The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2003, 07:13 PM   #21
Morp
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Somewhere between here and there
Posts: 153
I lost interest in about 4th - 5th grade and never thought I would come back to them again. I got rid of all my toys and almost got rid of all my VHS, but ended up being too lazy to do so. But then about a year ago (freshman year) I got really bored and thought to myself 'Why not? It'll waste some time and bring back memories' so I spent maybe an hour searching on the internet and found the official site and a few others. Then didn't do anymore.

Then several months later, would have been about December, I did the same thing and realized that on the official site when it said TMNT 2003 that meant that it was coming out again - that got my interest. But then I moved onto other things.

Then, in Febuary, I suppose, after 2 or 3 of the eps and come out I decided to search again and managed to find a really cool site that got my interest for good - especially because I had access to the eps from that site So now I've been a fan ever since.
__________________
Hahaha, I made a funny!
Morp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:29 PM   #22
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I never really fell out of it, I always read the few comics I had and would watch the movie every now and then, and I still play Turtles in Time to this day. After I first got the internet in 2000 I was bored one day and started doing searches on stuff that interested me, and I ended up at the official site and then Under Manhattan after that. Browsing the forums at UM was what made me realize that there were other people out there who were still big TMNT fans like I was, and I saw a few of them had taken to writing stories and fanfics of their own to deal with the "drought" of TMNT stuff. I had had a story in the back of my head for a while and decided to adapt it to a TMNT story, joined the UM forums to hype it up, and just hung around. Then I found out about the new TMNT coming out and that was pretty much what clinched it. I eventually landed here when UM shut down.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:33 PM   #23
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
ahem *takes out note pad long posts read:2, ignored: 6.000.000.+*
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #24
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser_Koopa
why did you abort the making btw?
The graphics I ripped from the arcade ROMs were mostly incompatible with DOOM 2's color palette, although if I can figure out how to change it (and I KNOW it's possible now), the project will be reborn!
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 08:06 PM   #25
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
How'd I get back into it, I wouldn't say I ever got out of it. I was on hiatus until something cool came out again. I tried TNM...saw it once and wondered who was smokin the dope. so that put me back in hiatus....

The new series got me back into it, it's great. So I watched the movies over & over and over...etc. Well except for 3, just a few times. 1s the best. It reminds me of my fun high school days with me and my fellow weird friends. we were all immature, we ran around campus playing drwho and talked TMNT, transformers, trek and other cool junk. (i still know my buds too...we're all still weird but real life's caught up)

And just like way back in '90...I STILL LOVE RAPHIE! hahahahahaaaaa
and about died when I saw Josh Pais was on TREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (he was a ferengi with Raph's voice, that's was scary)
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 08:24 PM   #26
SkaterMike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 188
I never really lost interest, but when I decided that art was what I wanted to do with my life, I remembered how much the TMNT had inspired me to draw when I was younger. I started drawing a few pictures of them (along with lots of other stuff), and rediscovered all my old toys. I started reading a few of my old comics and I watched the 1st movie for the first time in a while. This was about 3 years ago, and when I was searching the net last year for information on the old toys and tmnt art, i found out about the new show and toys. I also stumbled upon this site, and here I am now

BTW, Rez your fanfic sounds awsome, can't wait to read it. I'm starting to write my own too, It's incorporating the Mutanimals and a very different shredder. It's gonna take a while, but I'll post it (and some artwork) when I'm done.
__________________
SkaterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 08:53 PM   #27
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Realm of SJW
Posts: 4,642
I never left.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 10:38 PM   #28
TMNTGal
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,061
I've never left the Turtles. They're always my #1. I adore them.
__________________

TMNTGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 11:19 PM   #29
The Defibrillator
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dee Eff Dubble You
Posts: 1,631
I always loved the TMNT, but I got into the fandom a little over a year ago. I lurked on the NTML for 6 months or so, and then, somehow I found the 'drome through someone's fansite, and the rest is history.
__________________
My newest signature.
The Defibrillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:45 AM   #30
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
i got back into the turtles

I lost interest real quick it seems when I was nine, I had over sixty figures and some vehicles and sold them all off. I miss the technodrome and alot of those figures

I guess I got back into them when I found my original Raphael. It had been the first figure I'd gotten and he hadn't gotten sold because I'd left him at my grandparents house (lost him). There he was about 2 years later in the toy box for my younger cousins. Quickly snagged him, even though he was beltless and weaponless. I stashed him away with my other remaining Turtle I had kept for personal reasons. I played with Raphael and the other remaining figures off and on, didn't get back into the Turtles until about four or five years back when I started buying back all the old figures from the 80's. I'm not as big a Turtle addict as before, but I still think they're the best!
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 06:59 AM   #31
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: an abandoned wearhouse
Posts: 1,057
I've never stopped liking the turtles either. I didn't think they'd come back, but I kept wishing...and...obviously it finally worked.
__________________

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Meira-Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:38 AM   #32
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
I have to say I kinda lost interest whenever it was that they weren't on TV. After the old cartoon ended, then after TNM (which I always hurried home to watch ) I kinda got into other things, mostly Disney's Gargoyles.

In late 2000, I was searching for Gargoyles fan fiction when I came across FF.net, and their listing for TMNT. I was like, "I remember them..." and after a few stories I was hooked. (Remember, this was way back before the "story a day" writers took over the section.)

Searched for more stuff, found the official site, several fan sites, and everything. Signed up here... whenever that date under my name says. Signed up for a couple mailing lists and was officially part of the "fandom", something I'd never done with any other interest.

And now with the new show, I think I'm stuck here.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:45 PM   #33
Billy the Kid
Foot Soldier
 
Billy the Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Mexico USA
Posts: 191
I got back into the turtles again last year when I started to seriously build my action figure collections. In addition to my Star Wars and other collections I decided to collect the loose vintage TMNT Figures.

I didn't buy them back in the late 80's/early 90's because by the time the cartoon came out, I was no longer interested in collecting action figures. I still hit myself over the head on that one - I could have gotten TMNT , G.I. Joe and Star Wars Figures for a steal on clearance back then.

I enjoyed the cartoon and both movies, but it wasn't until the late 90's that I started to sporatically picking up action figures again. Then last year, I went all out and purchased several large lots of action figures on Ebay and have been seriously collecting ever since.
__________________
I'm not an outlaw - I'm just misunderstood!!!
Vive l' Empereur!!!
Billy the Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:35 AM   #34
Lisardo
Stone Warrior
 
Lisardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
I got back into turtles like mid-H.S. years. I was a sophmore, and it was 1996. I noticed the orig. toon was on USA one day during Spring Break in 1996 when I went to visit my grandma. After I got home, I started watching and recording the show on tv in the mornings. Then I started watching TNM when it came on in 1997. I also started getting some comics and more figures. I started searching the internet for TMNT while at my friend's house, and discovered the Offical TMNT site, along with many other fansites, and an entire TMNT Online community I never knew about! Then I eventually joined the NTML in 1999, while I was a Freshman in college, and before I owned my own computer. And then last year I joined this forum and Mikey's forum. And now, the present with the new FB TMNT! I kinda forgot about TMNT for a few years tho cuz I was heavily into Batman: TAS. Still love both alot tho!
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:29 AM   #35
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
I really don't think I ever lost interest in the TMNT, really. At least not like I had with the shows from the 80's, like the Transformers.

I did fade away between 1994-1996, cause the Mirage comics and the cartoons fizzled out, and collage really kept me busy. But after I graduated, I noticed this Image comic kicking around. Then I started talking to some fans in the Letters section, and found my way into the online TMNT community. Haven't lost touch ever since!
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:35 AM   #36
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ă–stersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Jones 101
The color reprint GNS or the Collected Ones that are in black and white? If the latter then where did you get them?
The seven that are in b&w. I was looking at a site for a comic shop I had bought some stuff from, and had all their avaliable comics and TPBs listed on their homepage. It only said "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TPB 1-7", and after some "detective work" on the net, I learned what was reprinted in them
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #37
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I lost interest back in my sophomore year in high school and I stayed away from it until the summer year of my junior year in college. I was having fun reading fanfiction on the internet.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:34 PM   #38
TMNTFanCrys
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 63
Let's see...

Although I can't remember exactly what year, or how old I was when I lost interests in the Turtles. It's not like I totally forgot about them, they were a big part of my childhood, so they were always in my heart. But my dad, when I got to a certain age, sat down, and decided for me what I was or wasn't too old for. He thought I was too old for the Turtles, so the things I didn't have already in storage, were either thrown away or sold.

After that, when I would go rent movies, I would pass by the kid section, and smile when I saw their faces on their old VHS. But I didn't get back into them til about maybe 4 months ago.

I was sitting in my "Entreprenuership" class, being bored as usual, when all of a sudden, this one guy starts humming the old theme song. I immediately recognized it, although it wouldn't fully process in my head. So, for that moment, they were in my mind. Then, two hours later, in my next class, a guy behind me was drawing pics from the old series "and it was an awesome picture." And from that moment on, I decided to look them up, for old time sake.

I went to a magazine store like two months after that, (after searching through our storage trying to find my old Turtles stuff I had in storage), and saw Leonardo on the cover of a game magazine. I loved how fresh and bolder they looked, so I picked it up, read the article and all and found out they had a new cartoon series. And the rest is history.

I have done a little "memory lane" type deal. I rented as many of the old series as I could, and watched them, immediately rememebering the cartoon and my feelings towards it. And I also purchased the 3 movies on DVD and got hooked, like old times.

Nowadays, since my old Turtles collection got trashed (yes, even the stuff I had in storage), I have been trying to recollect the old items, along with the new. I'm doing this for my kids. Because I'm the type of person that wants to give something to my kids, that I loved and enjoyed, and I feel they're going to love and enjoy the Turtles almost as much as I did. But also, the big reason why I've gotten into the Turtles again is for the art and plots and all that I missed when I was younger. I love to color, I hope to become a colorist and a writer, so something like the Turtles, could give me a fresh and promising career. At least, that's what I wish, I would love to work for Peter and Kevin!

So that's my story. Sry for my essay, and sry if you guys keep reading about my old collections and all. Funny thing also, my father almost told me off for getting into the Turtles again the other day. I guess he'll never change. LOL, later everyone!
TMNTFanCrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:43 PM   #39
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
well a fwe years ago I was on the computer and got bored. I went to my movies to type in web address. That is how I got back into it. Check out my website to!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 05:14 PM   #40
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
TMNT 2003. When I first saw a new turtles show on tv, I realized that it was something worth watching and worth getting back into turtle fandom for. In fact, I'd venture to say that a lot of the old school fans would have been drawn back to the TMNT idea even sooner, had New Mutation not failed so miserably. That show actually repulsed people from TMNT.
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.