The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 10:55 PM   #21
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
.......you thought he was a cracked-out scarecrow...?
What, and you don't?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #22
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
HAH! Nice.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #23
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
He fits the profile.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #24
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
Wow, this thread went way off the rails. Feels like the movie forums is a freaking war zone anymore.

And yes, I do think they have a plan, and know what they're doing. Do I think it's a good plan? No, the story will probably be as stupid and terrible as the first movie was. But I do think they are going to give the turtles some screen time, and they aren't cramming too many actors into the film. That doesn't mean it won't be a bad movie, though.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #25
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
There's a whining/venting/criticism thread for the Nick Show, there should be one for the PD movies too. Only way to truly separate the fans & haters and keep topics on topic.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #26
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
There's a whining/venting/criticism thread for the Nick Show, there should be one for the PD movies too. Only way to truly separate the fans & haters and keep topics on topic.
agreed I don't mind the people who don't like it but can back it up with good reasoning.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #27
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
agreed I don't mind the people who don't like it but can back it up with good reasoning.
But there are valid reasons not to like the movie as well as valid reasons to be wary of the sequel and they have been and continued to be discussed on here.

I actually think it's the other way around. In all this time I've yet to hear much in the way of valid reasons to like last years movie. It's all about "it's a new interpretation do you want them to do the same thing everytime?" or "it's for a new generation" or "what do you expect in a movie about TMNT?" - those aren't valid reasons, they come off more as excuses.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #28
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
agreed I don't mind the people who don't like it but can back it up with good reasoning.
A good enough reason.



There are also 101 minutes of additional reasons, available on DVD.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:39 PM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
As reasonable as a whining thread may be, in this case I have doubts there is really any way to contain it there when we're dealing with a film-Godzilla within the franchise. Although, unlike the show which is more equal opportunity in making anyone dislike something at any time, I feel it might also stigmatize negative comments/opinions as "wrong" and invalid. I'd personally rather refrain from making it cult-like where only positive opinions are freely allowed out in the open.
Spoiler:
Because to be honest, if we're going to have a specific thread for tears, then there needs to be another specifically for those who have the need to go in there and get off on their passionate love for everything involved in the movie(s)... before both camps then return to a more neutral position in the rest of the threads.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #30
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
We tried that though, a praise and a gripe thread. It didn't work.

Although, now that the PD movies have their own sub-section, it's probably a bit more manageable to have threads like that.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #31
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
But there are valid reasons not to like the movie as well as valid reasons to be wary of the sequel and they have been and continued to be discussed on here.

I actually think it's the other way around. In all this time I've yet to hear much in the way of valid reasons to like last years movie. It's all about "it's a new interpretation do you want them to do the same thing everytime?" or "it's for a new generation" or "what do you expect in a movie about TMNT?" - those aren't valid reasons, they come off more as excuses.
Really, really piss poor ones too.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #32
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
There's a whining/venting/criticism thread for the Nick Show, there should be one for the PD movies too. Only way to truly separate the fans & haters and keep topics on topic.
I think the reason separate pro/anti threads didn't work last time is because people kept going into opposite-view threads to argue about why the opposing viewpoints were wrong.

There is a fairly large group for fans of the 2014 movie though: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/group.php?groupid=66

Maybe it'd be worth bringing it back to life, since you have to be a member to post? Could help cut down a bit on the... actually no - cancel everything I just said, I'm not even going to complete that sentence. The fighting will continue regardless of any move that's implemented. It's the internet - people love arguing on the internet. There's always going to be bickering - you could start a thread about the color of grass and I guarantee there would end up being an argument. It's the nature of the beast.

I dunno, I don't think it's as bad as it has been in the past, but as the release date draws closer, it'll probably get worse again. *shrugs*
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #33
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
I'm all for debates, they can be fun as hell, there's just certain people here I don't respect & don't wanna hear from. Blocking doesn't work as these few post so regularly they're always being quoted so you gotta see their drivel regardless. But I wasn't aware of that group, looks great, thanks for bringing it up penny

("A place for discussion with out aggression or hate." adorable)
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #34
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I think the reason separate pro/anti threads didn't work last time is because people kept going into opposite-view threads to argue about why the opposing viewpoints were wrong.

There is a fairly large group for fans of the 2014 movie though: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/group.php?groupid=66

Maybe it'd be worth bringing it back to life, since you have to be a member to post? Could help cut down a bit on the... actually no - cancel everything I just said, I'm not even going to complete that sentence. The fighting will continue regardless of any move that's implemented. It's the internet - people love arguing on the internet. There's always going to be bickering - you could start a thread about the color of grass and I guarantee there would end up being an argument. It's the nature of the beast.

I dunno, I don't think it's as bad as it has been in the past, but as the release date draws closer, it'll probably get worse again. *shrugs*
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #35
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I dunno, I don't think it's as bad as it has been in the past, but as the release date draws closer, it'll probably get worse again. *shrugs*
Yeah, agree that it seems relatively tame for the most part right now in comparison to a year or so ago.

This time next year though, well... keeping some soothing butt rash cream handy might be helpful for many.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #36
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
So long as casuals & normies don't come in here screaming about what's being done right & wrong when they themselves misremember history & aren't deeply involved in the series', we'll get along this time far better than before. Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't already had folks coming here like "y did they make tyler peryy baxter stockboy! he was white with blonde heair! stupid politicaly correct movies......."
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #37
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
What can I say? All of this drama would have been avoided had they done the movie right. I don't have much faith in the sequel for the sole reason that it's a continuation of what we already saw instead of a reboot.

I honestly do not remember all of this when the Imagi movie was out and basically bombed. Yeah, there were strong opinions and arguments, but not to this degree. Not enough to cause all this drama, banning and a completely different section to separate it from the rest. And unlike the Imagi film where we can all look back and agree it wasn't all that great.... people are still violently defending this one. Go figure.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #38
Wolfie65
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 182
What we are looking at today is a very severe lack of the ability to develop characters and plot lines. This is particularly extreme in the case of TV shows, many of which shoot their entire wad in episode 1, and then very quickly fizzle into the repetitive nothings they are beyond the first (and only) original idea their creators had. Many movies do the same thing, stuffing 17 superheroes and 45 supervillains - complete with 60 years worth of comic book plot twists - into 95 minutes of non-stop speshul FX. No wonder the sequels suck.
If I'm the script writer, TMNT movie no.1 introduces the turtles and Splinter, fleshing out their characters nicely, who foil some Foot Clan plot, with plenty of genuine Ninja action.
If I have Megan Fox under contract, I'll introduce April, too.
The Shredder might appear as a half-hidden menacing figure towards the end, foreshadowing what might come in movie no. 2.
Wolfie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt ii


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.