The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #421
TheFallen
Thug
 
TheFallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 72
I figured my bumping the thread would create false hope but it has been so long since the news broke that I figured something would have leaked. Some people have already seen Raphael so I thought more would have eventuated
TheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #422
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I really hope that Nick sees the desire and intrigue for the Classics line. If this line sells well, what I am ultimately hoping for would be sets of movie Turtles, comic Turtles, etc...the Classics are going to be great, but they wouldn't have been my first choice of collectible production. Of course, I'm still buying them.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #423
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
I really hope that Nick sees the desire and intrigue for the Classics line. If this line sells well, what I am ultimately hoping for would be sets of movie Turtles, comic Turtles, etc...the Classics are going to be great, but they wouldn't have been my first choice of collectible production. Of course, I'm still buying them.
Yeah I agree
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #424
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Just curious: Are you guys less enthusiastic about the new series and the figures going along with it? All I hear from you is about the classics line. Yes the classics sound cool. I'm just interested to hear about the ones for the new show. There have been figures for the classics before. There hasn't been any for the 2k12 Nick show. So I'm really looking forward to hearing about the new rather than a reissue of the old. Are you excited about the 2k12 figures, too?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #425
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Oh don't get me wrong I can't wait for the 2k12 line but more excited for the Classics line
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #426
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
Oh don't get me wrong I can't wait for the 2k12 line but more excited for the Classics line
My sentiments exactly.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #427
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I'm equally as excited for both lines, just as a collector I think the Classics line might be a tad more appealing because it will be rarer than the generic 2k12 line.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #428
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Okay. That makes me relieved. I thought so.

Sorry guys. The classics line does sound cool. It's just that I have figures that kind of represent the classics already. That's why I'm really waiting for the new Nick 2k12 series line. I may like to check the classics ones, too. Just curious, though. Can you only get the classics online? Will it be the same way like ordering Ghostbusters figures online?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #429
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Your toys may represent the old cartoon, but they don't exactly resemble it... We definitely need these figures.
I don't think the means of purchase for the classics line has been spoken on as of this time, though. Bear in mind the folks who saw 'em, saw them in their first developmental stage. At that time there likely wasn't a gameplan set in motion at playmates yet. For now, only time will tell.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #430
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Just curious: Are you guys less enthusiastic about the new series and the figures going along with it? All I hear from you is about the classics line. Yes the classics sound cool. I'm just interested to hear about the ones for the new show. There have been figures for the classics before. There hasn't been any for the 2k12 Nick show. So I'm really looking forward to hearing about the new rather than a reissue of the old. Are you excited about the 2k12 figures, too?
They looked great but they are too small for my taste.
I like 6 inch figures and up.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:52 AM   #431
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
They looked great but they are too small for my taste.
I like 6 inch figures and up.
How small? Like Avengers or Young Justice small?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #432
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
How small? Like Avengers or Young Justice small?
think the scale was 3 3/4", so similar height as Marvel Universe or GI Joe figures
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #433
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Are the classic figures that small too or only the new Nick figures?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #434
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are the classic figures that small too or only the new Nick figures?
Only the new show figures.
The classics line is geared towards adult fans so they are like most collector lines.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #435
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
think the scale was 3 3/4", so similar height as Marvel Universe or GI Joe figures
Man that kind of bothers me. Oh well. They still must be very detailed.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #436
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Man that kind of bothers me. Oh well. They still must be very detailed.
They are being worked on by the people that did the old toy line so expect greatness.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #437
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
think the scale was 3 3/4", so similar height as Marvel Universe or GI Joe figures
No, they're bigger than that. Somewhere between 4"-5".
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #438
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
No, they're bigger than that. Somewhere between 4"-5".
This is good news.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #439
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
This is good news.
FYI - Every bit of known information about the toys and everything Nickelodeon is and has been on my website for months.

http://www.ninjapizza.net
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #440
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
I'm equally as excited for both lines, just as a collector I think the Classics line might be a tad more appealing because it will be rarer than the generic 2k12 line.
yes for sure
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.