The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
They're starting to fade in the background with foot ninjas.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hun was a much better character than Dogpound/Fishface. He starts off as Shredder's second in command and then takes control of the Purple Dragons himself after he finds out he's an Utrom.

Really what about Dogpound is interesting? Ever since he mutated he's just a big dog mutant who grunts and snarls. Had they kept him human he might have been more interesting.
yeah, and Hun did all of that in season 1 right? How bout you come back after season 2 or 3 and say what you think about Dogpound and Fishface then.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
yeah, and Hun did all of that in season 1 right? How bout you come back after season 2 or 3 and say what you think about Dogpound and Fishface then.
I'll agree Hun was one-dimensional in the first season, but his character improved tremendously in the following. Seasons 3 and 4 were the highpoint.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #44
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
They're starting to fade in the background with foot ninjas.
That's one thing that bugs me in this series, Foot Ninja's are a joke. While in 2K3 the Turtles struggled with them almost every time. I really missed that.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:39 AM   #45
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
That's one thing that bugs me in this series, Foot Ninja's are a joke. While in 2K3 the Turtles struggled with them almost every time. I really missed that.
Foot Ninjas aren't a joke, it's just that the Turtles are WAY Stronger now. Remember in Episode 4 when they struggled against them? By 'The Pulverizer Returns' the Turtles were just abolishing all of them because of their training.

I'm glad it is this way because it shows the progression of the Turtles strength unlike 2K3...
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #46
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Foot Ninjas aren't a joke, it's just that the Turtles are WAY Stronger now. Remember in Episode 4 when they struggled against them? By 'The Pulverizer Returns' the Turtles were just abolishing all of them because of their training.

I'm glad it is this way because it shows the progression of the Turtles strength unlike 2K3...
In 2k3 The Turtles were stronger than the Foot for awhile. In Season 2 they weren't really a threat to them and Shredder was easily batted away as opposed to other times. In Season 3 Leo brought up that they seemed tougher and even had to assist the others in a fight and the arsenal they packed was even more deadlier. Since The Foot is suppose to be their mortal enemies I actually like to see the Turtles struggle just a little with confrontation against them. Heck any episode after 4 they are swatted like flies, Progression? HA! The only real threat at this point to them is Karai and Shredder the rest of them are falling into mediocrity.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 AM   #47
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Not really impressed with the ninjas in 2k3, because alien technology and ancient Japanese magic got involved.

So when they pulled that disappearing trick against Leo, I wasn't wowed by their abilities and annoyed they're practically cheating.

As for Dogpound and Fishface, they're alright, it's just the kraang took most of the attention in season 1 so the Foot ninja aspect was quietly placed in the background.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #48
Ch'redder
Random Punk
 
Ch'redder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Dogpound is meh. Fishface is cool.
Ch'redder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #49
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 410
They're okay I guess.

It would be nice though instead of two mutant henchmen, but three... but mutated ninjas.

- A wolf
- A spider monkey
&
- A chameleon
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #50
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
They're okay I guess.

It would be nice though instead of two mutant henchmen, but three... but mutated ninjas.

- A wolf
- A spider monkey
&
- A chameleon
You're gonna love tiger Claw
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #51
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
I'd rather have had Bebop and Rocksteady.
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove873 View Post
I'd rather have had Bebop and Rocksteady.
been there, done that. time for something new.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #53
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'll agree Hun was one-dimensional in the first season, but his character improved tremendously in the following. Seasons 3 and 4 were the highpoint.
Yeah, Seasons 3 and 4. That's a long way from S1, I'm sure Dogpound and Fishface will be just as interesting by that point.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #54
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
I still think they should have stayed human. But hey, action figures.
agreed. I like Xever and Bradford better than Dogpound and Fishface.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #55
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
agreed. I like Xever and Bradford better than Dogpound and Fishface.
Why? There're the same characters.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #56
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Why? There're the same characters.
Like I said in my post, Xever and Bradford seemed much better fighters in their human form and were much more interesting to watch fight. Now that they are transformed, Dogpound especially is unable to use any of the martial arts that he was so good at as Bradford. He's just a big buffoon now who is so large he can't hit much of anything.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #57
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
True, but Xever can still fight with his legs, and his teeth are venomous. What's not to love about that?
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #58
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove873 View Post
I'd rather have had Bebop and Rocksteady.
I like Bebop and Rocksteady but I don't think they need to be in every Incarnation of TMNT. It wouldn't bother me if they were unique to the 80's series.

Dog Pound and Fishface are definitely more competent than Bebop and Rocksteady even if they aren't much more successful. I like them well enough, but I tend to prefer Dog Pound's design over Fishface's. I don't really know why.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #59
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 579
I liked them as humans better, but my biggest complaint is that they both accepted their mutations too well. In "The Gauntlet" they were writhing in pain as they were mutated, and the next time we see them they were basically ok with what had happened, as if they had been mutated for years. They went from dangerous humans to basically mutated punchlines.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,778
I think I might get bored of them if they stay Shredder's henchmen for the whole show. They don't have that long lasting appeal Bebop/Rocksteady did.

Also Nick's Shredder would never allow these two to keep failing him all the time, unlike OT Shredder who always forgave Bebop/Rocksteady.

For that reason alone I see Nick Shredder booting them out at some point, and them going off on their own.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dogpound, fishface


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.