The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #521
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
I'm hoping that sometime in the future April gets a solo episode where we can learn more about her abilities and maybe learn more about why she seems to be immune to mutagen. Or at least an episode where April is plot a, and the turtles are plot b.
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #522
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
^Don't hold your breath over this but the next episode call "the kraang connection" might have something to do with that.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #523
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Does the little girl have a name?
Then I hazard to say she doesn't really count as a female protagonist. Now if she shows up again and gets a name that's a horse of an entirely different color.

And I hope she does. That was awesome. Like Mrs Rosetti in Dooney's "Challenges" graphic novel.

Don't actually lose sleep on the name thing. I've no doubt that tumblr is hard at work making one for her.
No, but she's still one more female character even if she isn't a main one. I actually named her Abby and am writing a fan fiction about her that takes place when Leo returns to visit her just as he promised he would.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #524
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Soldier Clang View Post
and maybe learn more about why she seems to be immune to mutagen.
But she's not immune to mutagen. That we've seen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #525
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Exactly. She's immune to the Kraang water as far as we know.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #526
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yes, because the nameless girl we don't know cures everything. /sarcasm

Apparently there's some talk in tumblr going on around there. It's interesting to note it's not Ciro who's the problem. It's everyone in the animation industry.

Like Paul Dini confirming Young Justice was cancelled because there was an increase of female viewers and they don't buy toys excuse.

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...ywoods-fear-of

So if the Turtles aren't careful, the female fans will cancel that show too.

First comic books, then videogames, then cartoons aimed for children. Girls will never be included or noticed as an audience. Sad world.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 12-15-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #527
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
So if the Turtles aren't careful, the female fans will cancel that show too.
I realize that you understand that this is not literally the case, but still, could we please not have stuff like this here? Female fans did not get those other shows cancelled, and will not be the reason for TMNT's cancellation, in the exceedingly unlikely case it happens. Just because garbage TV executives don't understand the value of a female audience doesn't mean it's that audience's fault.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog


Avatar artwork by Madseason.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #528
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
And you do realize that there are female fans of the show, don't you? I'm one of them, and I support this show wholeheartedly. And that was just an excuse that you pointed out anyway. There were probably other reasons the show got cancelled, but the person talking about it didn't want to discuss them. So I don't think it'll be any female's fault that the show gets cancelled at all.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #529
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
Yes, because the nameless girl we don't know cures everything. /sarcasm

Apparently there's some talk in tumblr going on around there. It's interesting to note it's not Ciro who's the problem. It's everyone in the animation industry.

Like Paul Dini confirming Young Justice was cancelled because there was an increase of female viewers and they don't buy toys excuse.

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...ywoods-fear-of

So if the Turtles aren't careful, the female fans will cancel that show too.
None of that makes much sense. That Dini statement; or maybe just the attitude he described, presumes that as female viewership goes up, male viewership necessarily goes down. I see no evidence that this is true; therefore, even if female viewers are less likely to buy toys, that's irrelevant when the part of the demographic that does buy them doesn't actually shrink. Granted; it's not a stretch to assume Cartoon Network is full of morons when they crapped out Teen Titans Go, for any reason.

I am guessing real reason YJ failed to sell as many toys as they wanted is partially because the show was often unfocused. I liked it, but it did tend to trip over its own ambition it times; switching from character to character and arc to arc. There probably was not enough time to get people interested in individual characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
First comic books, then videogames, then cartoons aimed for children. Girls will never be included or noticed as an audience. Sad world.
That's way too gloom and doom. First of all, there are female protagonists in video games and graphic novels. Maybe not many, and many of them are at least partially intended for the males, but they are there. Second, girls are definitely "noticed" as an audience, and have been for a long time. The question is just whether what producers are giving the girls is what they actually want to watch. We still have My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, and Tinkerbell in whatever current incarnation they're in now. If girls want to watch the "boys'" shows instead, that should be fine, but it does make it a bit harder for producers to plan.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #530
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
That's way too gloom and doom. First of all, there are female protagonists in video games and graphic novels. Maybe not many, and many of them are at least partially intended for the males, but they are there. Second, girls are definitely "noticed" as an audience, and have been for a long time. The question is just whether what producers are giving the girls is what they actually want to watch. We still have My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, and Tinkerbell in whatever current incarnation they're in now. If girls want to watch the "boys'" shows instead, that should be fine, but it does make it a bit harder for producers to plan.
you know what....there shouldn't be a "boys show" or a "girls show" there should just be shows.

When I was a kid all I watched were the action cartoons I never watched My little Pony.....or Sabrina......(I watch MLP now though XD)

Kim Possible was awesome! and there were ALOT of dudes that watched that cause it was just a "show" for anyone.

I guess labeling shows makes it easier though....but I still feel it's a little outdated in this time and age where little girls are also crazy about TMNT and Avengers right now.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #531
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
We've moved forward. Not enough, but we're above where we were in the 1980s.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #532
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
We've moved forward. Not enough, but we're above where we were in the 1980s.
Guess I'll have to wait another decade or so.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #533
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
Ciro said on his podcast that the show would become more serious/dark near the end of season 2. I think that would be awesome. I only hope they don't show too much violence, but I would love to see a little blood.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #534
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
No chance of blood, ever. C'mon now. It's already gotten quite violent though. The way Slash was slamming everyones heads into concrete & stuff... it was pretty shocking, I thought.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:53 AM   #535
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
Ciro said on his podcast that the show would become more serious/dark near the end of season 2. I think that would be awesome. I only hope they don't show too much violence, but I would love to see a little blood.
that's gonna be awesome, so cant wait 4 it, and they show some at least some blood
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #536
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Do they still show blood in childrens cartoons these days, I can't remember the last time I saw blood in a cartoon (the 90s I think).
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #537
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Do they still show blood in childrens cartoons these days, I can't remember the last time I saw blood in a cartoon (the 90s I think).
The episode called "The Pit" on Adventure Time. We see Jake's blood being suck out his body by a demon.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #538
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Adventure Time isn't /totally/ a childrens cartoon, though... First of all, it's PG & has a 7pm EST time slot, secondly it's loaded with sexual innuendo.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #539
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
No chance of blood, ever. C'mon now. It's already gotten quite violent though. The way Slash was slamming everyones heads into concrete & stuff... it was pretty shocking, I thought.
Not to mention how viciously detailed the takedowns became when the foot-bots was introduced, like throat stabbing.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #540
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
just saying that the show would be a lot more popular if it wasn't really children focused, think of how much better it could be action-wise which is about 85% of the show from my point of view
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ciro nieli


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.