The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2003, 08:46 AM   #41
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well I don't think there is any idea of loosing quality for size, but if you want to do decrease the quality, you can do it with virtual dub.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:55 AM   #42
tekcop
Hench Mutant
 
tekcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 334
All you people with broadband.... All I have is 56k modem. Y'think it'd be possible to download the episode if I left the computer on all night. A friend of mine does that when downloading stuff off Kazaa...
tekcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:57 AM   #43
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
Ok, tell you what. I have it already worked out with Karpo and he gets my 160Mb file first, and he will put it on #tmnt-files. It takes 3 hours to get it to him. If I have time after that, I'll try out some 60Mb files. Maybe you can convince me to share smaller files on #tmnt-files. Make your cases here.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:59 AM   #44
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Better yet, SuperMik who runs the italian site has said that people can upload episodes to his webpage. Maybe you should speak to him Darth... If it was on WWW many more people could get it.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:59 AM   #45
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Okay... Dalnet is being mega harfy.

What are the servers that you guys are connecting to that works?
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:02 AM   #46
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
We have moved away from DALnet months ago... Type /server irc.irc-chat.net and join TMNT-files
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:06 AM   #47
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
Better yet, SuperMik who runs the italian site has said that people can upload episodes to his webpage. Maybe you should speak to him Darth... If it was on WWW many more people could get it.
Do you know how I can get in contact with him?

At any rate, the 160Mb files are definate and will always get uploaded to Karpo. If I end up doing smaller files, they will be done when I have time.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:08 AM   #48
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
He is a member here.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:17 AM   #49
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
He is a member here.
I sent him a PM. We'll see what happens.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:20 AM   #50
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
We have moved away from DALnet months ago... Type /server irc.irc-chat.net and join TMNT-files
I figured that. But since I hadn't used this in ages... ><
Thanks for the tip, cause now I'm in!

And then... antoehr stupid Q... I guess i have to wait until someone else is in there?
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:25 AM   #51
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
There is 30 people in TMNT-files...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:28 AM   #52
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Hrmm.. I guess I typed the name wrong, cause I was alone.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:36 AM   #53
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ă–stersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Sooo, what are the odds that some version of the episode will be shared on megaman.gotdns.com @ Direct Connect soon?


Pleeeeeease..?
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:37 AM   #54
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*makes nice like - since she never d/led from MIRC before*

So... how do I get the d/ls from you guys? Do I query ya?
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:47 AM   #55
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid
Sooo, what are the odds that some version of the episode will be shared on megaman.gotdns.com @ Direct Connect soon?


Pleeeeeease..?
I would rather someone run a TMNT-only hub. Anyone up to it?
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 12:29 PM   #56
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseTechie
*makes nice like - since she never d/led from MIRC before*

So... how do I get the d/ls from you guys? Do I query ya?
You can ask if someone wants to send, but youl probably have to stay in que... Well Im doing a FTP link for Machias, So I could give it to you too. And before everyone starts asking, it is for moderator only.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 07:18 AM   #57
holm^
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaphael
I would rather someone run a TMNT-only hub. Anyone up to it?
No problem dude. I'm the guy who runs the TMNT dedicated hub @ kohn.ath.cx. I wish many more could join and SHARE their eps. For a couple of weeks there were like 20 people online but not that many shared. However, I'd really like this hub to grow, so if you yourself could join it, I'd be really glad. Thanks for your awesome rip of the new cartoon by the way! Do you have several versions of it? I saw your post in the forum of #tmnt-files and you said something about having changed the "encoded by" screen.

So, guys... PLEASE join kohn.ath.cx and if you have any TMNT related stuff, be sure to share it with the community! Right now, I'm sharing 129 episodes of the old cartoon, the "TMNT tips", one of SeVen's rips of the old cartoon and the new 160 mb version of the new cartoon.

Please spread the word about this hub, it can be a great alternative to IRC. See you all there!
holm^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 07:34 AM   #58
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well DC is a option for those who can't for some reason use IRC, But I personally like IRC much more.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:58 AM   #59
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaphael
Oh no...american dubbed dragonball...can't...resist...censoring...ugh...BL EH *dies*
Oh that was for judging quality eh...it's fine if you want my opinion, make it a file between 90-120...y'know, something high quality the size's worth it imo.
That's just my opinion tho do what you wish
Quote:
Originally Posted by avervisal
Go 120 Meg! It's all about the quality!
Exactly...I know the files are big but geez people they're worth it you can fit like 5 episodes in a cd, a 26 episodes series (so far) wouldn't take so many cds.
I think darthraph's first episode at 160 mb was fine quality, so i'd say go for encodes like that
You can get higher resolution at that filesize tho, but i'm not sure how it'd affect framerate and such.
Oh and i prefer IRC to DC anytime...i'm happy ya got a dc hub going on tho holm, darthraph used to have one but it has gone down or something, this one seems to be surviving, it's a great alternative to people who prefer DC so keep it up (no pun intended :p )
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 09:15 AM   #60
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by holm^
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaphael
I would rather someone run a TMNT-only hub. Anyone up to it?
No problem dude. I'm the guy who runs the TMNT dedicated hub @ kohn.ath.cx. I wish many more could join and SHARE their eps. For a couple of weeks there were like 20 people online but not that many shared. However, I'd really like this hub to grow, so if you yourself could join it, I'd be really glad. Thanks for your awesome rip of the new cartoon by the way! Do you have several versions of it? I saw your post in the forum of #tmnt-files and you said something about having changed the "encoded by" screen.

So, guys... PLEASE join kohn.ath.cx and if you have any TMNT related stuff, be sure to share it with the community! Right now, I'm sharing 129 episodes of the old cartoon, the "TMNT tips", one of SeVen's rips of the old cartoon and the new 160 mb version of the new cartoon.

Please spread the word about this hub, it can be a great alternative to IRC. See you all there!
Sweet. I'm going to check it out.
I personally like DC better than IRC.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.