The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #41
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Dun dun dun... the REAL Shredder?! I've got some ideas about that. I like the Mystic Bad Dudes.

Memo to Bishop: BOOYAH!!! So owned. Goongala!!!

I liked this episode all the way through. But dude, Mike, you have to work on your moving-out-of-the-way-of-the-enemy's-fatal-blow manuever!

Quote that's sticking with me... Stockman: "Back-seat scientist!"
BWAHHAHAHAHA... Ok, probably just me. Stockman's egomaniacal sciencey outrage is like candy to me.

Yes! Leatherhead > Stockman :: Donatello >> Stockman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
These people are the masters of anticlimaticism. "Yay, Donnie's back. What's for dinner?" Group hug, at least?! Are they theorizing that teenage guys don't ever hug anyone? *blinks*
They can't hug him... he's NAKED!

I'm good with the whole InstaCure deal. I think we've had enough angst and a miracle was about due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
I was also theorizing that the title "Good Genes" may have been trying to imply that his system would eventually stablize itself, and start regenerating him back to normal. Was that what you were thinking, iris, when you said you had a theory? So much for that.
I was right! Insofar as they didn't disprove me. But since they didn't go into it, it's kind of useless to do so now. I wonder if Don or Leatherhead will comment next week?

Next week looks killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
Karai felt Leo's presence. How close a connection is that? *blinks*
Yeah dude. What the-- Karai is psychic now? Or does Leo just need a bath?

Karai's voice irks me. I wanna slip the girl a special lozenge and tell her to relax. But she does sound like an ineffectual baddie who's trying too hard to fill Dad's shoes.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:34 AM   #42
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouicious
2. What's with the sudden appearance of pupils in Don's eyes? What magical, pupil-eradicating effects do those bandanas of theirs have, anyway?
~Alouicious
I agree, I don't understand why they suddenly have pupils but that is how they have always been drawn. In the past, when they are without their bandanas, their pupils are apparent. Personally I would like to see more episodes in which the creators draw the turtles "naked."
I don't know why, but I think it would be cool to see the turtles gear up, picture it.

Camera fades in to reveal raph sleeping. His eyes slowly open and he yawns, streches, and gets up. He walks toward the closet where he placed his wrist bands, knee pads, and elbow pads the night before. "Naked," Raph bends down and slips on his knee pads, then he proceeds to put on his elbow pads. Next he wraps his wrists and reaches for his bandana. We have a view of him from behind tying it. When he is fully "dressed" he turns around, pupil-less.

Just something that I think would be cool.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:26 AM   #43
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady
You just realised they have 6? They showed them butt nekid in the past and they have 6. They'd look SILLY with 4...
I just meant that in general, with their belts on, it only looks like four (as opposed to the very obvious 6 in the old show and movie), and I was glad to see otherwise. Any episode that "nakedness" played a prominent part, I must have missed. Or just not been paying attention. This was just the first time it was obvious to me. *pwned by Buslady* Just made me happy, is all.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:51 AM   #44
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouicious
1. Why is seeing Don without his kneepads, elbow pads, bandana, and belt such a red-letter event? The Turtles are roaming around in their birthday suits 24/7/365 as it is! You call their outfits "clothes"?! People, they've been indecently exposing themselves since the show started!
Kermit the frog wears only a collar...but is he considered naked? Nope! Altho Sam the Eagle once did a rant about how we're all naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouicious
2. What's with the sudden appearance of pupils in Don's eyes? What magical, pupil-eradicating effects do those bandanas of theirs have, anyway?
Sudden??? Ever since "The Golden Puck" we've seen the turtles without their masks on, their eyes show. And when they're younger they have eyes. It's a superhero thing. Batman's eyes don't show when he's wearing a mask, Spidey's don't show, ect.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:55 AM   #45
onyx
Foot Soldier
 
onyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 232
Great episode!

Only thing that bothered me was the insta-cure, both on Don and on the mutants in the city. They could have made that better. I mean, this thing should at least last for 10-15 seconds. It's not magic...

The new Mystics look is awesome, I'm really looking forward to the real Shredder... in Season 6.

So, we are not seeing Insane in the Membrane soon? I didn't watch the next week preview, but from what I gathered it's The Ninja Tribunal and season over? Can't say I like that...
__________________
onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #46
Stephen
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx
So, we are not seeing Insane in the Membrane soon?
It'd be amusing if other countries got that episode before it ever aired on 4kids
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #47
IceFlash78
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 302
I'm just wondering... Do you guys think that the next episode will have some kind of connection to Fast Forward Arc? I mean, I know this has been discussed already, but I was wondering...

Maybe at the very end, through a deus ex machina moment the TMNT is thrown 99 years into the future?

THen the entire season would be about them getting back to their own time, then that's where the lost season could possibly start?

It's just an idea, because even though I know 4kids ordered the lost season to be scrapped, I just can't see the writers simply stopping the current story and progressing with Fast Forward... I have a feeling the seasons will flow into each other somehow. Maybe the waters will be rough, but they'll float into each other.
IceFlash78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #48
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Quote:
As for this episode...meh. The cheese in this plot was rather thick, especially when we learned Don was dying...despite the fact that the Minnetonka Mutant character was alive many, many weeks after being infected and mutated. Nice plot hole there, methinks.
What are you talking about? Those Minnetonka Mutant are regular animal/man mutated by Bishop's whacky UFO slime, while Donny - who's ALREADY MUTATED by the Utrom mutagen - is reacting violently to a new mutagen in his blood. It sounds pretty plausible to me. The Minnetonka Mutant is just that, a simple mutant that engulfed some guy. The guy the mutant engulf is a normal human being. Donny has become a double mutant. Donny is a mutated mutant... You could say he's a Teenage Mutated Mutant Ninja Turtle.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #49
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Quote:
2. What's with the sudden appearance of pupils in Don's eyes? What magical, pupil-eradicating effects do those bandanas of theirs have, anyway?
Eye-screens, I've always presumed. Yeah, they don't show when they take them off, but it's animation, they're allowed to cheat.

Quote:
3. Perhaps I missed earlier debates on this subject, but just why is it that Karai has no reason to want the Turtles dead?
I'll answer with my own numbers.

1. They are (were) her friends. One doesn't usually want one's friends dead.

2. She saved their lives, and almost lost her own life for it. Isn't it a waste for her to want to kill them now?

3. It wasn't their fault, technically. I know, technicalities mean little when you're distraught, but you'd think her sense of honor would prevent her from taking it out on them.

4. Well... it's the principle of the thing! :p

Quote:
As for this episode...meh. The cheese in this plot was rather thick, especially when we learned Don was dying...despite the fact that the Minnetonka Mutant character was alive many, many weeks after being infected and mutated. Nice plot hole there, methinks.
Yeah, but that guy didn't have TCRI mutagen already in his bloodstream. The two mutagens were making each other do crazy things to Don's body, and breaking it down.

Quote:
Leatherhead's anti-Bishop dialogue was painfully dumb. He really needs to learn how to sling the insults better.
In my experience, intellectuals aren't necessarily witty, or imaginative with words.

Quote:
The new/actual forms of the Mystics are very, very cool, and I'm interested to see what they mean about the "real Shredder". Though I got the impression from what we saw that each of them can become the Shredder--didn't anyone else notice how there were multiple Shredders, and how their armor was colored similarly to that of the Mystics?
Well, we saw a glimpse of some of those Shredder-like entities before in "A Tale of Master Yoshi", so I don't think they're actually Mystics themselves, but the beings that are in charge of them. Maybe not, but that was the impression I had.

Quote:
You just realised they have 6? They showed them butt nekid in the past and they have 6. They'd look SILLY with 4...
The thing is, they've showed them with both six and four, leaving us to wonder which was correct. They do indeed look silly with four. :p
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #50
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
It's like comic book code to have your pupils not shown when you're wearing your mask. It's like a major give away for identities. As for the explination for the turtles: Laird once said that he was glad that this series showed the turtles how they originally had drawn them; white slits with the bandanas on, pupils with them off. For Proof of this, please see TMNT #2 vol 1. When Raph and Mikey are sparring, they have their bandanas on - Slits. Leo is sitting on the couch, nothing on - Pupils.

Raph's Girl - Hats off to you for the Spaceballs quote!

Iris, just to clear things up: TMNT, April, Leatherhead, my dogs, and the cockroach living in the hotel down the road >(times 1,000,000) Baxter
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:50 AM   #51
Gary
Hench Mutant
 
Gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Batman's eyes don't show when he's wearing a mask, Spidey's don't show, ect.
Batman has eyes slots for his eyes, Spiderman does not, so his wouldn have to be drawn onto his mask.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #52
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Quote:
Sudden??? Ever since "The Golden Puck" we've seen the turtles without their masks on, their eyes show.
Actually, it goes way further back than the Golden Puck - like in the very first season. Remember the story recap episode where they showed the Turtles recapping what happened so far? They were shown on Casey's farm training with their masks off, while Mikey's playing with his "Gamedude." That was the first ep where we saw them. Not to mention they had pupils as kids. It's definitely not some sudden decision to show their eyes.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #53
Sakirules
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 195
Can someone tell me How may epsiodes are on the Lost season?
Sakirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #54
onyx
Foot Soldier
 
onyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 232
13, if I recall correctly.
__________________
onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #55
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 687
Quote:
And thanks to Leatherhead (who's apperantly way smarter than Stockman) a cure was found!!
Quote:
Yes! Leatherhead > Stockman :: Donatello >> Stockman!
Okay I know people are gonna kill me for this but...

I don't think Leatherhead is necessarily smarter than Stockman. Like the big croc said last week he probably wouldn't have been able to get as far in his research if he didn't have Donnie's. The same with Stockman's, he probably wouldn't have gotten so far without Stockman's notes. They laid the foundation for him to work off of. I think Leatherhead just had a fresh perspective.

And there I go overanalyzing a joke.

Dang I don't have time to give a "proper" reply to say what I liked and didn't like but ugh. Karai. I did not like how they are writing her. They are starting to make her look like a joke. Especially her falling to her knees and screaming "NOOO!!!" Lamely in front of the Foot Elite. I wanted to cover my face in embarrassment.
__________________
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #56
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak
Actually, it goes way further back than the Golden Puck - like in the very first season. Remember the story recap episode where they showed the Turtles recapping what happened so far? They were shown on Casey's farm training with their masks off, while Mikey's playing with his "Gamedude." That was the first ep where we saw them. Not to mention they had pupils as kids. It's definitely not some sudden decision to show their eyes.
That happened in "Reflections", which was a season TWO episode. And might I add that it was no doubt (to me, anyway) the episode with the ABSOLUTE BEST animation in the ENTIRE seires.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #57
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
I thought they were going to show Insane in the Membrane after the season finale...

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that scene with Mikey nearly getting skewered. What was that? Was it the crystal or the mystics? I don't really get what happened there.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #58
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
Okay I know people are gonna kill me for this but...

I don't think Leatherhead is necessarily smarter than Stockman. Like the big croc said last week he probably wouldn't have been able to get as far in his research if he didn't have Donnie's. The same with Stockman's, he probably wouldn't have gotten so far without Stockman's notes. They laid the foundation for him to work off of. I think Leatherhead just had a fresh perspective.

And there I go overanalyzing a joke.

Dang I don't have time to give a "proper" reply to say what I liked and didn't like but ugh. Karai. I did not like how they are writing her. They are starting to make her look like a joke. Especially her falling to her knees and screaming "NOOO!!!" Lamely in front of the Foot Elite. I wanted to cover my face in embarrassment.
I think that's the point now, Karai is a joke compared to Saki. She trying to be as bad as her father, but isn't doing a really good job at it. 4 reasons...

1. She should have sent some people to make sure the Turtles and Splinter were dead in Scion of the Shredder.

2. She wouldn't have given up when Leo, Mikey, and Raph swiped the amulet from her.

3. She would command better respect from the Foot Mystics.

4. She wouldn't have lost to Leo so easily.

She's so obsessed with destroying the TMNT she's become more like...OS Shredder. Once she teams up with an Alien brain, her downward spiral will be complete.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #59
Gary
Hench Mutant
 
Gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther
IOh, I almost forgot to mention that scene with Mikey nearly getting skewered. What was that? Was it the crystal or the mystics? I don't really get what happened there.
I thought it was the crystal's mystical powers.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #60
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that scene with Mikey nearly getting skewered. What was that? Was it the crystal or the mystics? I don't really get what happened there.
U mean this?


That was the Heart of the Tengu/Pendant.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.