The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2015, 07:38 AM   #601
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_man View Post
I posted the pics a couple days ago. I am sorry if what i typed made a couple of you think they were pictures of the toys. All they were of was a walmart computer screen with descriptions and price points of playmates toy listings no drawings or actual toy pics.

The same type of screen shots used a couple of years ago telling us about rahzar coming out.
Can you list them out?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #602
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I still feel weird calling art by an actual TMNT artist "fanart", even if it was on his own accord and non-commissioned. There's gotta be a better word for it.

Anyway I thought Fugitoid was confirmed though back when the series first started? Did he slip through the cracks like Flaming Carrot, or am I misremembering?
I don't know why I was thinking he was confirmed too. Perhaps it was because of the Triceratons mentioned and I just thought that he had to be included too. Time will tell! Love the TMNT Space stories/episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_man View Post
I posted the pics a couple days ago. I am sorry if what i typed made a couple of you think they were pictures of the toys. All they were of was a walmart computer screen with descriptions and price points of playmates toy listings no drawings or actual toy pics.

The same type of screen shots used a couple of years ago telling us about rahzar coming out.
That's a bummer...I thought they were pics of the figures. Thank you for sharing though, it is still exciting to know that they will be on their way!
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #603
CockroachTerminator
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Union, KY
Posts: 4
Two questions

1) what in the world are you supposed to do with Mystic Donnie's bundle of rope? Seems useless to me.

2) Are there still plans to release the large, hairy blue krang body with the butt guns? I believe it was shown about a year ago at a toy show
CockroachTerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #604
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CockroachTerminator View Post
Two questions

1) what in the world are you supposed to do with Mystic Donnie's bundle of rope? Seems useless to me.

2) Are there still plans to release the large, hairy blue krang body with the butt guns? I believe it was shown about a year ago at a toy show

1. it is useless.

2. Who knows. He hasn't been mentioned since he was revealed. I wouldn't write him off completely though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:11 PM   #605
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
1. it is useless.

2. Who knows. He hasn't been mentioned since he was revealed. I wouldn't write him off completely though.
He's probably coming out this year like Newtralizer who was released a year after the toy fair he was shown.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:36 PM   #606
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Ah, it was that Fugitoid "may" show up "later"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...edy-and-action
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:21 PM   #607
Super Goku
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 445
I bought the Mix N' Match Leonardo action figure, and this turtle is great. He has less articulation, but this allows him to have a slightly better sculpt. I also like the easy to move ball-joints he has in the neck, shoulders, and hips. The head is larger than the battle shell/storage shell turtles. He is my favorite Leonardo based on sculpt, but the battle shell/storage shell Leonardo is my all time favorite Nick series Leonardo based on a combination of sculpt, articulation, and cartoon accuracy. He looks cartoon accurate to me, for the most part.
Super Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:42 AM   #608
Rat_King
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Goku View Post
I bought the Mix N' Match Leonardo action figure, and this turtle is great. He has less articulation, but this allows him to have a slightly better sculpt. I also like the easy to move ball-joints he has in the neck, shoulders, and hips. The head is larger than the battle shell/storage shell turtles. He is my favorite Leonardo based on sculpt, but the battle shell/storage shell Leonardo is my all time favorite Nick series Leonardo based on a combination of sculpt, articulation, and cartoon accuracy. He looks cartoon accurate to me, for the most part.
Same thing with the mix and match Slash. With the new legs this one stands a good inch over the original and puts him in better proportion to the turtles.
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #609
Super Goku
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat_King View Post
Same thing with the mix and match Slash. With the new legs this one stands a good inch over the original and puts him in better proportion to the turtles.
I have read that too. I'm glad he's a cool figure. When I have more money, I plan to buy Slash and some more of the Mix N' Match turtles. I don't plan to mix and match the parts, I just like having new versions or variants of the characters. I hope Playmates Toys will use the Mix N' Match ball-joint neck post as the standard for their upcoming action figures, but I doubt they will do that.

I don't want to create a new topic for this, so I will just ask here, does anyone else have a hard time turning the heads left and right on the Playmates Toys comic book turtles?
Super Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:56 PM   #610
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Some people have asked for front and back shots of the Mystic Turtles.
A small point, but these do have wrist articulation.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...FEB2F328FE.jpg
And the back. I hope this doesn't mean they are running away!!
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...B0401B8DCB.jpg
Can donnie's mask be removed?
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:50 PM   #611
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Is it bad I want a Donnie just to paint him?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:24 PM   #612
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Is it bad I want a Donnie just to paint him?
It is bad, it's bad that playmates produced such a crap figure that people want to buy them to have them painted well. There's nothing wrong with you buying him just to paint him though.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:24 PM   #613
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
The mask is not removable.


The figure is a toy, and quite a nice one.

I should have Stockman Fly painted up tomorrow.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:30 PM   #614
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
The mask is not removable.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...8AD918D8A0.jpg

The figure is a toy, and quite a nice one.

I should have Stockman Fly painted up tomorrow.
Good god that's one ugly figure...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:36 PM   #615
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Good god that's one ugly figure...
It could have been good if playmates cared about there paint jobs. If the minimates had more figures and vehicles I'd collect only them instead .
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:46 PM   #616
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
There looks to be 1 whole paint app.....Donnie's Mask. All the rest is cast in the color plastic.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:53 PM   #617
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
There looks to be 1 whole paint app.....Donnie's Mask. All the rest is cast in the color plastic.
It's sad that this is close to being true.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #618
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
There looks to be 1 whole paint app.....Donnie's Mask. All the rest is cast in the color plastic.

they just didn't care.

it's litterly like they were skipped a station, given the ok with out being inspected by quality control and then shipped out.
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:26 AM   #619
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
I usually try to give Playmates the benefit of the doubt, mainly due to sculpt, playability, cost and variety, even with missing paint apps, but the Mystic Turtles Terry even my patience. That Donnie is terrible. I mean there are no paints at all. I'll probably get Michelangelo, and if it's salvageable, I may get the rest, but I can't even justify the zero paints.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:26 AM   #620
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
There looks to be 1 whole paint app.....Donnie's Mask. All the rest is cast in the color plastic.
I second this, this is Happy Meal toy levels of lazy.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.