The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How'd you like this for a (mostly) clip show?
Gotta love Family time... 18 35.29%
Not bad, but as Splinter said, "Even I cannot produce Miracles..." 7 13.73%
'What you talkin' bout, Willis?" 14 27.45%
Come on, this was Lame! 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2004, 03:37 PM   #41
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Ah... I didn't think it was that bad for a clip show. I did like how they narrated the clips. That made it more interesting.

But by far, my favorite parts were at the beginning and end, when they're sitting there, talking.

Everyone already said my favorite lines of the show. Some of those were great.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 03:45 PM   #42
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior
 
Demonfox38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 531
lol, Casey needs Anger Mangement.

It was again kind of boring, but the conversations were worthwhile. (Is it me, or did they animate Splinter a lot thinner this time around?)
Demonfox38 is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 04:01 PM   #43
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower
what do you mean? The TMNT cartoon is one of the most popular things out there right now.
I meant for the CLIP SHOW Sherlock
ZariusTwo is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 05:04 PM   #44
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonfox38
(Is it me, or did they animate Splinter a lot thinner this time around?)
I didn't notice, he's always had a perfect rat shape body.

I think he just tie'in his robe a little.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 05:13 PM   #45
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
You know, for a clip show, this one was pretty good. Sometimes when shows so them, the parts inbetween the old clips are lacking, since they're just there to give an excuse as to why they're just showing clips. I like how they actually had substance to them, from the training (we got to see their eyes again! *melts*), to April and Casey, to figuring out how Shredder was connected to them.

I also got a kick out of the T-files showed this morning. Mikey hitting himself in the face with pies. *shakes her head*
Kali is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 06:10 PM   #46
terran631
The Defender of Splinter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Third Rock from the Sun
Posts: 3,948
I must say...for a clip show it wasnt half bad. especially if you're like me and have been able to see the show only about half the time. I completely missed the whole Triceraton thing...(figures they wouldnt show clips of that) And several other episodes before and after that. But I liked the training stuff. The whole pulling on the mask thing amuses me. Guess Splinter needs something to yank on with them not having any visible ears.
__________________
terran631 is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 06:23 PM   #47
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Watch out for the gram crackers!
Stone Ill is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 06:32 PM   #48
Stefano
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 762
when they flashed back to the shredder strikes part one it had shredder talk about how he learned from his master and they learned from their master, in the original i think it said something about generation after generation. Ill have to check but i think they did change it
__________________
Leo: Your reign of terror is over Stockman!
Mike: have you been practicing that?
Leo: You like it?

Utrom: this says ritc sir, and its written in crayon sir!
Something wicked this way comes
Mr. Show is the best!
Stefano is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #49
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
I agree with Terran *kicks Terran* and Kali, this was an excellent quality clip show. The trainging, their eyes, Mike and his gamedude, April blushing , and so much more...



Somebody had BETTER get some screencaps of this!
Machias Banshee is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 07:08 PM   #50
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
I'm still quite confused with the pupil thing.

Without the masks, they have pupils. Yet, when the put them on, they are gone. But as we already have seen, where the eyes go, those are just oridinary holes.

What's the dillio?
Stone Ill is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 07:26 PM   #51
PanMan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano
when they flashed back to the shredder strikes part one it had shredder talk about how he learned from his master and they learned from their master, in the original i think it said something about generation after generation. Ill have to check but i think they did change it
yeah it also seemed to me that they changed a few things from the clips. not sure if it was the speech or the animation, but it looked different (and don't say it was because they cut some parts, because i know that already )
__________________
My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man!

[February 19, 2005] I believe that The Shredder will appear in the New Cartoon past Season 3
PanMan is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #52
TalonMC
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Ill
I'm still quite confused with the pupil thing.

Without the masks, they have pupils. Yet, when the put them on, they are gone. But as we already have seen, where the eyes go, those are just oridinary holes.

What's the dillio?
I've always justified it as an innate ability that the Turtles have... they can "whiten" out their eyes at will. Makes 'em look much more intimidating. And hey, if Gargoyles can do it...

Also on the subject of pupils... Has anyone ever noticed that during the opening credits of the show, Shredder has pupils, but in the actual episodes, his eyes are always solid red? Again, I think the solid colored eyes look *much* better. It's just an all-around cool look.

-MC
__________________
MC's HeroClix - Everyone has Heroes...

Messenger: [email protected]
AOL/AIM: TalonMC
TalonMC is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 07:29 PM   #53
lhb412
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 246
It's just the art style, whan Batman holds his mask up, it doesn't have any white filters over the eyes, just ordinary holes.

In other words, ypu have to just forget reality a little for the sake of something that looks cool.


As for the epp, I was dissapointed it was just a clip show, but the begening (the trippy "every villian we ever faced" thing) and seeing the TMNT without their masks made it worthwhile. Besides, you need slow eppisodes like this for the sake of the characters; you don't want them hurdled through space or fighting exterestrial ninjitsu masters ( who, I might add, despite having advanded technology, prefers to stab enemies to death with blades) every single week, give 'em a break
__________________
"Sorry I'm late. I was out saving your life, in the future!" - Space Ghost
lhb412 is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 07:34 PM   #54
PanMan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Ill
I'm still quite confused with the pupil thing.

Without the masks, they have pupils. Yet, when the put them on, they are gone. But as we already have seen, where the eyes go, those are just oridinary holes.

What's the dillio?
I've always justified it as an innate ability that the Turtles have... they can "whiten" out their eyes at will. Makes 'em look much more intimidating. And hey, if Gargoyles can do it...

Also on the subject of pupils... Has anyone ever noticed that during the opening credits of the show, Shredder has pupils, but in the actual episodes, his eyes are always solid red? Again, I think the solid colored eyes look *much* better. It's just an all-around cool look.

-MC
i think the shredder thing is like that because they originally wanted to give him pupils, but then thought better of it. and they just didn't change the opening because they probably think it's not worth it for such a small detail.
__________________
My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man!

[February 19, 2005] I believe that The Shredder will appear in the New Cartoon past Season 3
PanMan is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 07:35 PM   #55
TalonMC
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanMan
i think the shredder thing is like that because they originally wanted to give him pupils, but then thought better of it. and they just didn't change the opening because they probably think it's not worth it for such a small detail.
I'm sure that's all it is. It's just something I noticed and wanted to nit pick.

-MC
__________________
MC's HeroClix - Everyone has Heroes...

Messenger: [email protected]
AOL/AIM: TalonMC
TalonMC is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #56
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
I also got a kick out of the T-files showed this morning. Mikey hitting himself in the face with pies. *shakes her head*
Aw, the only one I saw was the Don one. (Which, I was happy enough to see anyway) But I wish I'd seen the others. The only other one I've seen was the April one awhile ago.

I'd really like to get those on the DVDs.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #57
Gokhan
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: portsmouth, virginia
Posts: 307
which movie has th eone wit donatello i want to buy it
Gokhan is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #58
Sakirules
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
They should be proud of that, cause who would wanna ever be like Leo. I still don't like that character.
And why is that may I ask? He's the best of fighters
Sakirules is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 10:14 PM   #59
Mars-Chan
I'LL BE THE HERO!!!!
 
Mars-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Practicing Alchemy in Risembool
Posts: 6,297
I MISSED THE THING WITH THE PIES?!?!


Ah, spoot. *kicks a rock away from her foot*


Anyways...I liked the episode today. The wrestling at the end was classic and what Casey said made me LMAO so hard. "PILE ON!!!" Seeing the boys and Case wrestle....*sighs*....ah....that's the stuff that fictions are made of.

*long pause* Wait a minute... *bolts*
__________________

*clings to award* THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! *cries in joy*

RED DAAAAAAAAAAAAWWN!!!!
PROUD Member of the Risembool Rangers!
(icon made by bakergirl69 on glitter-graphics)
Mars-Chan is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 10:52 PM   #60
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars
I MISSED THE THING WITH THE PIES?!?!
Ah, spoot. *kicks a rock away from her foot*
LOL! Yep. It was called "Lessons" if I remember correctly. Splinter was talking about how tasks like farming, clearing bamboo, and baking pastries, built up the skills needed to be a true ninja. The pie thing was funny, the lesson was supposed to be to "deal with the unexpected" or something like that. So Raph stuffs a pie in Mikey's face. Mikey decides he likes this, and starts hitting himself with the pies.

They better put these files on the DVDs.

Another thing. I might have to check a third time, but something struck me as kinda strange. When we saw the Turtles without masks, Don and Mike had black eyes, while Raph still had his brown. Can't remember seeing Leo's. Just wondering if my eyes were playing tricks.
Kali is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.