The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 AM   #41
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
no what I mean is that you (like every one else here) are a member of a message board that is dedicated to four fictional characters that are freaks of nature and live in the sewers and learn ninjitsu from a giant rat. And yet the fans on here talk about them and analise their thoughts and actions (even the future of its show and comic book) on a regular basis as if they where actual people. But you pretty much stepped back and adopted a superority stance and said: "Uh...yeah...like a said...cartoon being taken way to seriously". Who are you to say whos taking what in their fandom in this franchise to seriously when every one here to some degree (including you) does just that. Like your annoyance with the critism fans have shown toward Lawsons art, when its just a comic book. So I guess thats what I ment by my "pot calling the kettle black remark, and why I thought your "cartoon being taken to seriously" remark was hypcritical

And of course I know that Michaelangelo in the old toon was a "comedic" character. Just about every character, theme and aspect in the old show was for comedic effect.

And I did awknowledge that you where only joking and even went so far as to apologise for my out burst, which you choose to not even a awknowledge, but what ever lets just drop and now and stop going back and forth.
Well I think the fact that the post was rambled and then included some sort of small oh ic your kidding sort of made it slip past me cause I didn't even notice you did that.
Like I said this is about Splinter in FF not Mikey in the old toon or me thinking his character acter made him act like a stoner or not or if you agree or not or think I'm a jerk for thinking he is it's all a matter of opinion and I find it quite funny actully even though I hate old toon Mike or most Mike incarnations for the most part besides Mirage and Image comics mike.
Btw I'm fine with other peoples opinions but I take offence when I post a comical comment and some one comes along OMGZ!! you can't say such things! It happens almost on a daily basis around here. But I do have to stop and realize though that for the most part that I'm dealing with a bunch of kids here most of the time and I really need to just go walk away but I have to admit it's hard to when some one attacks your person.
Yeah I'd like that I'm getting sea sick with all the back and forth.
Um and btw just so you know your mistaking me for some one else more than likely Zarius two because i hate lawsons new style of art but I do respect him now because i now know the reason it's so bad.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #42
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
fair enough. I agree with you that no one has the right to say what others could post and what their opinions are. In my second post where i apologised I was just telling my side of things and why I reacted the way I did and to put you straight on my feelings on the subject. Frankly I was annoyed, thats why I came off sort of OMG how dare Youuuuuu, which when I look at it from your POV I can see why you reacted in a WTF sort of way. I am certainly not a kid. I felt a little patranized when I bothered to apologise and you sort of made what I felt as a "yeah what ever your a jerk for having that opinion" remark. I think being able to admit when you might have reacted to strongly shows maturity, which I did try to do. So if I didn't that clear enough I guess what have here is misunderstanding.

Look I'm not a hard person to get along with but like I stated above every one reacts to this franchise with diffrent degrees of passion. So like its cool for me to tell what you can't say about a character its not cool to say who is taking it too seriously. Can we just call a truce after this now and shake hands?

**extends hand**
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #43
Sunshine
Mad Scientist
 
Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A nice little spot in the gutter where I keep my mind
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAttack View Post
I'd say ZariusTwo and Sunshine both have good points. I'd never thought of not having Splinter step in to fight as character development for the TMNT before.
I tend to read between the lines a LOT when it comes to the actions of all of the characters because I run (or have run) several roleplays including my current TMNT rp. So I try and gain a deeper understanding of why all the characters do or do not do things. And yeah after recently watching the beginning of 2k3 again I couldn't help but notice that Splinter jumped in to save the turtles quite often. As the series progressed he started showing up to save them less and less often, as he started trusting that they would be able to take care of themselves more.
__________________
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #44
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior
 
The Terror of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 736
I think Splinter tends to only come along with the guys when their on a really big mission so its not like the writers have been cutting him out of FF. The villians of FF usually find Cody/the turtles or they just happen to be in the same location. Also, Splinter usually stayed at home when the turtles went outside so hes actually being the same Splinter that he was in the past seasons.
And could people please stop saying all he does is watch soaps!!! I think FF only mentioned him watching them like two times!!!

Last edited by The Terror of Death; 06-13-2007 at 03:42 PM.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:19 PM   #45
Sunshine
Mad Scientist
 
Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A nice little spot in the gutter where I keep my mind
Posts: 1,437
I agree and besides I really personally don't have a problem with that. Ok so he watches tv other then the news. What's so wrong with that? You mean he doesn't spend all his time training or meditaing? *GASP!* Seriously it's not that big of a deal. To me it seems a bit more realistic that he'd do something like watch tv every now and then. In 2k3 he very rarely left the lair unless he was helping the guys. There isn't really a lot to do stuck in a sewer even a nice one. So why not? What else would you have him do to relax? And in the future things aren't a lot different Splinter seems to be more comfortable staying at home then going out into the world. I can understand that, he isn't a teenager and he's spent a long time hiding from the world, I doubt he's completely comfortable just strolling down the street even if he is accepted. It isn't like it's something he'd really be used to.
__________________
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.