The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #41
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I bought the Bodycount TPB when it was first published and kinda wavered at spending $18 (or whatever cover price was) on it when I already had all the individual issues, but it does seem to be quite hard to find, so I seems it was an $18 well spent.

How much is the guy asking for the #1 variant? I know I didn't pay more than $10, maybe as low as $3... but I bought it when TMNT comics were all pretty worthless.



You know, I've never done that, and I should. There were also some Gizmo short stories in Domino Chance which was published by Chance Enterprises, who published the first standalone Gizmo book.



It was a ChicagoCon exclusive cover - The con was a week or two before the first issue was shipped to stores.


Hey, thanks for letting us know about this! This isn't something I'd go out of my way to get, but if I ever stumbled across it for a cheap price I'd pick it up. But I can't do that if I don't know about it!
Yeah it's been tough to find for me ever since It came out I've never once a seen a copy of the trade paper back.
I just got the gizmo TPB in the mail today very happy so now I just need that chance issue of gizmo there's one on ebay but it's a bit much.
I always love when sellers think people are stupid and wont look at the shipping...comics shouldn't cost more than 2.00 to ship.
So wait is gizmo in other comics?
Do you have the Gizmo tpb also? cause this was the first time I've ever seen it and had to snatch it up right away hehe.
Oh and that guy wants $17.00 plus like $5.00 shipping for the image tmnt variant cover which I think is a bit out of hand.
Oh and yeah I found out about the other Xenotech comics when I was searching for the mirage/next comics. I didn't really think anything of them like you say and really wouldn't go out of my way to get them.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #42
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Ouch, $17 does seem to be a bit much. But I have no idea how many of those are around. Hard call.

There are Gizmo short stories in both of the books pictured here. I've picked up some more Domino Chance issues on the chance of more Gizmo, but haven't found anything. Some of the earlier issues do have fan letters printed written by a certain Michael Dooney.

I don't have the collected Gizmo book; it's something I've been procrastinating on. There are a handful of books that fall into that category, actually, but I think I'll be fixing that soon.

Oh, and I got Firesale today, so I'll post that later tonight. Kevin has a one-page story in it which is actually very cool and doesn't feature Turtles OR nekkid people - a rarity, I'd say!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #43
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
There are Gizmo short stories in both of the books pictured here. I've picked up some more Domino Chance issues on the chance of more Gizmo, but haven't found anything. Some of the earlier issues do have fan letters printed written by a certain Michael Dooney.
Thanks for that heads up. I'll check my shop's $2 bin to see if there are any Domino Chance titles (that's where I found all 7 issues of Gizmo and both Gizmo and Fugitoid issues). Maybe I'll get lucky.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #44
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Ok, put up a few updates tonight:

TMNT Movie Adaptations - I finally got April over the weekend, so I added that.
TMNT Crossovers & Appearances - Added the ash can for Flamming Carrot #27.
TMNT Mini-Comics & Misc. - Added the fan club mini-comic.
Mirage Artists' Other Projects - Added Fire Sale. Also, since it's only a page long I uploaded Kevin's story from this book. I'm only going to keep it up for a couple days, but before it's gone you can read it here.

Non-TMNT Mirage Comics - Even though I don't own them, I have scans on my hard drive, so I thought I might as well archive the original Gobbledygook #1 & #2.

Last edited by Roseangelo; 04-17-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #45
CudleyCowlick
Stone Warrior
 
CudleyCowlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 721
Quote:
Hey, thanks for letting us know about this! This isn't something I'd go out of my way to get, but if I ever stumbled across it for a cheap price I'd pick it up. But I can't do that if I don't know about it!
No prob. That's exactly how I got it. All of them were in a quarter box when one of the only two comic shops in my area closed down. I was buying them by the shortbox, to the point where he started giving me 8 for a dollar. I found some killer stuff.
__________________
THE DARKNESS AGE IS RETURN!
CudleyCowlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #46
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I found the link to TMNTGal's compiled list of comics. You can see it here, and she updated it quite recently!

Info I can provide based on her list:

Quote:
MARS ATTACKS
#1 Need To Confirm This Book
Yes, there is a brief TMNT cameo in this book. (Pic here.)

Quote:
THE SAVAGE DRAGON / DESTROYER DUCK
#1 Need To Confirm This Book
Yes, also a cameo in this one. (Pic here.)

Quote:
Furrlough
Need To Confirm The Book Numbers Containing Part 1 and 2.
- (Ninjara Part 1)
- (Ninjara Part 2)
- #52 (Ninjara Part 3)
The books with parts 1 & 2 are Furrlough #47 & 48 respectively. (Pic here.)
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:20 PM   #47
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I'd also like to Add Mark Martins GnatRat spoof series to the list.
I just got all 3 comics today and I have to say they are wonderfull.
While the tmnt themselves are not in the book they are some what seen in other forms and sort of mentioned in a parody way.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #48
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I'd also like to Add Mark Martins GnatRat spoof series to the list.
I just got all 3 comics today and I have to say they are wonderfull.
While the tmnt themselves are not in the book they are some what seen in other forms and sort of mentioned in a parody way.
Oh, I have a GnatRat book! I think... I haven't seen it recently.

I have a whole bunch of the series that ripped-off TMNT. Those are in a box I haven't even started with yet. And I still have to finish off all the Archie stuff.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:50 AM   #49
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Oh, I have a GnatRat book! I think... I haven't seen it recently.

I have a whole bunch of the series that ripped-off TMNT. Those are in a box I haven't even started with yet. And I still have to finish off all the Archie stuff.
Yeah I got all the jujitsu gerbils comics as well they're all pretty funny I got them because they're connected to prime slime tales and sort to tmnt especially since kevin and peter gave the blessing for the spoof.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #50
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
ooo I got michael dooneys' sketch book in the mail today!!!
Wow is it awsome!
I want an entire book of tmnt figure designs that never got made that would be the most amazing book ever!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 PM   #51
TMNTGal
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,061
Thanks for that info Rose!
__________________

TMNTGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #52
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I spent WAY too much money on this, but I got one of my holy grail comics today.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #53
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Got the early Eastman and Laird 'zines and mini-comics I got off eBay today.

If you go here they are photos 2-7.

WARNING! Photos 2-6 are the Eastman stuff and ALL of it involves nekkid ladies. Enough so that I probably should have censored them, but I'm lazy.

The only TMNT-related item is photo #7, which has a Leonardo pin-up by Peter Laird. Since you can't see the pin-up on flickr, I'll put it here since it's neat and an old piece (dated '84):

Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #54
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
wow, that sure is some obscure stuff..I've never even heard of it before. I have a fanzine of Laird's before TMNTs which was a local northampton magazine he worked on.. forget the name of it though!
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #55
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
wow, that sure is some obscure stuff..I've never even heard of it before. I have a fanzine of Laird's before TMNTs which was a local northampton magazine he worked on.. forget the name of it though!
List, list, list!!!

This auction enlightened me to another book of early work by Peter. Check out the info for book #12!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #56
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
wow, that is obscure..I may have to watch that auction, but it's sure got a hefty price tag!

I was looking through my books tonight, and the name of the magazine is Scat!, printed on newsprint, and has a goat-man playing a saxaphone on the front cover
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #57
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Oh yeah! I think Scat is mentioned in some of Peter's old bios.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:15 PM   #58
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Anyone interested in the Independent Comic Book Sampler #1 and/or #2 should shoot me a PM. You can see a picture of each book here.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Non-TMNT Mirage Comics - Even though I don't own them, I have scans on my hard drive, so I thought I might as well archive the original Gobbledygook #1 & #2.
Scans of the whole issues?

What are those like, by the way? Original stories within them not found elsewhere?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:42 PM   #60
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Scans of the whole issues?

What are those like, by the way? Original stories within them not found elsewhere?
You mean of the original Gobbledygooks? I thought I made it clear that I don't own them. Even so, neither of them has TMNT content, just an ad for TMNT #1.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.