![]() |
|
|
#42 | |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 44
|
i think that the future volumes will cover more than three issues each. this current volume is only 3 issues because it is collecting the miniseries only. it makes sense to me for this to be collected in its own volume.
so there is no reason to assume this represents the length of any future tpb of the main series. i say ignore this trade and hope for a volume one of the main series that we can all appreciate and support. |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
That brings up another question: Should they do the first 4 issues which are rehashes of Return of the Shredder and The Incredible Shrinking Turtles, or just start with Man-Ray's intro issue?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
Considering the Eye of Sarnath and the Sons of Silence later in the series, those end up being necessary issues.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
it's fairly well recaped (and even slightly retconned) in the later issues. Heck, the nice ET like alien from the series and early issues becomes a slave master race who enslaved Sarnath's race....brutal.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#48 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
|
Quote:
I kind of like the faded look a little. Makes it maintain that older comic look. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
I would have bought it if they resized it to normal TPB size but if they left it mini then I see no point. They better release the others in proper size.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
|
wait a minute, what are you talking about 'mini'?I just got this booklaying next to me and it is the exact same size as the idw comics...I think it is a lovely little release by the way, I don't have the mirage tpb from a few years back...I like the paperquality, the fact that the covers are in the back and the low prize(7, 95 isn't too much for this...)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
Yeah the Mirage release was only 9 inches, most trades are 10.25 or so. If it's a full size then I might consider getting it. I hate mini trades. And yes an extra inch and quarter make a difference when storing a book on the shelf. They get slide behind the others too easily when they're smaller.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
|
this is awesome, i hope they release alot of the Archie series
__________________
https://www.twitch.tv/turtlepizzapower |
|
|
|
|
|
#54 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
|
okay, I realized what I have bought here is the 100 page spectacular which reprints the mini series...I love it...makes me feel good reading it
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
|
What happened to the cover? The 2009 one looks so much better.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
I think it's kinda funny that the image on the pinball machine is very similar to the cover picture.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#58 | |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
Quote:
Considering the thing is 8 bucks (the original being 11.95) I'm ok with it. (Woo! 4,000 Posts!) Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 04-29-2012 at 10:29 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| comic dicussion, comic discussion |
|
|