The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #41
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Me and Kevin are facebook friends, I'm sure he wouldn't mind me asking to measure his weiner lol
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,683
Pics or it didn't happen.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #43
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Dragon Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Standing behind you.
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What, like 20? It's possible. But Karai had to be fairly older in years (I'm thinking mid 40s) in "City at War" to have the chutzpah enough to become leader of not just one branch, or two, but the entire Foot Clan.
Karai certainly doesn't look like she's pushing 60 in vol. 4, unless the Foot have access to Ra's al Ghul's Lazarus Pit. Possessing more skill or ruthlessness then the other branch foot leaders is what probably got her the position of leader, Shredder himself was only eighteen when he took over the NY Branch.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #44
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Turtle View Post
Shredder himself was only eighteen when he took over the NY Branch.
Yeah, but all he took over was the NY branch. Not the entire clan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #45
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Dragon Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Standing behind you.
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
Yeah, but all he took over was the NY branch. Not the entire clan.
Still at eighteen, taking over a major branch is still a big deal, taking over the entire Foot clan by the age of thirty isn't that unrealistic.

Also take into account the actual size and depth of the Foot clan was never something that was ever fully explored, taking over the "entire" clan may not be that monumental of a task.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #46
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Turtle View Post
Still at eighteen, taking over a major branch is still a big deal, taking over the entire Foot clan by the age of thirty isn't that unrealistic.

Also take into account the actual size and depth of the Foot clan was never something that was ever fully explored, taking over the "entire" clan may not be that monumental of a task.
Seems like the Foot had really branched out by the time Karai came along from what it was in Saki's time.

You also have to take into consideration that she is a woman. Seems to me that she would have had to doubly prove herself in order to be trusted with all that responsibility.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:48 AM   #47
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
and karai are still alive in the future raph issue... maybe she have skinny dipped in the Lazarus pit
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
You also have to take into consideration that she is a woman. Seems to me that she would have had to doubly prove herself in order to be trusted with all that responsibility.
It's a comic book world. Sexy female leaders are the norm in comics.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
and karai are still alive in the future raph issue... maybe she have skinny dipped in the Lazarus pit
Or she could be a worm clone of herself. Who knows, it's the Foot.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or she could be a worm clone of herself. Who knows, it's the Foot.
Damn... that's a story in itself... Karai's demise and some loyal followers wanting to worm clone her, but something went wrong and she became the bitter hateful hag from the Raph story.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #51
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
she became the bitter hateful hag from the Raph story.
Maybe I just read it differently, but I saw her more as lonely and washed up moreso than bitter and hateful. That's just me though.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,683
Ah, I didn't actually read the issue, that's just the impression I got from the synopsis and what I heard Raph's reaction to all this was.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #53
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Maybe I just read it differently, but I saw her more as lonely and washed up moreso than bitter and hateful. That's just me though.
I got that impression as well
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #54
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Yeah, she even said that the reason she kidnapped the kid and put Raph through all that was because she missed the "old times".

Which was kind of odd, because in the "old times", Karai and the Turtles almost always got along or were indifferent about each other's behavior.

Maybe she was just senile.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I feel like that whole issue was done just to toy with the fanbase on purpose.

It kinda proves though that the Foot Clan never gets wiped out, unlike what Volume 4 has us believe with the Foot being killed off and Karai telling Leo they have barely any Foot members left.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #56
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or she could be a worm clone of herself. Who knows, it's the Foot.
I thought that very same thing.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #57
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Yeah, she even said that the reason she kidnapped the kid and put Raph through all that was because she missed the "old times".

Which was kind of odd, because in the "old times", Karai and the Turtles almost always got along or were indifferent about each other's behavior.

Maybe she was just senile.
Something just hit me. Peter says volume 4 ignores the events of volume 3, but Karai's behavior in it (and Silent Night) practically makes Image canon all on its own!

While we don't know the identity of Lady Shredder, we can all assume (and will soon find out if) that's Karai. So all the times she calls the turtles former/old enemies in volume 4 pretty much has to point back the Image series, seeing as how they only had one quick fight in "City at War" before teaming up.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-13-2010 at 08:24 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #58
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Yeah, i'm reading through vol 4 myself at the moment, and when Karai is standing over the turtles and talking to Shadow (during April's operation) some of what she said kinda irked me.
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #59
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Yeah, i'm reading through vol 4 myself at the moment, and when Karai is standing over the turtles and talking to Shadow (during April's operation) some of what she said kinda irked me.
Exactly, and you can't even blame it on Peter getting the comics confused with the cartoon... that issue was looong before Karai's first episode.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Someone in the letters also made the connection of Michelangelo falling out of the helicopter in Vol. 4 #2, and Don falling out of the helicopter in Image #1.

Of course later on, Don practically becomes a cyborg in Vol. 4 as well and Raph transforms.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.