The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Least favorite TMNT universe?
Mirage Comics 4 8.51%
1987 cartoon 12 25.53%
Archie TMNT Adventures 16 34.04%
Movies 11 23.40%
2k3 cartoon 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #41
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Next Mutation, which honestly SHOULD be here.
I think that's why he left it off... everyone would say that.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #42
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Scandia is a SHE. Not the most feminine woman in the planet. More prince than princess. Testosterone count too high and getting treatment for it. But still a she who likes dolls and pink and dresses and flowers and hairbows and makeup and maryjanes and shopping too.

I am aware that Peter Laird does not care for the old toon. But he still acknowledges the existence of it. I am just asking if his absolute least favorite TMNT version would be TNM. Or the OT. Or the idea that 4kids was trying to convince him about (and he THANKFULLY said no to). Or what.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:21 AM   #43
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
My least favorite would be Old Toon/Fast Forward (it's a spin-off, a seperate show, has its own seasons...I think I can include it.)
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #44
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too
 
Mecha Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,699
Though I can appreciate the old 'toon for what it is, I really don't like its portrayal of the TMNT universe so I'd say it's my least favorite, barring Next Mutation of course.

Also not very fond of the Archie comics; it had its moments but most of the storylines were a bit too out there for my liking.
__________________
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #45
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Hmmm....It seems like people tend to dislike the ones that are least faithful to the original intended story. Especially regarding Splinter's origin- after all, the NT did come up with a new origin for the Shredder. I prefer a human Shredder, but I otherwise think that the NT is extremely good per se and in its faithfulness in adapting Mirage stories.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #46
Lisardo
Stone Warrior
 
Lisardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I hate a poll like this, because it puts me in a position where I have to say I like the original cartoon least... even though, in fact, I enjoyed it very much as a kid and even once in a while pop in the DVDs to reminisce.
Honestly, I'm really no different. I was stuck on the FW cartoon forever and didn't seem to notice or care much about the comics. Then as I grew older I pretty much outgrew the old toon in favor of more mature storylines, that of the comics. I also used to love the 2k3 toon a lot because it related much more to the comics but even there I've sort of lost some my interest in it. But like you I can't totally dis the original cartoon because it, and the first movie, is what intially drew me to TMNT. Had I been older back in the day who knows, I may have been one of the diehard TMNT comic book fans that DETESTED the toon when it came out.
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #47
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I picked the movies because they were my least favorite off the list.

Archie the worst? Archie is one of the best.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:16 AM   #48
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I have read 20 issues of Archie (5-23 plus 40) and so far am VERY satisfied with them. I like how the Turtles call each other "brothers" and use the nicknames. If it weren't for Splinter's origin, it could climb up to be my second favorite universe right after the 2k3 toon- but 2k3 still has a big edge because it focuses on Leonardo so much.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:23 AM   #49
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
I have read 20 issues of Archie (5-23 plus 40) and so far am VERY satisfied with them. I like how the Turtles call each other "brothers" and use the nicknames. If it weren't for Splinter's origin, it could climb up to be my second favorite universe right after the 2k3 toon- but 2k3 still has a big edge because it focuses on Leonardo so much.
I know you're crazy about Leo and all that but see that's why I started to not like 2k3 that much tmnt is about togetherness as a family and unity.
When they started to make the show all about leo they lost that and my excitement about the show.
But yeah Archie gets better the further you get into the series.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #50
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Just because 2k3 is the most Leonardo-centered of the Turtle universes does NOT mean that it is all about Leo and strictly about Leo. There are many episodes about family and togetherness in all the seasons. In fact, Leo does not get all that much attention in FF to be honest.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #51
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
Just because 2k3 is the most Leonardo-centered of the Turtle universes does NOT mean that it is all about Leo and strictly about Leo. There are many episodes about family and togetherness in all the seasons. In fact, Leo does not get all that much attention in FF to be honest.
Hence why I like FF when the show became more about leonardo than anyone else it became really annoying to me and I know at the time it went on I wasn't the only one.
I happen to like leo more now that he's not the center of attention again and just part of the family.
It's ok you can defend 2k3 all you like but I'm not bashing it I'm just saying the time period where it was all leo leo leo leo annoyed me and made me care less about the show.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #52
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
The movies, due to the toning down of the second, and the blatant effort of the third.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #53
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
I didn't want to but I voted Archie series due to the fact that I had little to no contact with it.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #54
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Ugh! I'm sorry but that's no reason to vote something as the worst.
And I'm not even saying this because I like the Archie series.
Educate yourselves on things before you judge them and choose them as bad.
It's like saying oh I hate so and so cause I don't know them but my friend frank told me they suck so I hate them to.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 08-25-2007 at 10:38 PM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #55
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
I didn't want to but I voted Archie series due to the fact that I had little to no contact with it.
Then you should have voted for your least favorite out of the ones you had contact with.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:45 AM   #56
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
I didn't want to but I voted Archie series due to the fact that I had little to no contact with it.
Then read the blasted titles.

Raph punching out Hitler does not a bad comic make.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:49 AM   #57
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Then read the blasted titles.

Raph punching out Hitler does not a bad comic make.
Oh but I love archie so am I an inane fan boy and does that make you one for enjoying it also?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:12 AM   #58
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I wonder if Archie has any bad issues or even mediocre ones.

As much as I love 2k3, some episodes are tough to watch (due to my favorite character having gone into his shadow and disintegrated), and others are mediocre. The 1987 toon is chock full of mediocre and lousy episodes- but they are bad in a "they add nothing to the plot and are ridiculous" way. Both have several "I would rather skip this" episodes.

And of course, Mirage is full of many filler issues that are not canon or have not been declared canon. Not to mention all the things that make no sense.

Movies don't really count because there are only four of them.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #59
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
The 1987 toon is chock full of mediocre and lousy episodes- but they are bad in a "they add nothing to the plot and are ridiculous" way. Both have several "I would rather skip this" episodes.
There's a mighty large amount of good OT episodes that don't add to the plot, and a few ridiculous ones that are good too.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #60
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Raph punching out Hitler does not a bad comic make.
This is the best thing you've ever said in the history of ever.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.