The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #641
Shellsweet
Foot Soldier
 
Shellsweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sewers of South Carolina. :P
Posts: 126
LOL, well, I have hardly any complaints, 20 more mintutes longer it would be perfect! and more Donny and Mike >.>

And if you guys really want to read more details into this, get the novel, its a easy read but it shows some parts they should've put on the movie.

I think Max winters and the generals were a good choice, if they would have used shredder again (knowing that Mr.laird didnt want people thinking he was the Dark vader in this and that hes 'the only villain' which is Highly untrue)

especailly reading the tales of the TMNT vol. 2...I think they could beat any other comic with the most villians! XD

I really cant wait to get my hands on the DVD, and watch it till my mind explodes. x3
__________________
Check me out on DeviantART and Tumblr!:
www.shellsweet.deviantart.com/
http://www.shellsweet.tumblr.com/

Ask me about Commissions!
Shellsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #642
mattmanw54301
Foot Soldier
 
mattmanw54301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 182
My only objections were what has already been said here. Not enough run time, not enough Donnie and Mikey. But all in all, it was fantastic IMO. Made me remember how much fun I had going to see TMNT 2: Secret of the Ooze in the theater. I had my Turtle figures with me, and acted out the scenes with them!!!!! Good times.
mattmanw54301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #643
Euan Buchan
Random Punk
 
Euan Buchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edinburgh UK
Posts: 30
I've not seen it yet but when I saw posters on the bus I was excited seeing what it felt like seeing old friends again remebering their names etc. When I looked up the website I noticed it was 3D and thaught it ruined the magic for me it be better if they had the similar puppetters then the other films. but once the DVD is out I'll give it a try.
__________________
Euan Buchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #644
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Umm... Why do you think they would need puppeteers? O_o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #645
mattmanw54301
Foot Soldier
 
mattmanw54301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 182
I think he means if it was live action like the previous ones. Which is one of the main objections I have heard. But I urge everyone to give it a shot. Go in with an open mind!!! U may enjoy it!!!
mattmanw54301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #646
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Honestly though, in terms of the depiction of the turtles, I think the CGI turtles are just so much better than the puppets. The puppets were awesome but limited to an extent. There are facial expressions in this film that couldn't be portrayed in the live action films and the characterisation is all the better for it.

Yeah, I agree: an open mind is what is required.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:28 AM   #647
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
Despite it being another different flowing plot of the turtles. I find it to be a likable as the original trilogy.

Every charater we know has a different look. But same personallity.

i also liked how they got a cast of familar cartoon and video game voice actors like Jim Cummings and Billy West.

As a TMNT I liked every bit of it. Since there's never a dull moment in it.

Only thing it doesn't waist time with background story or flashbacks. Those who aren't a knowledgable with TMNT would be slightly clueless.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #648
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Finally saw the movie

After finally seeing the movie, I had a few questions in terms of comparing the trailer to the actual movie. I'll watch it again tomorrow to be sure.

First, when Mike said the whole 'looked like your mom, dude' his laughing sounded different than on the trailer, and the shot seemed to only show Don, and not Mikey busting up in the background like the trailer did. Was this a fullscreen VS widescreen issue?

I never heard Don say the 'I have a bad feeling...' thing from the trailers.

I don't remember seeing that drawing of the 4 turtles I've being seeing on several people's sigs here. I did see the bad-ass Shredder pic though.

I never saw the part when Karai told Leo 'I know the role you played in the past' unless she blurted it out real fast during their fight, since it was really quick.

So, any help here, guys?
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:24 AM   #649
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
I've noticed a lot of films will include things in the trailer that don't feature in the final film, although these are usually comedies and those bits resurface in deleted scenes on the DVDS. I remember the Monsters Inc trailer had a bit that was never included in the final cut, maybe because it just didn't work and then other times stuff may be altered to make a harder-hitting preview.

It's been a while but I don't remember a lot of those instances either.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #650
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
After finally seeing the movie, I had a few questions in terms of comparing the trailer to the actual movie. I'll watch it again tomorrow to be sure.

First, when Mike said the whole 'looked like your mom, dude' his laughing sounded different than on the trailer, and the shot seemed to only show Don, and not Mikey busting up in the background like the trailer did. Was this a fullscreen VS widescreen issue?

I never heard Don say the 'I have a bad feeling...' thing from the trailers.

I don't remember seeing that drawing of the 4 turtles I've being seeing on several people's sigs here. I did see the bad-ass Shredder pic though.

I never saw the part when Karai told Leo 'I know the role you played in the past' unless she blurted it out real fast during their fight, since it was really quick.

So, any help here, guys?
Its just alternate dialogue kind of like the Mike and Don
"Got any moves left?"
"Just this one, AHHHHH!"
exchange was changed in the film (I actually prefer the above one personally)

The Karai line above I never heard of but its a safe bet that it was exchanged with Karai's "You!" and then her trying to off Leo
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #651
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I'm watching the movie now for like the third time since I got it. The part where the Turtles start to go towards the construction site that has the monste and the Foot, and Raph is climbing the beam, and he says something like it smells like a monkey cage. His voice had a hint of the Rob Paulsen voice from the old toon for a second. ANyone else think that?

Last edited by Warhorse; 08-11-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #652
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Yeah, I noticed that too. It sounded great.

I love his voice in that movie because it wasn't too deep like John Campbell's or too high like Rob Paulsen's.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #653
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
One question that's been nagging me: where is Rooish's sig picture from? Was that in the trailer? Or perhaps a shot from an extended beginning scene?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #654
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I know, Rooish has a neat pic. I hate saying it, but Mikey looks kind of stoned, but in a funny sort of way!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #655
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I know, Rooish has a neat pic. I hate saying it, but Mikey looks kind of stoned, but in a funny sort of way!
Sig, not avatar. But yeah, that's a funny Mikey pic. What's he been smoking?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #656
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Heh, wow, thanks guys! It's from the International Featurette that was put out to advertise the movie. Here it is at Apple Trailers.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:18 AM   #657
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightwatchersOnlygirl View Post
The movie was good,

1. The Nightwatcher/Raphael
2.Mikey's burp
3, Raphael eating breakfast


Best of all was

The Nightwatcher

*Oh Baby*

*Passes Out*

Yeah..........



Um keeping with the subject after watching the DVD I have to say I still had the same feeling as watching it in theaters. I love the whole trying to keep a family thats falling apart together. Its a common theme in most such as X-Men but I really like how this was, I see more why mikey and don scenes were cut but it still would have been really neet to have those in there.

Mako is still the best Splinters hands down, damn he did a fantastic job.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #658
Serp
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 362
Talking

Saw it last night on the campus.

It was enjoyable at times, but I thought that the film had some major flaws.

I felt a lot needed to be explained, like Karai and the revival of the foot clan, the monsters in the street, and April's new found fighting skill's as well as the elevation of her relationship with Casey.

Mike and Don didn't get enough screen time and developement. I mean we know Mike is a jokester but he can have so much more depth to him. I wish the newer movies and cartoon would go farther in his perona. Why not flesh out Mike's passion for writting, or express the fact that he didn't have to fight, he wouldn't. As with Don, I can't remember him doing anything in this move. I think of this movie, than I think of Donatello and I see blank. Maybe I just have a terrible memory, but I can't even recall how Donatello's voice even sounds.

While I enjoyed seeing the Foot. I wish they could have had a slightly bigger role. They were the Pawns of Max, but they seemed so useless. Maybe they really didn't need a major role, but could have came to scene to get revenge on the Turtles for causeing their down fall. Karai could have introduced herself as the new leader of the Foot Clan and how she was out to avenge Shredder or something and the Foot clan could be a road block for the turtles furthur complicating their problems. I also think the other Stone warrior characters could have had a bit more developement as well.

While the fights were good, I felt that they were too short. They seemed to be leading up into something great but never quite reached it. When it showed the Turtles Splinter, April and Casey fighting the hord of Foot Soldiers. I was getting so stoked. the the fight was just done and they left and my excitement was left in the cold.

There were things that I like about this movie though. The whole mood worked so well, I felt that this movie was light hearted enough dark hearted enough. I like Max's whole back story. And I love the message that makes brought about "Immortality is a curse". I like the character designs. When I first saw the designs of the turtles, I was filled with distaste. I thought that they looked so childish, but when I saw this movie, I realized that they looked fine. I like the human designs as well. I like the voice acting and the fight scenes.

Overall I would grade this Movie as a C.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #659
Magdolin
Professional Dork
 
Magdolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Society of Midnight Ninjas.
Posts: 1,970
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEED IT! That is all.
__________________

"When life gives you lemons, make yourself some pie. Or squeeze 'em in people's eyes and run away, whatever floats your boat."
Magdolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #660
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Dragon Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Standing behind you.
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serp View Post

I felt a lot needed to be explained, like Karai and the revival of the foot clan, the monsters in the street, and April's new found fighting skill's as well as the elevation of her relationship with Casey.

A lot of Casey and April's relationship was cut from the final movie and there was a bit about April talking about training under Splinter from the novel, which might have made it into the deleted scene section, but I couldn't tell given Monroe's commentary over the scene.


Quote:
Mike and Don didn't get enough screen time and developement. I mean we know Mike is a jokester but he can have so much more depth to him. I wish the newer movies and cartoon would go farther in his perona. Why not flesh out Mike's passion for writting, or express the fact that he didn't have to fight, he wouldn't. As with Don, I can't remember him doing anything in this move. I think of this movie, than I think of Donatello and I see blank. Maybe I just have a terrible memory, but I can't even recall how Donatello's voice even sounds.


Mike and Don were both victims of editing, even the few deleted scenes with them would have been much appreciated.


Quote:
While I enjoyed seeing the Foot. I wish they could have had a slightly bigger role. They were the Pawns of Max, but they seemed so useless. Maybe they really didn't need a major role, but could have came to scene to get revenge on the Turtles for causeing their down fall. Karai could have introduced herself as the new leader of the Foot Clan and how she was out to avenge Shredder or something and the Foot clan could be a road block for the turtles furthur complicating their problems. I also think the other Stone warrior characters could have had a bit more developement as well.



I thought the movie would have been a great way to develop Karai(especially with the Shredder out of the picture), the Foot's background may or may not have been lost with the big TMNT/Foot fight that was cut.

Quote:
While the fights were good, I felt that they were too short. They seemed to be leading up into something great but never quite reached it. When it showed the Turtles Splinter, April and Casey fighting the hord of Foot Soldiers. I was getting so stoked. the the fight was just done and they left and my excitement was left in the cold.
I had always assumed the courtyard battle was the big action setpiece of the movie and was dissappointed, but after finding out about the previous
scraped big fight scene, the way the courtyard battle plays out makes sense, given that saving Leo and stopping Winters was a bigger priority. I do wish
the fight with the stone generals were longer and even the Leo/Raph fight could have used a few extra minutes.

Nice review.
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.