The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #41
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
Which boss fights are you looking forward to? Since this is based on the movie I look forward to fighting the Nightwatcher and Generals. In the play magazine article I think it said there would be additional fighters, maybe Leatherhead and Usagi might make it?
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #42
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Guy View Post
Which boss fights are you looking forward to? Since this is based on the movie I look forward to fighting the Nightwatcher and Generals. In the play magazine article I think it said there would be additional fighters, maybe Leatherhead and Usagi might make it?
Nightwatcher is Raph I don't think you'll be fighting him. Though Raph might be a boss since you play as Leo for the most part and then switch turtles as you need to. So since Raph and Leo fight maybe that will be in the game. Other then that the only bosses I can think of them having are the generals, Karai, Shredder maybe, and Max Winters.

I'm positive that Usagi and Leatherhead won't be extra fighters. I love both but their not going to do that. The extra fighters will be one or the following, April, Casey, Splinter, and maybe Karai or Shredder if they toss in villains. I's what they did with the other TMNT games and as lame as that is that's just what they do. Though this is Ubi and not Konami so we will see. I would love to play as Leatherhead but I'm guessing it will be movie guys.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #43
Phoenix Fire
Foot Soldier
 
Phoenix Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 105
If you do pre-order you might want to pre-order from EB Games. I personally don't like EB but this is a good deal. When you pre-order you get a copy of TMNT #1. If its the same price why not? And for the record I'm getting TMNT for Nintendo DS and for the Wii. Lets hope the Wii virtual console gets some classic turtle power soon!



Here is a link for anyone interested:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?c...%5Fid=B230061A
__________________
Phoenix Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #44
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
Gamestop is doing it as well

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?...%5Fid=B230061A
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #45
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Aw crud, EB Games wins me. Don't see the Gamecube version listed, though. Guess I'll just order the DS version here.

I wonder if that's the final cover art.. it's just the movie poster. The PAL cover is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Guy View Post
GameStop and EB Games are the same company.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #46
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
I hope my store can still get me that comic when I pre order this week.
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:02 PM   #47
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
If you order from GameStop's website, you can use this coupon code to get free shipping: SAVER

I might stop into my local GameStop to see if they have the comic. Since I'm buying multiple platforms anyways, I'll take multiple comics.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #48
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
If you order from GameStop's website, you can use this coupon code to get free shipping: SAVER

I might stop into my local GameStop to see if they have the comic. Since I'm buying multiple platforms anyways, I'll take multiple comics.
I thought about ordering from the site but I've heard so many horror stories from people that I just stick to going to the store.
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #49
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
What kind of horror stories?

I can only recall ordering from their site once, and the purpose of that was to get the freebie that came with the game (Pokemon Colosseum). That worked out just fine for me.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #50
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
What kind of horror stories?

I can only recall ordering from their site once, and the purpose of that was to get the freebie that came with the game (Pokemon Colosseum). That worked out just fine for me.
People not getting their games on time, games not be delivered etc.. I've seen it on the John Madden message boards almost every single year.
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #51
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
The latest screen shots of the game look really disappointing. However, I have faith in Ubisoft, as they usually put out some really good stuff. The first video they showed really look great, so I hope the game doesn't go downhill like most franchised stuff does.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #52
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Ah, yeah, that's not surprising - especially with a game like Madden where there's an overwhelming number of preorders. I don't mind getting the DS version late. I'll pickup the GameCube version right away and spend time with that. I just need to get the darn comic.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:15 PM   #53
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Nightwatcher is Raph I don't think you'll be fighting him. Though Raph might be a boss since you play as Leo for the most part and then switch turtles as you need to. So since Raph and Leo fight maybe that will be in the game. Other then that the only bosses I can think of them having are the generals, Karai, Shredder maybe, and Max Winters.

I'm positive that Usagi and Leatherhead won't be extra fighters. I love both but their not going to do that. The extra fighters will be one or the following, April, Casey, Splinter, and maybe Karai or Shredder if they toss in villains. I's what they did with the other TMNT games and as lame as that is that's just what they do. Though this is Ubi and not Konami so we will see. I would love to play as Leatherhead but I'm guessing it will be movie guys.
Actually, didn't they say there would be characters from both the movie and the comic in the game. We already know the Purple Dragons are in it, so LH might have a 49% percent chance.

Quote:
If you do pre-order you might want to pre-order from EB Games. I personally don't like EB but this is a good deal. When you pre-order you get a copy of TMNT #1. If its the same price why not? And for the record I'm getting TMNT for Nintendo DS and for the Wii. Lets hope the Wii virtual console gets some classic turtle power soon!
I'd be mroe excited if I didn't already have a copy. But this is good news, now more people will become more familiar with the comic TMNT.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #54
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier
 
bmxbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 205
thanks for the heads up on the free comic book. i just put my pre-order in. when exactly does it come out?... some places i've seen it saying it is released the 13th and others the 20th. (the gamestop site being one of the places saying the 20th.)
__________________
into cars or motorcycles? check out...
http://www.chaoscarclub.com
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #55
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Man just like Ebagmes and Gamestop. They offer deals AFTER I pre-order it. I pre-ordered Devil May Cry 3 early and didn't get a wall scroll. Pre-ordered Dead Rising early, didn't get my map. Pre-order Lost Planet early didn't get my bonus map.

Aw well maybe when I go in I can get them to give me one just because I already have it pre-ordered.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #56
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier
 
bmxbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 205
while browsing around i found a bunch of new screens i hadn't seen before and i didn't see a link to these so here you go...

http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/7...92/imgs_1.html
__________________
into cars or motorcycles? check out...
http://www.chaoscarclub.com
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #57
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Is there any reliable price-comparison search engine for videogames? I'm looking for something like DVDPriceSearch.com, and have already tried the obvious, VideoGamePriceSearch.com, so anyhelp would be appreciated.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #58
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I always use www.pricegrabber.com

Since the game comes out before the movie you guys going to hold off on playing it until after you see the movie? I'm getting the game the day it comes out but I'm going to wait, even if it kills me.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/

Last edited by Spitfire; 01-22-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:53 PM   #59
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Since the game comes out before the movie you guys going to hold off on playing it until after you see the movie? I'm getting the game the day it comes out but I'm going to wait, even if it kills me.
That depends on whether or not I break down and read the book first. If I do, there's no reason to wait with the game. But if I don't, I'll wait. I have a friend who had Episode 3 spoiled for her by playing the LEGO SW game.. not something I wish to claim for TMNT.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #60
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I just read in some interviews and updates that the game is going to be using the Jade engine, which is the engine used in the Prince of Persia games. If this is true...well it's pretty well documented that I love PoP, so this news is terrific.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft, video games


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.