The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #41
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
If you want to sit here and eat whatever garbage you're spoon fed then that's fine.
One man's trash is another man's treasure...

Spitfire, I appreciate your opinion and really enjoy reading what you and others think. Some may like the show, others may not. I myself like what I see. Fans like you, who don't like what they are seeing, I believe help keep the community engaged in what I think are good discussions about what works and what doesn't. Some conversations turn ugly, but for the most part I really enjoy reading what some may or may not like about the property. Keep voicing that opinion!

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #42
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
It looks AWESOME!!!! great find dude! the voices are great, the animation is great, and i could see what they were talking about when the said anime elements! cant wait to see this!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #43
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
I really dig the voices, especially Raphael's. I never would have guessed that was Sean Astin.
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #44
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
really nice, a bit too much anime imo. But its looks nice, I just found out about this trailer here at work where we don't have sound, so I'll watch it again tonight at home
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #45
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i liked when he voiced raph " okay who's next?" it's 2k3 raphy boy raph...but when he said" sounds weird when u say it" wow it just so nerdy... totally OT girly raph... leo's voice is kinda different from 2k3 too but its tolerable... mikey and donnies voice r pretty good pretty in character, tho.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #46
Filespit
Hench Mutant
 
Filespit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 424
I am definitely liking what I'm seeing, but I won't give a full judgment until the first episode has aired. Does anyone know if a date has been confirmed? I like the animation, it looks good and I'm sure it'll work. The voice cast sounds great as well, never could've guessed it was Sean Astin as Raph. However, I'm slightly worried the show will be a bit too kiddish. I hope they don't ruin the show and the characters with this. Guess we'll find out eventually!
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #47
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Well, I guess it is time for me to awaken from my slumber.

The overall vibe I got from it was "Kung Fu Panda" which isn't a bad thing at all. Hearing Paulsen voice Don is a bit off putting, but there's a lot of potential here.

I just hope they over-kiddified it for the first promo to hook the children, while secretly producing a more mature show in line with Legend of Korra.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #48
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Aaaaaaand now I'm going to get it from you. Thanks!!

Yeah, just because I like it means I'm just liking what's being 'spoonfed' to me. I like what's being shown, how is that different from you NOT liking what you're being shown? Anyway, you can keep trying to convince us it's not up to tv's standards.

I guess I'm just an idiot for liking something. If I want to sound smart, I must say I don't like it. You know, show people I'm not with the majority.
Actually I wasn't trying to say that at all. People like to give each other crap for their opinions around here and that was me taking my turn at it. No one is a moron for liking this, nor are they for disliking it. I merely said my line about spoon feeding crap not in reference to this but anytime something comes out people get way too excited and then are let down that much harder when it turns out to be...well crap. And crap comes in many forms. Like what happened with the NECA line or the Playmates comic line, or in my opinion BTTS.

I've learned to never over excite myself, and sadly it's made me overly critical. Like I said this show has a chance to blow my socks off, damn it I hope it does, but right now that trailer didn't make me want to do an Irish jig. It has nothing to prove to me. If kids like it and Nick makes money then all the power to them for it. What an old fan thinks doesn't really matter.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #49
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
lol yea i saw kungfu panda in this trailer too. it's a good movie, very inspiring.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #50
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
I had to snag it from you and get it up on Youtube!

Thanks for grabbing it off the EW site, I couldn't get it.

-ms
Oh, you silly pirates, you!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #51
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
if you pause at the right time towards the end when donatallo says booyakasha, you could see metalhead's leg, and he is standing in front of Don. also, leo is holding a kraang android body when mikey says "sounds weird when he says it" This show is going to be AWESOME!!!!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #52
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
Just scoped this. It looks fun. The turtle illustrations in the beginning are stellar. I like how the turtles are animated. Raph's voice is kind of ****, but I guess thats what you get when you cast a ****ing Goonie who isn't Corey Feldman.

Looks neat. I'm sure kids will really like it, which is what's important, right?
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #53
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i'm sure lots raph's fan will comlain to astin abt his sometimes pitchy voice too...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #54
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
Haven't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or not (and I hope I'm not), but that...was...AWESOME! Yeah, it's very kidish, but you know what? I enjoy that. The show I grew up and loved was rather "kidish" too, so this works for me.

My worries about the voices are now completely gone. Just going off of the trailer, I'm loving Mikey's voice the most. I have to admit, he's pronouncing booyakasha differently than I thought it was pronounced. Though this way actually makes it sound a bit cooler.

I love the bits of comic book action thrown in there. I was a little worried when I first heard about that element of the show, but I definitely like how it's been executed.

What I'm taking to be the theme song, or at least a part of it, sounds really good. It's kind of hard to hear, but I'm confident that the voices repeatedly saying Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles say heroes in a half-shell there towards the end...Anybody else hear it?
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #55
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i like mikey's voice too...but i dont like when raph say "sounds weird when u say it" with that pitch voice...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #56
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Wow...amazing!

I am so pumped for this show. Love the animation, loved the voices except Donnie - I don't think I like Rob P as him but I have to give it more time and hear more from it.

Also loved the Beatles name drop - he knows what he's doing!

Mikey sounds the best, all bias aside.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #57
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
I like it. Looks like it'll be a tad wackier than the 4Kids cartoon, which is great as that show took itself far too seriously sometimes. Having fun with an already wacky concept is all I ask for from TMNT.

Mikey gets the most screentime and proper display of character in the trailer. Would have liked to have seen more of Splinter besides the comic book-esque origin, but I like that he was kicking MIB ass in Yoshi form
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #58
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
looks like most people agree on mikey's voice is good.
but i really think astin should practice a bit more coz he does not sound tough enough sometimes.
maybe, he just wants to be different from 2k3 raphs voice, but it should be done at the cost of driving raph out of character.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #59
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
I like it. Looks to be a lotta fun. I think it's way too early for nitpicking, though.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #60
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I liked this trailer they posted better
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/21/se...clusive-video/
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.