The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #521
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
And you still don't understand rather obvious sarcasm, is there any statement you won't take literally? The implication that this movie is so bad it causes cancer is so clearly a joke not even a little kid could misunderstand it.
You shouldn't be joking about cancer anyway.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:08 AM   #522
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
You shouldn't be joking about cancer anyway.
Why not?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:16 AM   #523
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Another forecast update from Deadline:

Quote:
1). Conjuring 2 (WB/NL), 3,343 theaters / $16M Fri. (includes $3.4M previews) / 3-day cume: $37.1M/Wk 1

2). Warcraft (UNI/LEG), 3,400 theaters / $11M Fri. (includes $3.1M previews) / 3-day cume: $26.4M/Wk 1

3). Now You See Me 2 (LG), 3,232 theaters / $8M Fri. (includes $1.75M previews) / 3-day cume: $22.3M/Wk 1

4). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (PAR), 4,071 theaters / $3.7M Fri. (-70%) / 3-day cume: $13.2M (-62%)/Total Cume:$59.5M/Wk 2

5). X-Men: Apocalypse (FOX), 3,585 theaters (-56%) / $3M Fri. (-54%) / 3-day cume: $10.7M (-53%) /Total cume: $137M/Wk 3
They also noted something that I found interesting...

Quote:
Warcraft‘s industry forecasts have simmered down from their mid-day hype to an estimated $26.4M opening weekend in second place, which indicates that advance ticket sales combined with a decent $3.1M Thursday were throwing estimates wildly upward. Yes, that’s an awful domestic opening for a film that cost $160M, but the Universal-Legendary co-production was built to reap the majority of its cost back from China where close to half of the game’s 5.6M fans reside. Deadline has heard that Warcraft could end its run in the Middle Kingdom with $200M-$250M. In total a $500M global tally gets this ambitious humans vs. orcs story at break-even.
A $160 million movie, which could earn $500 million worldwide, about half coming from China, and they'll just break even on it.

I'm not an expert here, but what could that say for BayTurtles 2?
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:17 AM   #524
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You make good points when it comes to people and their opinions. But as any kind of turtle fan people should know in their hearts of hearts that these movies just weren't the way to go. Just like batman fans snubbed batman & Robin. Or FF fans hated Fant4Stic. You can't say they weren't fans, or that they were jerks, the movies just weren't good.
by all intents and purposes this movie show have done well is better written(I get people dont like the writing), they focused on the turtles and gave them much more character, added fan favorite character which were near perfect adaptations. Fant4stic was a terrible adaptation and the tone was terrible, and the whole production was rittled with so many issues.

Quote:
In fact I dare say Batman & Robin wouldn't have been as bad had it been it's own thing and not a sequel to the previous movies. You just can't go from the Burton films to that mess. Even marathoning all 4 movies shows you how awkward the tone shifts in what's supposed to be the same story.
hell if they kept the tone and changed the esthetics and called it it's own separate movie it would have been a fine Batman movie.

Quote:
I'm anxious to see how the next guys will handle the turtles. Although after TMNT 3, tmnt 2007 and now this Bay mess, I'm also a bit worried. Are we gonna get a TMNT Nolan equivalent or be stuck with another Schumacher equivalent?
I still stand by not wanting a Nolan equivalent and that being a terrible idea. But on in vain of daredevil yeah something that on par with deadpool when it come to being an adaptation. My only hope is they will do something like that

I wish and hope they can pinch one more movie out of this set to give us and ending not left wide open
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:24 AM   #525
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Why not?

Cuz maybe some users have had to deal with cancer in the family and how terrible it really is its not some joke it's a serious thing. Losing people from cancer isn't funny and wishing cancer on people is definitely not funny. And it doesn't matter how often TV make fun of it it's still not funny....
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:39 AM   #526
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,672
Can we stay on topic? The original joke wasn't as offensive as everyone continuing to mention cancer and joking about it over and over again. We get that 'cancer isn't funny mmkay' so can we drop the same? The continous mention of it doesn't help matters.

Also did a bunch of babies join the forum recently? I understand the mods want to maintain some forms of control but it feels like mothering to me. Every other post is 'you can't say that' and 'that will offend someone'. This coming from a forum based in a cartoon so old everyone should be in their 30s by now. All the mothering makes me feel like I'm in the Nick forum over at their website or something and I'm the only adult in a forum full of toddlers being called out for saying gosh darn it to heck. It's awkward and it feels like I'm the wrong forum. Kinda thought we were all adults here. Less mothering thanks.

Instead of plants we might have to start posting Ned Flanders pics instead.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #527
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Why not?

cancer is living death. seeing someone you love get eaten away from the inside out is probably one of the worst things to ever have to go through.

i'm not saying "don't joke about that" but it is an absolutely awful thing to ever actually have to go through, or watch someone go through.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #528
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I'll side with samxsteal on this one, just because I know what he's going through and have gone through it myself.

But. Sterling Archer's cancer rampage is one of my favorite episodes of Archer. It treats the subject with gravitas and yet is still vastly entertaining.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #529
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Also did a bunch of babies join the forum recently? I understand the mods want to maintain some forms of control but it feels like mothering to me.
Ever since 2014, I feel like this place has seen an uptick in weenies. Probably the result of Bay's demographic becoming interested in the turtles.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #530
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Sooooo according to Box Office Mojo, the 8-day total for TMNT 2 is at $50,239,783 compared to the first movie's 8-day total of $97,252,723.
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:47 PM   #531
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
wishing cancer on people is definitely not funny.
No one have stated that either, no one wished anyone cancer.

Just stop.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:56 PM   #532
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
Sooooo according to Box Office Mojo, the 8-day total for TMNT 2 is at $50,239,783 compared to the first movie's 8-day total of $97,252,723.
Ouch..... just barely over half.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #533
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
Sooooo according to Box Office Mojo, the 8-day total for TMNT 2 is at $50,239,783 compared to the first movie's 8-day total of $97,252,723.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #534
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
So, I saw it today.
since the official review thread is closed..

as someone who HATED the first one with a passion. and knowing skipping this one won't hurt the bottom line, I wanted to see if they learned from their mistakes.

Things I hated -
The stupid Knicks segment in the beginning. while i get the reasoning behind it, it just felt like the producers wanted to meet some knick players, so they promised them a part in the movie

- the turtles voices STILL sound cookie cutter and way too generic. not as easy to tell them apart except for raph, and that's only because he's doing the stupid tough guy voice.

- The designs still suck and look horrible close up.

- Meghan fox is still a horrible april (especially after telling thefans to F off)

-Splinter is still ugly. and sounds horribly miscast as Monk.

- Krang's android and the technodrome are more of the same overly designed non design crap that you can't pick any detail out of. if it wasn't for the eye looking kind of the same, it could have been a death star.

- humans have animal dna in them ,and theirs was rhino and warthog wut wut wut?

- Karai. WTF is she even doing in these movies?

- I'm all for having the foot being ninja, but what's the point if even april and vernon can take them out with one week blow?

- the crush vendor in the van. i mean come on. and there's room enough in there for a punching bag?

- in a movie called ninja turtles, WHERE is the actual ninja stuff? only mikey really brandished his weapons, and that was just for twirling in anxiety. leo polished his sword once, and don used his staff too....pilot a plane. what the holy...

- was it just me, or did the pilots of the foot plane that see raph, and then get blown out by rocksteady look like two different guys? went by so fast, but something i noticed that looked off.

- the blue mutagen crap. if you're going to have it, at least call it anti mutagen or something.


- April having so much screen time. it's nice that she's a part of the team, but it would be even NICER if you got a better actress, and someone who could write april properly so we could CARE that she's on screen more.

-all the swearing. four letter words in a turtles movie that isn't damn? didn't feel right. Bebop and rocksteady checking dick size? also ut uh..

I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but things I actually LIKED this time around.

- I felt the turtles where written better. the entire tone of the movie felt like nick knew the first one was a complete dumpster fire and someone was checking the progress a little closer.

-amell as casey jones was as awesome as i thought it'd be. even if his dialogue was stupid. It felt like someone wanted nobody in this movie, and someone wanted casey, and someone reached a compromise.

-Bebop stole the show..rocksteady wasn't given as much to do.


-being in the NY area, the turtles working WITH the cops was a touching moment, i thought.

- there was a TAD more attention to detail to try and make this feel like a turtles movie.




All in all, if this is the LAST Bay venture, and we can only hope it is, I won't be crying a river about it.

I also hated how under used shredder was. he ws basically a plot device to get to krang. karai is useless. alot of it's logic either had backstory missing, or just went by so fast that it didn't make sense to me at times. (how was baxter tied to the foot again?)

But all in all, i'm shocked i had more fun watching this one than i did the first, where i almost fell asleep out of boredom.

It's still NOT my ninja turtles. it never will be. I HATE the people making it for going after the fans. and I never intend to buy any of it's merchandise to support it.

But, unlike the first one, if this one shows up on an hd network somewhere, i might give it a second view. i won't be seeking it out though.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #535
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So now people who enjoy something you did'nt have some form of brain damage?
I initially thought he was making a kinda-loose reference to this joke?



Could be wrong, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
You shouldn't be joking about cancer anyway.
I've lost quite a few member of my family, and family friends, to cancer in the last handful of years, so I get the sensitivity... but still, it's the kind of joke they make on primetime television. Not really worth the hand-wringing, IMO.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:21 AM   #536
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I initially thought he was making a kinda-loose reference to this joke?



Could be wrong, though.
I didn't remember that joke but it's the same basic idea. The joke was never intended to be "you must have brain tumors if you like this movie" but more like "this movie is so bad watching it gives you brain tumors".

I thought people would get that since "X gave me cancer" is fairly common meme.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #537
Mulder
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 28
58% drop in it's 2nd weekend which is massive. 14 million overall this weekend. Going to be a huge flop overall.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #538
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
58% drop in it's 2nd weekend which is massive. 14 million overall this weekend. Going to be a huge flop overall.
That's actually a bigger drop than the 2014 movie (it had a -56.5% drop its second weekend) and BayTurtles 2 took in less than 50% of the first movie's second week, so it doesn't look like word-of-mouth is helping it any.

And Finding Dory releases next weekend, so... that's probably game over, man.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #539
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
This is a beautiful turn of events. It makes me so happy to know the studio pumped a bunch of money into this sh!t movie and will lose it all not with a bang, but a whimper.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #540
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Ding-doing the witch is dead, good riddance.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april_screwed_by_cubed, big turtle gherkin, cybercubedthevirgin, neatomanlovesoots, tmnt ass juice, water the plants


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.