may not like it, but this person put something in the world rather than taking something out of it. You can like it, you can not like it; you can express opinions about it in ways that might influence the creator's way of doing things, you can produce something counter to it, or you can ignore it and move on.
At least then one or the other of you has been productive. Otherwise, you're just a monkey flinging poo.

Think about what you've added to the world before picking on someone else's creative pursuits.
Ravenshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #37
Creativemind
Foot Soldier
 
Creativemind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only TMNT fans that disturb me are those "Turtle-cest" shippers who draw erotic fanart of Leonardo and Raphael "doing each other" on deviantart.

Thankfully you can avoid those people like the plague like the black holes in society they actually are. They're even worse than furries.
Yeah, this times a million. Though I will say I saw a few pinup drawings of April that I didn't mind but unfortunatley that led to me finding a very detailed picture of April and Erma being double teamed by Rocksteady and Bebop.
__________________
http://aws85.deviantart.com
Creativemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:41 AM   #38
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
If only there were a better way to avoid fandom alarmists.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #39
Bam
Thug
 
Bam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Indiana
Posts: 61
Fangirls gonna fangirl. They're having fun and enjoying the fandom and there's not much you can do about it. Don't let them ruin the fandom for you, but don't attempt to ruin the fandom for them. Chances are, they'll look back on it one day and cringe. Or embrace it. Like myself.
Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #40
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Very true, Here's another one with Raph, Mona Lisa and there daughter.



Here's one with Leonardo and a female turtle, And there offspring.

A dying egg? Turtle miscarriage story?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cybercubedthinksdeep, fanart, fangirls/boys, ohthatcybercubed!, turtle-cest


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.