The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2003, 05:16 AM   #41
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Didn't even remember that thread... Well you can certailny see that they were going for more cartoony look. Still, it never was the suits that bothered me in the movie.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:40 AM   #42
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I think the new cartoon is more childish then the second movie..and we all seem to like it...right?
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #43
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
I think the new cartoon is more childish then the second movie..and we all seem to like it...right?
More childish? Well not going to argue with you. Just going to say that watch the movie again.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 11:21 AM   #44
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Quote:
Not this again...The sequal might be off balance but i don't see anything bad in it. sure it contains Comedy but nothing wrong to me. If it did awful howcome on the back of my VHS Box said better than the First.
Because that is someone's opinion. Doesn't mean they're right, doesn't mean some of us are wrong. They feel it's the best, but it doesn't mean it IS the best. Though of course anyone who does think it's the best has the perfect right to that and I don't see anyone getting bashed for that belief.

Quote:
I don't mind Keno at all. I guess the movie needed someone pasides danny to be the Kid charater. Nothing wrong with a Japenese Kid in it.
Please don't bring up race. I never said there was anything wrong with having a Japenese kid in the movie. I think it could've been a really good move it's just that Keno didn't do anything for me. He had (IMHO) no personality or point. I don't like him, he was a waste of space. The writer's could've brought in a really cool kid character with the whole Japenese/Martial Arts background and given him a bit of depth, yet we got Keno instead.

Quote:
Tokka and Rahzar, yes two dumb Mutated animal they don't bother me ether so some of you might as well let that past.
No sorry I won't "let it pass". I strongly dislike Tokka and Rahzar and I'll say so as often as I like. Free speech and all that.

Quote:
When I first saw the movie on Video I didn't even know who Vanilla Ice is.
Nothing wrong with that. *shrugs*

Quote:
i don't care what you you what's wrong with the sequal, They are still my favorite. and there's no Wrong thing about it.
YOU think there is nothing wrong with it, *I* think it sucks. We'll have to agree to disagree here and except each other's opinions. I think it's cool you can enjoy the movie, that's great, but it's just not my thing and I'd rather have seen another movie like the 1st if there HAD to have been a sequel. But whatever, it got made, it is like it is, and nothing can be done about it. It's just good to rant sometimes that's all.
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:27 PM   #45
Quiller-Bee
Hench Mutant
 
Quiller-Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Hive - Quadrant 2, Sector 7
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
I think the new cartoon is more childish then the second movie..and we all seem to like it...right?

__________________
May you get to Heaven an hour before the Devil knows you're dead.
Quiller-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 03:31 AM   #46
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TetsuDeinonychus
To me, the failure of TMNT2 was it's attempt to combine two completely different TMNT stories:

--The appearence of Rocksteady and Bebop from the old cartoon.

--The Utrom saga from the comics

The problem was that this fusion contained neither Bebop and Rocksteady, nor the Utroms!

Personally those two stories wouldn't have fused that well anyway.
That was always my biggest problem with the film. I remember as a kid wondering why the hell Tokka and Rahzar where there, and why there was no Bebop or Rocksteady -_-

Plus, I had already read some of the Mirage TMNT by this time, and Didn't Understand why
A: TCRI became TGRI
B: Why were there no Utroms in the TGRI bulding.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 07:04 AM   #47
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGirl21
Quote:
I don't mind Keno at all. I guess the movie needed someone pasides danny to be the Kid charater. Nothing wrong with a Japenese Kid in it.
Please don't bring up race. I never said there was anything wrong with having a Japenese kid in the movie. I think it could've been a really good move it's just that Keno didn't do anything for me. He had (IMHO) no personality or point. I don't like him, he was a waste of space. The writer's could've brought in a really cool kid character with the whole Japenese/Martial Arts background and given him a bit of depth, yet we got Keno instead.
Piff.. I liked Keno as a character. Made the movie a little more worthwhile to watch! What blew it for me was Vanilla Ice. *shudder*

Of course, I didn't realize the whole ploy that Ernie Reyes father had staged just so his son could get an acting part until a year or so ago. Oh... and I dunno if it really matters for the movie or not, but Ernie is actually Phillipino.

But yeah... TMNT2 is just for the kiddies. Gimmie TMNT1 anyday!
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 08:38 AM   #48
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by TetsuDeinonychus
To me, the failure of TMNT2 was it's attempt to combine two completely different TMNT stories:

--The appearence of Rocksteady and Bebop from the old cartoon.

--The Utrom saga from the comics

The problem was that this fusion contained neither Bebop and Rocksteady, nor the Utroms!

Personally those two stories wouldn't have fused that well anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunger_kittie
That was always my biggest problem with the film. I remember as a kid wondering why the hell Tokka and Rahzar where there, and why there was no Bebop or Rocksteady -_-

Plus, I had already read some of the Mirage TMNT by this time, and Didn't Understand why
A: TCRI became TGRI
B: Why were there no Utroms in the TGRI bulding.
I can fill that one for ya. At the time they made the movie, there actually was a company called TCRI, so they couldn't use those initials or else there would be a great deal of legal problems.
As for the Utroms, it was obvious that they couldn't be used since they looked a great deal like Krang.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:28 PM   #49
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
I think the new cartoon is more childish then the second movie..and we all seem to like it...right?
That's like saying saving private ryan is more childish then dude wheres my car?
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 05:48 PM   #50
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGirl21
Quote:
Not this again...The sequal might be off balance but i don't see anything bad in it. sure it contains Comedy but nothing wrong to me. If it did awful howcome on the back of my VHS Box said better than the First.
Because that is someone's opinion. Doesn't mean they're right, doesn't mean some of us are wrong. They feel it's the best, but it doesn't mean it IS the best. Though of course anyone who does think it's the best has the perfect right to that and I don't see anyone getting bashed for that belief.

Quote:
I don't mind Keno at all. I guess the movie needed someone pasides danny to be the Kid charater. Nothing wrong with a Japenese Kid in it.
Please don't bring up race. I never said there was anything wrong with having a Japenese kid in the movie. I think it could've been a really good move it's just that Keno didn't do anything for me. He had (IMHO) no personality or point. I don't like him, he was a waste of space. The writer's could've brought in a really cool kid character with the whole Japenese/Martial Arts background and given him a bit of depth, yet we got Keno instead.

Quote:
Tokka and Rahzar, yes two dumb Mutated animal they don't bother me ether so some of you might as well let that past.
No sorry I won't "let it pass". I strongly dislike Tokka and Rahzar and I'll say so as often as I like. Free speech and all that.

Quote:
When I first saw the movie on Video I didn't even know who Vanilla Ice is.
Nothing wrong with that. *shrugs*

Quote:
i don't care what you you what's wrong with the sequal, They are still my favorite. and there's no Wrong thing about it.
YOU think there is nothing wrong with it, *I* think it sucks. We'll have to agree to disagree here and except each other's opinions. I think it's cool you can enjoy the movie, that's great, but it's just not my thing and I'd rather have seen another movie like the 1st if there HAD to have been a sequel. But whatever, it got made, it is like it is, and nothing can be done about it. It's just good to rant sometimes that's all.
Other people like me have different thoughts. Man maybe shredder should of died in part 3 and part 3 would have a different plot.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:44 PM   #51
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur
 
Tetsu Deinonychus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Studio Snowlion HQ
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael
I can fill that one for ya. At the time they made the movie, there actually was a company called TCRI, so they couldn't use those initials or else there would be a great deal of legal problems.
As for the Utroms, it was obvious that they couldn't be used since they looked a great deal like Krang.
I would tell the "real" TCRI to go fornicate with themselves, because TCRI is what it's called in the comic and the comic came before the company! If anything TCRI should have the legal problems!

Also, I think they should have thrown the "Krang-thing" to the wind, and used the Utroms! I mean, it wasn't a problem when they used a closer to the comic origin story for the first movie.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #52
Donatello007
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Putnam, CT
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
I think the new cartoon is more childish then the second movie..and we all seem to like it...right?
I dont know about that. I definately think that the new cartoon is oriented to more of an older audience than the 2nd movie and the old toon. It was probably designed for like 7 to 12 year olds where as the old one and the movie was probably for a slightly younger audience. (Even though people of all ages watch all of these)
__________________

myspace
Donatello007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 12:18 PM   #53
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
Personally even as a kid i seemed to prefer the original better, but at the time i still enjoyed it even if i didn't like it as much. Now i can see that the second film is pretty awful though. I can't even watch it anymore its too kid oriented with none of the things that made the 1st great. I mean the 1st had good humor that wasn't forced or too silly, decent action, and good story. I don't think the first movie is all that violent(no blood, no death, Leo, Raph, and even Mikey really dont even use their weapons except for defense), the only thing parents really could've complained about is the language.

The first movie is far more superior IMO i still have the VHS and plan on getting the dvd; i just saw it again yesterday and it still holds up pretty well after all these years. I never even bothered with tmnt 2.
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 12:22 PM   #54
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Same with me, Liked it as a kid, don't really want to watch it anymore. And no, The first movie isn't very violent, but it seems it was to violent for some parents. Most of the weapon use takes place in the battle with Shredder, they show how Leo hit Shredder's arm etc.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 12:29 PM   #55
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
There was death in the movie though. Remember the backflash when Saki killed Yoshi and Teng Shen? I can definitly see how that could've upset parents.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:23 PM   #56
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
True, and It was pretty graphical.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:13 PM   #57
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
I think the new cartoon is more childish then the second movie..and we all seem to like it...right?
That's like saying saving private ryan is more childish then dude wheres my car?
No its not. The new cartoon is for children just like the second movie. Did you see the promo for the new episodes on fox? It jokingly says how serious they are...then it says they aren't so serious.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:17 PM   #58
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
It's is suitable for children, not made for them. There is a big diffrence. And this is not even something that can be debated about. Same with Batman TAS, Beyond and JLA for example.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #59
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Quote:
There is a big diffrence. And this is not even something that can be debated about. Same with Batman TAS
I'd actually say that some of B:TAS is certainly not suitable for kids. Some episodes, mainly the early ones, are VERY graphic for a cartoon, especially in the violence department. The storylines were also heavy handed and nothing was dumbed down.

To see what I mean check out the amazing two-parter episode "Two Face" if you can.
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 03:14 PM   #60
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Heh I have watched the whole series. Here it aired Saturday mornings. I still say it's suitable for children, if a villain falls down from a roof, the camera instantly shows how he lands on a tree and that kind of stuff. So it was dumbed down.

New TMNT has had the few deaths to, altough the death blow is never shown. A fun detail I noticed was that in Shredder Strikes back part 1, when to foot retreat and fall of a roof, the don't show any miracle save.

I think both are suitable for children, but Batman TAS does more mature themes. Beyond would probably be better for comparison.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.