![]() |
|
|
#41 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 63
|
I would love to see Man Ray/Ray Fillet (why was his name changed?) make a return! He was definately my favorite of the bunch and was really the original when you think about it (issue #5)!!
Leatherhead would be my 2nd choice
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 42
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
|
I wouldn't mind seeing updated versions of the characters, but I wouldn't want them to become a team, and I especially wouldn't want them to call theirselves the Mutanimals. =p
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
|
I will gladly step in and defend Ace Duck. I had no idea some people hated this character. I find it foreign, only because of my love of the toy and character as a child.
There were probably three reasons why I loved Ace Duck as much as I did. I loved the mutants, I like ducks and lastly I wanted to be a pilot growing up. The fact that the turtles had a feathered friend who was also a pilot really appealed to me and I was deeply saddened that he never had an origin episode in the OT. I also preferred his mutant origin to his alien heritage in the Archie comics. It won't come as a surprise that the toy was a favourite, and that is where most of the love comes from, but I also liked the potential of the character. There's so much that I think you could do with that character if he was expanded upon. I often came up with scenarios of him joining the Mutanimals or helping the Punk Frogs down in Florida. Personally, I would love for Ace Duck to return whether it was in IDW or the new cartoon but there's obviously bias on my part because seriously my love for this character knows no bounds |
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Blathering blatherskite...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
|
It wouldn't be an duck-themed thread without Fenton Crackshell's famous catchphrase.
Anyway, if anyone has read Issue #9's letter column, the subject (the Mutanimals) was brought up in the first letter. Editor Bobby Curnow said to be rather receptive to the idea. (Yes, I know he is a member of the forum, so if he wishes to post and elaborate further, etc.) If one takes stock at editor-responses-in-letter-pages, it's a good sign or the closest we'll currently get to an official statement about the matter. |
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Space Knight
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
|
Regarding the Mutanimals, I'm going to repost an earlier post I made in another topic a few months back:
If IDW has a version of the Mutanimals, I would hope they were a ragtag team of mutant and alien misfits across the ethical spectrum who came together basically because no one else wanted them or they had no other place to go (perhaps have a fugitive, rogue soldier, thief, cop, naive bystander (think Sara in Vol. 3, etc.) and would be a companion mini or so focusing on how these individuals learn to trust one another and work as a team in the face of adversity. Alopex could become a member, and probably would. The world is many shades of grey; they don't have to be either. They may have to steal something to survive, take the odd job as mercs, and yeah probably help a poor soul in need. The Mutanimals main goal would be survival at all costs, which would inevitably put them in grey areas and have the effect of luring in more dangers.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 147
|
I would love to see them as a team or as individual characters. That would be awesome. I was a huge fan and bought those comics when I was younger!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
|
Quote:
Like Button!!!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
|
I guess the IDW mutanimals could be sort of the X-men of this universe. Since it looks like we're going to have more mutants in this universe anyway, I'm guessing not all of them will be masters of stealth so mutants will become known to the general population?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| comic discussion |
|
|