The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #41
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Was Michelangelo cut from the cards, or do you lack that card?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #42
saiyan_monkey
Hench Mutant
 
saiyan_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 415
For the Ireland set any card he was in with his weapons were cut.


sorry preview over
__________________

Last edited by saiyan_monkey; 07-11-2009 at 06:43 PM.
saiyan_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #43
tmntgoldcoin
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
Hey Vaughn just saw all the figures with the collector cards. Very nice. They look awesome.
tmntgoldcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #44
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgoldcoin View Post
Hey Vaughn just saw all the figures with the collector cards. Very nice. They look awesome.
Hey thanks, now that I'm unpacking and back online at my new home in California i'll get all the collector coin images up
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #45
Dan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 296
Wouldn't it make more sense to try to send stuff to http://ninjaturtles.com/ instead of trying to start another archive?
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #46
saiyan_monkey
Hench Mutant
 
saiyan_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to try to send stuff to http://ninjaturtles.com/ instead of trying to start another archive?
Maybe but im only willing to let the cards Ive done be hosted at 1 place outside of my card libary and thats here and Ive been told by people that have sent stuff there and it never got posted on the site so I see doing that as a 50/50 chance of wasting my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Hey thanks, now that I'm unpacking and back online at my new home in California i'll get all the collector coin images up
Are those the coins that come in some sort of folder?

krang - Ive taken out the bolds but with the bigger sets they're still 6000+ characters too big. Posting in 2 lots might be the only way, even with the green tags taken out they're still too big. Did you still want to put the cards into the main site part? Im down with that if thats what you want to do.
__________________
saiyan_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #47
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Hey, V, should I take pics of my 1998 Raph, Mike and Donnie rereleases?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #48
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
i have a ftp server y'all can use to store the jpg's until your done. i got plenty of webspace and bandwidth... i also can help with any web design and html coding if needed.

one recommendation i have to this great idea is to also include a checklist of some sorts... maybe just a text file with a little box and the toy/comic/whatever name and number if applicable... that way some collectors can print off the list and check off what they have instead of having to make up their own list and compare to the archive on the website...

i know i just joined the forum but i have been a tmnt fan for a long time and would like to help out in any way if needed...

just let me know

mm
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #49
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyan Monkey View Post
Are those the coins that come in some sort of folder?
No, they came with the Playmates TMNT figures in late 1994 and early 1995.
They aren't real coins, they're made of plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey, V, should I take pics of my 1998 Raph, Mike and Donnie rereleases?
I do believe I sent pics of all of those in to Dan but he does tale some time as he has allot on his plate.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:12 AM   #50
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyan Monkey View Post
krang - Ive taken out the bolds but with the bigger sets they're still 6000+ characters too big. Posting in 2 lots might be the only way, even with the green tags taken out they're still too big. Did you still want to put the cards into the main site part? Im down with that if thats what you want to do.
I haven't heard back from Dark 5cythe yet, but in my opinion, I do think it would work out best for it to be part of the main site. I can give you an FTP account on the server so that you can directly upload the pictures there (the same way Bebop updates the comics section).

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourimobile View Post
i have a ftp server y'all can use to store the jpg's until your done. i got plenty of webspace and bandwidth... i also can help with any web design and html coding if needed.
Thanks for your offer to help with the project. Much appreciated!

Quote:
one recommendation i have to this great idea is to also include a checklist of some sorts... maybe just a text file with a little box and the toy/comic/whatever name and number if applicable... that way some collectors can print off the list and check off what they have instead of having to make up their own list and compare to the archive on the website...
Good idea! This could also be integrated into a database so that people could sort and filter the list.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #51
saiyan_monkey
Hench Mutant
 
saiyan_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
I haven't heard back from Dark 5cythe yet, but in my opinion, I do think it would work out best for it to be part of the main site. I can give you an FTP account on the server so that you can directly upload the pictures there (the same way Bebop updates the comics section).
I'd prefer if they were part of the main site as well otherwise everything will be everywhere. Does loading it up on the server mean no photobucket? cause thats fine but Ive still got a while to go scanning. Having no PC for 2 months put me behind with everything.
__________________
saiyan_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:04 AM   #52
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
You could still use Photobucket if you'd like, but it would probably be more convenient to upload them on the server along with the HTML files (it would also reduce the size of the HTML since you could use relative links).
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #53
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
You could still use Photobucket if you'd like, but it would probably be more convenient to upload them on the server along with the HTML files (it would also reduce the size of the HTML since you could use relative links).
http://missourimobileproductions.com/ComicChecklist.txt

This is kinda what I was thinking for a checklist... Let me know what ya'll think... I can finish up the checklist for the comics if this looks good to you...
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #54
saiyan_monkey
Hench Mutant
 
saiyan_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 415
missourimobile: I like it. Its simple, easy to use but best of all no colour (yes kiwis use a u in the word colour) are you gonna make it for a dowload or just a printable in the desired section? Do you think I should do the same with the cards

Krang: Im still unsure what you mean excatly only because Ive never done anything that way before but im up for it and if you think it would be more convenient thats all good we can do it that way. I'll send an email to ya when Ive scanned the last cards and go from there.

I finally have a Movie 1 Regina New Zealand set coming so the Movie cards will be completed sometime this month and Ive just got the gold Fleer series 1 cards to scan then that sets finished.
__________________
saiyan_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:06 AM   #55
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyan Monkey View Post
Krang: Im still unsure what you mean excatly only because Ive never done anything that way before but im up for it and if you think it would be more convenient thats all good we can do it that way. I'll send an email to ya when Ive scanned the last cards and go from there.
Sounds good! Once the scans are ready, I can help you get the files onto the server if you're not familiar with FTP yet.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #56
saiyan_monkey
Hench Mutant
 
saiyan_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 415
Just wondering how people are going or if you have changed your mind about helping???


Ive got about 128 card scans of fleer series 2 to go and then a few other sets. After I have done a set I post it into rarecardz libary, delete all the scans I have saved cause they're bmp files and then get new pics of the libary cause somehow photobucket converts them to jpeg.

I have completely finished these so far:

USA
Series 1 Collcetor Box
Series 2
Movie 1
Movie 2
Fleer Series 1
Fleer Series 2

IRELAND
Series 1

My New Zealand Regina set arrived yesterday which was good. The difference with that set is pink backs. So I still have these sets to go:

USA (priority)
Series 1 (packet set)
Series 2
Movie 3

NEW ZEALAND
Series 1
Movie 1

IRELAND
Movie 1

Theres a few other things to go like a card game I found of the original toon, 4 insert cards of the original toon etc. With life getting in the way it tends to take longer to get these sets done.

That completes my update anyway.


EDIT: 24th July 2009

2 more sets finished.
__________________

Last edited by saiyan_monkey; 07-23-2009 at 10:53 PM.
saiyan_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #57
saiyan_monkey
Hench Mutant
 
saiyan_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 415
krang: Im starting the 3rd movie set today and should have it finished 100% by tomorrow. With that set done it would be the main U.S.A collection finished apart from the packet version of series 1 and collector box of movie 1. Would it be best just to load up all the main sets that I have finished and then add all the variation sets from other countries or would you prefer to wait till Ive done all of them.

Ive got 8 sets complete including having the bmp files converted to jpeg. Here's what I have so far,

USA
SERIES 1 COLLECTOR BOX -ORIGINAL TOON-
SERIES 2 -ORIGINAL TOON-
1990 MOVIE 1: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
1991 MOVIE 2: THE SECRET OF THE OOZE
FLEER SERIES 1 (missing the 4 emeralds)
FLEER SERIES 2: THE SHREDDER STRIKES (missing the 4 promos)
T.M.N.T UNLEASHED TCG (11 cards are still missing from this collection)

U.K & IRELAND
TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLES SERIES 1
TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLES CARD GAME

Im still waiting for the 99 card set by o-pee-chee and that new card game that was released.

What do you others think??? Do you want what I have so far to be able to view or wait for everything to be done. Please note I only get 2 sets completed a week and have 7 main sets to complete (I think, could be more).
__________________
saiyan_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #58
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Thanks for the update! In my opinion, I think it would be better to put it up in parts rather than all at once, but I don't mind either way. Also, would you rather upload them directly to the site using FTP or would you rather ZIP/RAR them and send them to me?
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #59
saiyan_monkey
Hench Mutant
 
saiyan_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
Thanks for the update! In my opinion, I think it would be better to put it up in parts rather than all at once, but I don't mind either way. Also, would you rather upload them directly to the site using FTP or would you rather ZIP/RAR them and send them to me?
Which ever way is up to you. If I was to send them to you what would you need.?? Just the card scans and a plain checklist?
__________________
saiyan_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:15 AM   #60
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
It would probably work out better for you to RAR them and send them to me. If the RAR is under 5MB or so, you can attach it to an email, but otherwise, please let me know and we can arrange a different way.

Also, in addition to the two items you listed, could you please include a list of which filename corresponds with which card? Using your first post as an example:

1.jpg Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Title Card

With that, I can write a script to dynamically build the list.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.