![]() |
|
|
#41 |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
|
Sorry Tok! I must've mixed up your pinup with another work of yours I saw - I'll have to go back through the email and your deviantart to get my facts straight! Though admittedly, this would look very cool in colour!
I'm definitely going to SDCC next year though mate -- put money on it! With Turtles, Moo Mesa and fingers crossed something Paul and I have been cooking up on the go, I'd be crazy not to!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)... tristansbones.bsky.social and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones |
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 117
|
just read this today. really good idea for a villain but it felt a little rushed to me. the back up story was cool too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 | ||
|
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#44 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 42 Burr Hill Rd
Posts: 513
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() In the beginning... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
|
Got it yesterday. Good stuff, decent villian. I like the threat he posed, but trustno1 is right, it was a bit rushed. Tristan, phenominal short in the back, loved it. Took me a second to realize it was a mystic at the end, but very cool. Tokka, great pin up, very cool to see the process on it too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 117
|
i can't put my finger on it. i think it's just that a lot happens without much breathing room. i enjoyed it though.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
|
I liked it lawsons art as well I wasn't expecting much but I liked it. Pretty cool that tokka got his art on the pinup page. The backup story was good as well, at first I wasn't sure about the mystic at the end. At first it looked like a child with a bandana on his head at the end for some reason. I thought about it for a second it had to be a mystic, then looked again and saw it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
|
Good issue. Certainly better than whatever Marvel and DC stuff I read last week (can't even remember what that was now.) It was nice to see a Vol. 2 story. Sorry to hear this is Black's last issue. I liked Casey's role in the issue and how he served as the "trigger" to break Decider's mind control. He really knows how to write well for Casey.
I really loved the Raph back-up best though. I'm a sucker for Raph angst type stories and I love how some of these back-up stories can get inside the head of the main character in such detail in just a few pages. I think the Foot Mystic was the better way to go over Splinter (just putting in my 2 cents as a reader). I like the bad guy revenge angle better than the tough love angle. But I would love to see a sequel to this involving Splinter or not, either way is cool. I just have to say, I really like the self-contained nature of the stories in Tales of TMNT. While certain stories lend themselves to natural sequels which is cool, I like that I am actually getting a full story each issue every month not a slice/chapter of a story that I won't get to see the conclusion too for at least six months if not longer. Decompression or "writing for trades" is one of the worst trends in comics these days and I'm glad that Mirage doesn't do that, even giving us extras like back-up stories. If I'm going to spend $3.00 to $4.00 on a comic I want a full story not just part of one. So I am very pleased that Mirage makes me feel I am getting my money's worth every month. While my individual enjoyment can vary month to month depending on the story and art, I really feel Tales is one of the best comics currently around. I also just love the way the book smells, I don't know why. That kind of paper is full of comic book memories dating back to my days of collecting Vol. 1 in the early 90's. And congratulations Tokka. And Evenstar you have the cutest sig picture, I love it! Who made it?
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z ![]() "You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!" Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1 Last edited by Time Mistress; 08-07-2008 at 10:59 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#49 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 42 Burr Hill Rd
Posts: 513
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() In the beginning... |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| comic discussion, tales of the tmnt |
|
|