The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #41
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
We know three major companies went to war over how to develop this season, I doubt it'll return.
and let's not forget, 2 major companies want it, the other doesn't care. The evidence should all be there if you know where to look.

I think they should just continue with BTTS for 13 more (maybe even just 6 episodes more if a half season is remotely plausible) and just do something with whatever plot lines they have left.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #42
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
I just discovered the guy who wrote this episode was the same guy who wrote the recent Star Wars: The Clone Wars theatrical movie, as well as two episodes of Fast Forward...nice to see someone carried over from last season (not much this season, hence the lack of quality)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #43
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Watching it now...I'll forgo the "Running Commentary this week in lo of just a general review of the episode...so far so good, though it seems a lot like an OT episode so far. Not that that's a bad thing.

Part of me thinks the last 3 episodes will be split among the "teams of two" established in the episode early on, April/Don, Raph/Casey, and Leo/Mikey of them building on each other to meet in a final climax a la Vol 4 of the comic. Or...not.

Hey, look more OT references... Not only the OT April clone but the main plot as well...very 90's toon.

Is it just me or are there a lot of commercial breaks?

Big Shredder is watching. What luck, the central main frame. Khaaaaan!! and the Foot, but also....THE SHREDDER!! Did he just say "Destroy them!!"...how James Avery Shredder... So how are the guys able to take Khaaaan!! so quickly, he whooped them hard last time.

Mikey v. Shredder...who will win? Wait...isn't this how Splinter beat Shredder in their first encounter? Shouldn't he have remembered that?

No, Casey I'm sure you didn't stop Shredder and the Foot...that was way to easy.

All in all a decent episode, but as I said, reminded me waaaay too much of the 90's show.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #44
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Review:
First act like I said was really good but I felt that Act 2 went by in a flash (they even dropped the Purple Dragon arc completely after Raph and Casey notice what's happened). Act 2 had the Turtles regroup at the Lair, try to get to the building, and they were stopped in their tracks and that's it. Act 3 wasn't as fast and it did have some good fights with the Shredder but the dialogue was kinda weak--and yes, the siege was taken down a bit too fast. On the other hand, I'm glad Mikey was the one to beat the Shredder this time around and how he won.

Bottom line: A so-so episode that could've been done a lot better and it kind of went by a little fast.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #45
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
Well...that was yet ANOTHER disappointing ep.

Another semi-copy cat of an episode from one of the GOOD seasons this show used to have.

Lots of parallels to Exodus part two near the end of the ep, but (no suprise) it wasn't anywhere close to being as good as that epic finale was.

The only thing a can say I liked about this ep, was Mikey. He's the one who managed to put up the best fight against the Shredder, and then he ended up being the one to defeat the Shredder.

Sadly, that wasn't enough to save this ep for me, far too many annoying things about it imo.

Cyber Shredder is pathetic, and it came off even worse here. Everything he did was just so half-baked!

He hunts down the PDs and beats them up, but doesn't kill any of them (well...the REAL Utrom Shredder spared lives in the past as well, but he made sure to leave a mark at least!).

When he's fighting the turtles, with his cronies also engaged in the battle, and he notices Don and April putting on the bomb thing...he just stands there and does that lame dramatic "NOOOOooooOOOOO" instead of running over and slashing the darn thing. He had more than enough time to do something about it!

And then, when he's fighting the turtles again shortly after that, and spots April making a move to do her work...he still just stands there and watches her, and the turtles do to! Everyone has this idiotic delayed reaction to the situation, while April just calmly walks over and does her job....*ugh*

WTH?!

My "favorite" part is when Shred-Head and the TMNT go into that electric room and duke it out, it takes one hit for Cyber Shredder to knock each of the brothers down. ONE HIT!!! And they weren't even that brutal looking either. (The only saving grace to that scene was the fact that Mikey fights him and outsmarts him!)

Then, what I consider the dumbest part about the episode...Cyber Shredder (who is a robot/electric being) short-circuts, and they just assume he's dead...

*facepalm*

I wanted to yell at the tv: HE'S NOT A LIVING CREATURE!!! HE CAN'T REALLY DIE IN THAT FORM, ESPECIALLY FROM AN ELECTRIC ATTACK!!!!

WHY haven't they learned by now that it's stupid to just assume things like that?!

I'm sorry, I really am...but this show went down the crapper, and hasn't really made much effort to climb back up to its former glory. It has tried with a couple of eps here and there to be more "bad-ass" than FF, but honestly has failed horribly.

It sucks.

It's crap.

In other words...this show is pretty much dead to me.

It went from awesome (seasons 1-5), to watered-down and childishly lame (Fast Forward), to just watered-down and lame with a slightly half-assed effort near the end to try and recapture its former glory by copying stuff from episodes in the "golden age" of the show.

To me...it's like the show really ended with the Season 5 finale (which had qualities in it that made it FEEL like a series finale to me...aside from the unresolved stuff with Bishop, since there's still so much more that could be done with him).

Can we please just put this show out of its misery, instead of continuing to destroy it anymore than it already is?
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Or maybe you can just stop watching, and let people who enjoy the show continue to watch.

Watching this show is optional, you don't have to keep watching if you have complaints.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #47
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 523
Well again, I am not jumping up and down after seeing this episode. It still is no where near as good as the 1-5 seasons. But with that being said, I would say that this episode managed to entertain me more than any other this season, thus making it my favorite so far. At least they finally had their second battle of the season without any of those stupid special uniforms. I'm a bit annoyed that Leo only used one of his swords during the battle though (yes I am anal like that).

I will have to agree with Mandi chan on a few points. I, to, was wondering why Shredder just stayed there and yelled "nnnooooo" when they were getting ready to upload the patch or whatever. Then April and Don calmly walked (not run....WALKED) over to the mainframe and uploaded it without any resistance whatsoever. Then Don, Leo and Raph got taken out by the Shredder in less time than it took to stare at the screen and say "WHA..?! " (As a side note, does anyone ever notice that in a lot of battles, Donny is usually the first to be taken out? Weird...)

Anyways, I liked this episode enough to hold onto a spark of hope for the remaining two episodes, however they both hopefully should be better than this or at VERY LEAST as good as this one was. Anything less than that would certainly make this the worst season overall.
Jack
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #48
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
despite all the nay sayers I thought this episode was awsome. It felt very satiscifying to see the turtles finnally go up against Shredder. And hells bells Mikey was actually useful in this episode and didn't say or do a single annoying thing in this episode. I think hell just froze over seriously. LOL Leo was kick ass in this episode, I love seeing him act like a the leader. I just loved seeing the turtles working together with Casey and April fighting along with them. This is what I've missed most in FF. April and Casey working along side the turtles as active participates, not burdens.

And for whop ever said it was ridiculous that Shredder should be killed by eletircity and the turtles should not have been duped by that. I think it was specically stated by Shredder and maybe even Don that who ever comes out of the portal and gets reconfigured comes out organic, as in flesh and blood. other wise how are they going to restore Splinter?

I do agree that the purple dragons and Hun vs Shredder thing should have been a biger plot point, but there are still two epsisodes left so I'll just wait and see.

oh by the way...where's Serling dissapeared to again?
__________________
]

Last edited by NameGoesHere1066; 11-30-2008 at 09:49 PM.
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #49
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
oh by the way...where's Serling dissapeared to again?
I was thinking the same thing, actually.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
Well true, but Splinter and Turtles were organic beings before they enter cyberspace. Cyber Shredder is a computer program attacking another living computer program. Viral was never organic to begin with.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #51
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Aren't they doing a made for TV movie? Even if this is the last episodes of the series they can wrap the series up in the movie.

Anyways I watched this along with two other episodes, Superquest and the Bad Day re-hash. The twist was pretty obvious as we've seen it before but the actual reason for it I didn't grab right away. As for the Superquest episode I was told of how bad it was before hand and expecting that I was able to enjoy it. I found myself laughing a few times even.

This newest episode was alright. It's hard to grasp that the series is ending. Everything that's happening so far doesn't feel like it's leading up to a conclusion. Also the fact that Splinter's been absent the entire season, and will most likely return for the final episodes or in the movie, is really a downer.

I am however glad that almost all the plotholes have been filled. The only lingering on that bugs the hell out of me is Darius still loose in the future with the dark turtles. Who knows maybe the series can still be saved. Reno 911 got tossed into limbo and thought it was canceled but they got brought back for a 5th season a year later so anything can happen.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #52
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Well true, but Splinter and Turtles were organic beings before they enter cyberspace. Cyber Shredder is a computer program attacking another living computer program. Viral was never organic to begin with.
And Bingo was his name-o... As for C. Shredder's statement about being made flesh, he may have either been illustrating the means by which he will be defeated (by proving to him that he isn't the real one, which the other two were bickering about in "Tempus Fugit") or he was being metaphorical.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #53
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
And for whop ever said it was ridiculous that Shredder should be killed by eletircity and the turtles should not have been duped by that. I think it was specically stated by Shredder and maybe even Don that who ever comes out of the portal and gets reconfigured comes out organic, as in flesh and blood. other wise how are they going to restore Splinter?
Cyber Shredder is using Viral's body. Viral always manifested as the robot from Cody's fighting dojo, so that's what Cyber Shredder is right now.

I just saw this episode today. I thought it was very mediocre, and I think I know why. It's rushed. Every episode with Cyber Shredder is rushed as hell. They set up a dramatic problem and have to cram the solution into the last five minutes. I understand they only have thirteen episodes, but they should've considered that and written something that paces out well over a short season. Make use of two-part episodes if need be. I'd rather have four well paced adventures than thirteen sloppy, rushed ones.

In short: decent concept, poor execution.

Quote:
oh by the way...where's Serling dissapeared to again?
I wish I knew. They'd better get him back to Cody sometime though.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #54
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
That's putting it lightly. Are you having memory problems or did you miss that episode yet see the preview for it?
I saw Virtual Reality Check as well as the current episode and I believe I saw the previews for both of 'em. Can't say I remember anything about Casey coming back, though. Hope you don't have anything against me because of that.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #55
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Spoiler:
Casey never went ANYWHERE! The entire episode of Virtual Reality Check, in which "Casey" gets vaporized and "April" gets blown up in the van, happened in the cyber world that was created as a distraction for the Turtles by the Foot while Don "rebuilt" the cyber portal, so that the Foot could gleam the directions by watching him and bring Cyber Shredder into the real world.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #56
gothangel
Random Punk
 
gothangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24
This was my fave so far! I really liked it so. How many episodes do we have left? And is April and casey's wedding going to be in this season?

Is next saturday going to be nothing but reruns? Are they going to continue TMNT after back to the sewers?
gothangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #57
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothangel View Post
How many episodes do we have left? And is April and casey's wedding going to be in this season?

Is next saturday going to be nothing but reruns? Are they going to continue TMNT after back to the sewers?
Two. Possibly. Yes, and for the rest of the month. I wouldn't say it's out of the question, but who knows?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #58
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Two. Possibly. Yes, and for the rest of the month. I wouldn't say it's out of the question, but who knows?
There's more 4kids is more than likely going to hold out for some time and try to do what they did with FF.
Time will tell for sure but holding out is what people involved with the turtles like to do.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #59
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
this was a decent episode. I was a little dissapointed that Hun wasn't in it as much. But I did enjoy seeing the turtles square off.

Though can some tell me why exactly Serling was missing in action in this episode? I kinda thought that if the whole gang was going up agaisnt Shredder that Serling would come along to.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #60
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant
 
Tomoshibi Amatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
I will agree that I felt it was rushed... It really should have been a 26 episode season instead of a 13 episode season.

As for everyone complaining yet again about how the series sucks ass... all I can say is... I just plain give up on all of you. Nothing will please you guys I guess. If you're not happy with this season then go watch the first five seasons again. Be my guest. However, at least let the people who do enjoy FF and BTTS enjoy it without the constant whining and bitching. About how the series isn't living up to everyones impossibly high standards and expectations.

I'm not saying that there should be no criticism allowed, but honestly enough is enough. I also know that I seem to have done this the last two weeks as well, but this is the last time. I'm done trying to get people to look at the series in a more optimistic and positive light.

Anyways while the episode wasn't exactly the best. I'd say it was pretty average... maybe a 7 out of 10. I just honestly wish the season would have been planned out with more episodes. I can't believe they actually thought coming into this that they could do a plotline like this in 13 episodes.
__________________
Tomoshibi Amatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.