The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 05:15 AM   #521
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
"Aliens"
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #522
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
You know what I miss... Those school book club order forms and when/if you were lucky enough to be allowed to get something from it.




IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #523
TurtleWA
Foot Elite
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You know what I miss... Those school book club order forms and when/if you were lucky enough to be allowed to get something from it.


http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5211/...ec18c50d91.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/34/b8/13/3...lub-flyers.jpg
Those are the best! I would love to see some order forms with TMNT books. I think they had them?

I still have some baseball books I was lucky enough to get from those catalogs. From around 1993/94 I think.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #524
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
The way my brother-in-law blows his nose like a cartoon character is pretty annoying. And why he has to do it in a shared area like the damn kitchen, esp when he's had a virus... UGH. Fool is only going to give himself sinus infections or other issues doing it like that anyhow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Those are the best! I would love to see some order forms with TMNT books. I think they had them?

I still have some baseball books I was lucky enough to get from those catalogs. From around 1993/94 I think.
I don't remember seeing any in the ones I got. I'd probably have certainly wanted them had I. Would have been cool to see some listed.

Though I believe that is where my copies of Scary Stories to tell in the Dark came from. Still have those of course.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #525
TurtleWA
Foot Elite
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Though I believe that is where my copies of Scary Stories to tell in the Dark came from. Still have those of course.
Awesome you have those still. Classics for sure. Unfortunately mine didn’t make it over the years.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #526
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
hard to believe super mario 3d land came out SEVEN YEARS AGO. still seems brand new. where is the sequel?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:03 PM   #527
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
As I said on FB a few years ago today...

Why can't all of the different terrorist groups just get mad at each other and solve the whole problem. (Aka wipe each other out.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #528
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I was just told by a family friend that a character on the most recent episode of The Good Doctor shares my name. And the actress shares my mothers name.



Thank god I don't have a conjoined twin named Jenny.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #529
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Didn't it used to get dark late december 21st at 3:30? Now it seems to be 4:30. and at 5PM it's light out again. seems to happen earlier.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #530
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293


Huh?

As it so happens, I just found the perfect TMNT gif for when a post overhead is a tad confusing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #531
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
yeah, i know. badly worded.


shortest day of the year is in december. I SWEAR it used to get total dark at around 3:40. this december it seemed to stay light up until about 4:40. and now late january, it's light at 5PM. I Thought that didn't happen until closer to February.

can you tell I didn't pay too much attention to sun set times before?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #532
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Nope. Earliest sunset on the Solstice is around 4:30-ish in the temperate zone. And it is between Dec. 20-22. It varies from year to year. Solstice Night happens to be my "Christmas" holiday. #akaSaturnalia
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #533
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Normally I don't find joy in people's demise.. but in this case, this guy was a stain on the earth.

Delinquent. Selling anything he could for drugs. stole from our house on at least two occasions. AND sold his dying fathers medication for drug money. and was a general nuisance.

in this case, the world is better off.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #534
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
hard to believe super mario 3d land came out SEVEN YEARS AGO. still seems brand new. where is the sequel?
Is this a joke? Super Mario 3D World came out in 2013, and Odyssey just came out 2 months ago.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:36 AM   #535
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
something a little weird today.

our office has a cleaning company come in.
Having OCD, my office is usually clean anyway, so they don't have much to do other than empty out my garbage can should I not have the time to do it that day. Any maybe run the duster a little bit.

cute cleaning lady comes in, pretty sure she's spanish. I say hello, thank you, she leaves and that's usually it.

Today i'm watching dragbonall Z, Japanese audio edition. all of a sudden she calls all my props a beautiful collection and tells me to have a nice night.

Most words she said she since started. caught me totally off guard. maybe she's a dbz fan. we'll see how many words exchanged comes with next week.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #536
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
Jesus Christ, did somebody set off a crazy bomb in the Technodrome today? Everybody's got ants in their pants or something

Anyways, chow mein is definitely not as good as lo mein in my book
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #537
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
What's better:

The Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Or

The Kindle Fire 10?
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #538
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,179
I'm not a fan of Samsung products, the pre-installed software bloats the system at least for me, I prefer a more pure android installation.

Kindle Fire's are a modified Android system so at least at first not the entire app store of the play store was available, mostly only the amazon stuff which isn't good.

I'll need a new tablet soon, I have a 2nd gen Nexus 7 but it's starting to show its age, I also want a bigger 10" one to read comics better basically so I'll be doing some research soon on what's a good tablet to get. I was thinking a Nexus 10 but I don't think there's any newer ones so that's a problem.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #539
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I'm struggling to figure out a computer replacement.

What I want is a desktop that has a touchscreen, but most of those run Windows 10 these days, which I hear is flat-out awful, especially since it forces you to use their web browsers, so I won't be able to use Chrome or Firefox.

Same issue is going on with laptops, but Chormebooks are a tentative option. Not entirely sure how they'd do with Graphic Design.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #540
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Reading comics is pretty much the reason I'm looking to upgrade my tablet. At the moment I have a third hand first gen iPad. Pretty much the only app that still even works is Comixology, which is the only reason I still have it around. But the battery life is starting to show its age.

Same thing with my original Kindle Fire.

I don't have an issue with Windows 10, but then I have it modded to run like Windows 7, so there's that.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.