The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #41
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
That's why I usually enjoy HISHE because they make me see an angle I hadn't thought about.
I never thought about the fact that Splinter never learned how to actually read.

I never thought about how this was exactly like Amazing Spider-Man (didn't like that movie either).

So HISHE did their job again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I never thought about the fact that Splinter never learned how to actually read.
Now, while it did occur to me a while ago -- that, while maybe fluent in English due to locale it's hard to explain why he could be able to read (and presumably write?) English, let alone teach it to the Turtles -- something however only recently pointed out to me that the flipping ninja BOOK was not in English. So they learned Japanese from the book too?? I know there were pictures, but come on. (As if the book would even touch on what a hagosha is...)



Oh dear... they ever visit Japan and try to speak to anyone in Japanese they will so obviously be pegged as Americans immediately.


It's funny, I haven't seen that Spider Man movie, but some weeks ago I'd gone into the kitchen and I believe someone had it on the tv. I didn't even check to see if it WAS that movie, but there was the dialogue in some lab scene that sounded so familiar that it had to be.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-18-2015 at 03:03 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #43
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 'merica
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
So in other words you don't like how they reveal this movie had LOTS of flaws in it.
THEY aren't revealing anything new at all...That's why I didn't think it was funny. I thought the impressions were pretty spot on as they usually are. Again, NOTHING original in the video, which is probably because they used Andre as a writer. He's not funny and unoriginal. They have mocked a bunch of movies I really like, and I laugh at all of them... This movie is far from flawless, but this HISHE doesn't make any new points or jokes. I'm not defending the TMNT movie in anyway, but those who hate the movie SO badly can't see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
That's it that's the one.
Nope, you are wrong once again.
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:03 PM   #44
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
This movie is far from flawless, but this HISHE doesn't make any new points or jokes.
We're TMNT fans. We've completely and thoroughly mocked and ridiculed it from beginning to end, criticized every flaw and mistake it has. You can't expect the HISHE guys to suddenly bring something new to the table for us.

For the general audience these all were probably new ideas for them. They just left the movie thinking "boy, that sucked" without completely knowing or caring about why it sucked. Hell, they'd probably forgotten that this movie even exists by now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:10 PM   #45
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
That was hilarious.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #46
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
Nope, you are wrong once again.
Lolololkay
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #47
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 'merica
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
We're TMNT fans. We've completely and thoroughly mocked and ridiculed it from beginning to end, criticized every flaw and mistake it has. You can't expect the HISHE guys to suddenly bring something new to the table for us.

For the general audience these all were probably new ideas for them. They just left the movie thinking "boy, that sucked" without completely knowing or caring about why it sucked. Hell, they'd probably forgotten that this movie even exists by now.
Ok? I didn't think it was funny. I am not the general audience, the opinion in which I own, is that I didn't think it was funny. Also, they usually create these very quickly after a movie is released, and can't help but notice this is out of the norm for them, since the movie was released last summer.

And I actually do think if the HISHE people were 100% responsible for it, this would have been funny. Andre is not funny. He repeats the same things over and over, and he exaggerates and also makes no sense a lot of the time. For someone who is a self proclaimed nerd he sure is clueless on a lot of nerdy things. I actually said "Well that makes perfect sense" when I saw the writing credit at the end. If you like his brand of humor good for you, I simply stated it wasn't funny to me, and now I'm on trial....you people are hilarious....a lot more funny than Andre.
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #48
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
and now I'm on trial
Careful, don't trip on that cross!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #49
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
If there's going to be a trial, can I be the judge?
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #50
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 'merica
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Careful, don't trip on that cross!
I'm an athiest, so I don't get the reference. Also, glad to see you still have no regards for context. Or take obvious jokes and try and make them serious statements.
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #51
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #52
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Even the simplest of threads can turn into a big fight. You guys are all crazy.

And if there's gonna be a trial, I call being the jury. Just me.

Incidentally, I liked how the HISHE guys copied Bay's trademark goofy lens-flash effect for the night scene at the beginning.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:59 PM   #53
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
At some point it's kinda like listening to...



If there's a trial, then I'll be the person who changes the channel, because clearly this is one of those tv court shows.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #54
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #55
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
I'm an athiest, so I don't get the reference. Also, glad to see you still have no regards for context. Or take obvious jokes and try and make them serious statements.
You're an atheist so that makes you dense?

Reference to martyrdom, bruh.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #56
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
I get disappointed when Batman ISN'T in one of their videos, so maybe you are the only one.

Do you know how many movies have similar plots? I don't understand why TMNT is treated like the ONLY movie to ever have similar plot points to other movies. And SOME of it is true, but it's old and not funny anymore, it's unoriginal. That's why I usually enjoy HISHE because they make me see an angle I hadn't thought about. In this one, thanks to Andre (I'm not going to refer to him by his stupid nickname, because it's ridiculous to think he's the only black nerd, or that it's abnormal to think a black person is a nerd) the content is flat, not funny and like he accuses the movie of doing, he stole all the jokes from about 299843345 other people.
dude grow a sense of humor
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #57
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
"Oooh, tension. It's been like thirty whole minutes since you had this conversation."[/Mikey 2k14]
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:51 PM   #58
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
dude grow a sense of humor
That would require him admitting the movie sucks. He'd never do that.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #59
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
I'm an athiest, so I don't get the reference. Also, glad to see you still have no regards for context. Or take obvious jokes and try and make them serious statements.
I'm also an atheist, and I totally got that joke.
Strange.

This may have been the best HISHE ever.

In other news, the new Star Wars Trailer was amazing, and Daredevil and Deadpool give me hope that some day we'll see TMNT given it's due.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:41 PM   #60
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I'm also an atheist, and I totally got that joke.
Strange.

This may have been the best HISHE ever.

In other news, the new Star Wars Trailer was amazing, and Daredevil and Deadpool give me hope that some day we'll see TMNT given it's due.
Man the whole time I was watching Daredevil I was just...lamenting. I was lamenting the fact that it'll be a good 10-15 years MAYBE before we get a TMNT that looks anything like that.

And how perfect would it be? The tone could be exactly the same as Daredevil but you could still have the joke-cracking pizza-eating guys we love, long as it's well-written obviously.

Imagine an Oroku Saki played the same as Kingpin. You feel the same tension and dread when he's on screen, but in a different way. In a deadly, bladed ninja type way.

UGGHHHH. F*ck man. What could have been.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.