The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2002, 09:26 PM   #41
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Yeah TMNT 2 had empty promises i was so sure B ebop & Rocksteady were in i, and they weren't. And No Krang eirther. Well i'll always have the old cartoon.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:33 PM   #42
BigThew
Stone Warrior
 
BigThew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 574
i know what the hell, the first episode was great..an origin movie

the 2nd i wanted bebop and Rocksteady and Krang..oh well..maybe they would have been to hard to create on the big screen, or that the writer or director wanted to keep it like the Mirage Comic book
BigThew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:35 PM   #43
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
It just sucks. Tokka & Rahzar are cool. But Bebop & Rocksteady rocked and desrved to be in that movie. And Krang too with the Technodrome. Now that would have made acoolmovie.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:48 PM   #44
Duke
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,913
What the crap is up with any of the turtle movies? I mean the turtle movies and Dumb and Dumber are the greatest movies of all time, but couldn’t they have done a little better with the scripts and stuck with the cartoon and comic books.

Seriously, what's up with splinter not being human? I really can’t comprehend it? Come on, no rat can do ninjitsu in a cage. What were they thinking?

And in the second movie, where was Casey Jones? I kept expecting him to come out of no where and beat the crap out of Tokka and Rahzar. But he didn't even need to do beat the crap out of them because Tokka and Rahzar shouldn't even have been in the movie. It should have been the 2 greatest henchmen of all time Bebop and Rocksteady.

And don't even talk about the third movie. Come on the turtles go back in time and Shedder doesn't have an ancestor there. I mean seriously, I could have written a better script for that movie in my sleep. And the turtle’s costumes sucked. Plus, Casey Jones might as well have stayed at home because he did absolutely nothing.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:55 PM   #45
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
I totally agree with ya Dukesdaddy98 Welcome to the Boards!
Spilinter not being human is something i will never understand. And Bebop & Rocksteady are the greatest henchmen in the world.

But I'm sure Karpo as soon as reading this will go and tell you all about how it was the right way and everything.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 10:32 PM   #46
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesdaddy98
It should have been the 2 greatest henchmen of all time Bebop and Rocksteady.
Don't you mean henchmutants? and anyway I agree, Bebop and Rocksteady would've rocked in a live action movie.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 10:37 PM   #47
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Ya i like that word Henchmutants.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:10 AM   #48
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I can't belive all you want from future TMNT projects is Rocksteady Bepop and Krang. They are part of a children's cartoon comedy, if a new TMNT movie is made you cant really belive they would use those? If they had used those in the first movie, it would have completely ruined it.

And the Second one was genrally bad. Basicly just made too cartonish. The third one went even further. The first one is the Most darkest TMNT adventure. It comes pretty close to the true TMNT's feeling. No wonder it was a succes.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:35 AM   #49
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
To tell you the truth, I also wish Bebop and Rocksteady would appear in the new toon because I've always liked them. I don't really care though if Krang doesn't come back, because we'll still have the utroms.
Look at it this way: If B+R were to show up in the new show, they'd become as dark and gritty as the other characters.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:55 AM   #50
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
I wonder what a Shredder based on his Mirage counterpart would do with Bebop and Rocksteady after they failed for the tenth time...
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:13 AM   #51
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Just two things:

1. What are the utroms? People keep referring to them, and I have no idea who/what they are. Are they something from the comic books?

2. I must be the only person on the planet who enjoyed the third Ninja Turtles movie. Wow, I can't believe how much people detest that film. I liked it better than the first two movies, but most people think it was terrible.

To each his own, I guess.

"Your nightmares have only just begun." - Krang, from "Attack of Big MACC"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:20 AM   #52
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Actually, I think that third wasn't that bad. Especially after the second. Atleast the TMNT used weapons.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:32 AM   #53
Shellfox
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,234
The only bad part of 2 for me was Vanilla Ice, what were they thinking

I liked 3 but it was kinda left field from the others, and I never got the whole legend of a 1000 swords, or what ever that legend was
Shellfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:13 AM   #54
tekcop
Hench Mutant
 
tekcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
1. What are the utroms? People keep referring to them, and I have no idea who/what they are. Are they something from the comic books?
Yes they are from the comics. They're an alien race that are partially responsible for the creation of the turtles and seem to be pretty good friends with them. Here's a pic -- Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
2. I must be the only person on the planet who enjoyed the third Ninja Turtles movie. Wow, I can't believe how much people detest that film. I liked it better than the first two movies, but most people think it was terrible.
I kind of liked the movie. The turtles ues they're weapons in that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid
I wonder what a Shredder based on his Mirage counterpart would do with Bebop and Rocksteady after they failed for the tenth time...
I'm sure he'd have them executed.
tekcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #55
Raphael-sama
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cah-nah-dah
Posts: 155
Please. The second movie should have done alot better, kid-wise, because it was more cartoon-based. Say what you will, Karpo, but back in the early 90s, when a kid sees an ad for a film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, he expects a film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles he KNOWS. I mean, how many kids in their youth knew about the Mirage comics? Very few, maybe none, I'd wager. So, with no knowledge of this, you go into the movie expecting it to be like the cartoon. It isn't. Kids go up into anarachy, directors make sure the second film is more like the show.

Then again, maybe that's why the first film did so well. You know how critics and adults are: if a kid likes something, and they make a movie of it, it must suck, right? But if the film ISN'T like what the kid likes, and is more dark and moody then the "kiddy" cartoon (punches himself out, argh), then chances are, they're going to watch it with a clear mind. *shrug*

-Badabing.
Raphael-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:24 AM   #56
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThew
i know what the hell, the first episode was great..an origin movie

the 2nd i wanted bebop and Rocksteady and Krang..oh well..maybe they would have been to hard to create on the big screen, or that the writer or director wanted to keep it like the Mirage Comic book
The 2nd movie had NOTHING to do with the Mirage Comics. So I can assure you that what you said was NOT the reason for the movie being crap.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:25 AM   #57
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
I can't belive all you want from future TMNT projects is Rocksteady Bepop and Krang. They are part of a children's cartoon comedy, if a new TMNT movie is made you cant really belive they would use those? If they had used those in the first movie, it would have completely ruined it.

And the Second one was genrally bad. Basicly just made too cartonish. The third one went even further. The first one is the Most darkest TMNT adventure. It comes pretty close to the true TMNT's feeling. No wonder it was a succes.
I'd comment further but you've pretty much said it perfectly.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:38 AM   #58
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael-sama
Please. The second movie should have done alot better, kid-wise, because it was more cartoon-based. Say what you will, Karpo, but back in the early 90s, when a kid sees an ad for a film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, he expects a film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles he KNOWS. I mean, how many kids in their youth knew about the Mirage comics? Very few, maybe none, I'd wager. So, with no knowledge of this, you go into the movie expecting it to be like the cartoon. It isn't. Kids go up into anarachy, directors make sure the second film is more like the show.

-Badabing.
Thank you which is exactly why Bebop & Rocksteady should have been in it.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:14 AM   #59
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
The First movie was for all ages, it was dark and had a good plot. Thats why it was a success. The second one ruined all that(Because parents wanted the movie to be more kid friendly). If Rocksteady and Bebop were in it, it would have still been a less dark less violent movie, so it wouldn't have been any better.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:19 AM   #60
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Well i don't think there were too many kids going after the first one "Gee it should have been more dark and gritty" Kids loved it because it was a movie of the fav cartoon and kids wanted Bebop & Rocksteady & Krang cuz it was on the show. And they should have had them.
So yes for Adults yes it was too kid friendly and maybe looking back on it now you think its a kid movie but thats what it was supposed to be.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.