![]() |
|
|
#41 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
As someone with no knowledge of these characters, it really looks like any generic sci-fi movie to me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
I'm looking forward to it, I know nothing about the Eternals, But since its a new marvel team, I can't wait to see what they will offer. The trailer says they never interfered, So it will be interesting to see how they explain why they weren't around when Thanos showed up and wiped out half of the population.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,386
|
Could this possibly be how they bring in Galactus? Or foreshadow him or something? That's about the only reason I'd care about this without knowing more.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
I heard in the Comics Thanos was a Deviant, But in the MCU he's a Titan.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
Quote:
In the comics the Titanians are Eternals. A group of them that left Earth to live on Titan which in the comics is actually Jupiter's Moon Titan rather than another planet far from Earth. Comic Thanos is a Titan too but through a genetic quirk was born to look like a Deviant. He looks like Darkseid but is actually a rejigged version of Orion. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,023
|
I've seen some "leaks" on 4Chan that someone keeps posting but I don't know if it is genuine or just some guy who keeps posting BS for fun.
Anyway be warned in case it turns out to be real: Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 | |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
Quote:
Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,023
|
It would not surpise me if they actually went ahead and made Galactus a Celestial for the MCU. Having more than one type of cosmic giant in tech armor who has been around since the start of the universe, is exactly the type thing the MCU tries to avoid as hard as it can, multiple similar but distinct concepts is something they really don't want. It's why the Cosmic Cube and the Eye of Agamotto are Infinity Stones, having multiple artifacts of ultimate power seems to be something they consider too confusing. They have already made Ego a Celestial and Ego barely has any similarities to the Celestials.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
|
This looks boring as all f*ck |
|
|
|
|
|
#50 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,386
|
I ask this earnestly... is anyone excited for this movie? Have you heard of people excited for this movie?
I should add... is anyone excited for this movie... that is excited for ONLY the movie itself/its characters and not things that MIGHT be in the movie (setting up Galactus and the stage for the Fantastic Four movie or such)? Because I don't know of anybody at all. I definitely plan on seeing it but I'm neither stoked about it or have any ill will towards it. It's just "the latest MCU movie" to me, and I suspect most out there. I suspect it will only do a little better than Shang-Chi numbers, and probably only because of Jolie. Better on the long haul if there ends up being good word of mouth.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
I would have no idea the movie even exists if I didn't browse forums like this, that's for sure.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,839
|
Zero excitement for this movie. I'd only want to see it to see giant Celestials doing stuff or the possibility that they'd have the Quantum Bands or Quasar show up, which I think is a chance ZERO.
I would have been interested because Makkari was a hardcore supporting character in Quasar volume 1, but they literally race/gender/disability swapped Makkari. It's woke $#!(, so I'm out. On that note I think they race or orientation swapped close to ever character in this movie. I think the perception of this movie for those in the know about the source material is that the Eternals is the apex of Marvel's woke $#!( agenda so far. |
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
|
According to MCU fans (casuals) jack Kirby sucks and the marvel studios is fixing the crappy comics https://twitter.com/BrettThousand/st...yYjsjx5wQ&s=19
|
|
|
|
|
|
#54 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,839
|
Quote:
And look how well they supported Black Widow and Shang Chi. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
|
Those aren't MCU fans, they're deranged users of Twitter. Stay away from there, son.
It's like calling Charles Manson a "Honey Nut Cheerio's fan". Leave the cheerios out of it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#56 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
The Red Carpet Premiere is on now.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
|
Major spoiler has leaked
Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#58 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
|
meh, he's a nobody in the comics i didn't even know he existed, are we supposed to only care because of his relationship with thanos? because casuals don't know comics and will automatically think he's cool because of that?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#59 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,839
|
Quote:
I would actually say that out of all of the D-List characters this movie is comprised of, that Eros is probably the most widely known. He had more of a presence in the Avengers book that any of the "Eternals" characters had across most of the Marvel U across time. Eros became used in print a bit more around the time they were filling the Avengers book with a D-Lister team like Black Knight and Dr. Druid. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#60 | |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Quote:
Honestly, I'd say Sirsi or Thena would be better known. At least to the comic fandom at large. Eros is one I'd look at and go "the Greek god?" Rather than an Eternal.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| gay |
|
|