The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #61
mignignack
Mouser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13
I don't know if you guys ever plan on doing a live action movie again but if you do you should hire these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtdYsd_QRmc
mignignack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #62
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
I don't know if you guys ever plan on doing a live action movie again but if you do you should hire these guys
That's cool but you have to realise how limited they'd be in the costumes. It's like haveing a second skin not to mention that the visibility for the actor would be limited as well. But yes, this guy or someone like him would make an awesome ninja turtle.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #63
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
*kisses Kevin*
You're a blessed man, Mr. Munroe. If only you knew...


Since I'm not here to ask questions, I guess talking up friends is as good a purpose as any. So, take a look at my buddy, Jester. His Shredder auditions (parts 1, 2 & 3) were off da chizzain! If you agree, maybe you could pass the word on to someone whose does work in that department. ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #64
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I was wondering if you could aswer this Kevin...

Should this movie warrant sequels, do you think there would possibly be appearences by other TMNT comic characters like Leatherhead, Nobody, Savanti Romero, or the Triceratons? Or 2K3 TMNT characters like Agent Bishop or Traximus?
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #65
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
Hello Kevin Munroe


I'm sure you can tell us turtle fans are excited with the new movie to come out, of course I have many questions but I will only ask two

The first one deals with sequels, if/when we do(i have faith in what you guys are doing that we will) could it be highly possible that we get the City At War story arc or something as similiar?


Secondly the soundtrack, please tell me we wont get another Ninja Rap or any other kiddy like song on this sountrack... theres only so many jokes I can take about TMNT with Vanilla Ice being associated LOL!


And just a little praise for your work, you guys have done a fantastoc job with animation, lighting, etc etc. I have alot of faith that this movie with capture me just llike the original has.
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #66
Zelda
Hench Mutant
 
Zelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 364
"TMTWBR - The Turtles' voices initially were recorded all in the same room. It really led to an air of authenticity for the whole thing. There is a great scene where Leo and Raph just let each other have it and are screaming at one another. You just can't get the same intensity when the guys aren't in the same room, I feel." <--- Having done theatre (and would kill to do it for a living), I have SO MUCH RESPECT FOR THIS!

" I think we hit a good classic mix of turtles' character-based comedy." ...so much love for this (: that is the heart of the turtles to me, the dynamic between them.

All complaints/wishes I make in threads around here are academic.... I have no doubt that I will adore this movie (:

Vegita-san: "Speaking of cute talking animals in CG, when will this trend break? I've lost almost all interest in 3D movies because of this trend" <- YES. So sick of that. Especially since most of the time it just seems like a vehicle for super famous actors.. 'oh look, matt damon is a dog, oh isn't that funny! oh, will smith is a fish..'..it's funny like..once

Sad to hear that Karai's part will be mostly an introduction...although that sure will keep me clamouring for sequals! I LOVE the 2k3 series Karai.

Questions:

What's been the most fun?

Favorite part of the movie, or favorite part that's not still secret? ;p

Can we get a hint at one of these nods to the previous turtles universes?

Anything you wish you'd done differently?

Any potential for special features on the DVD? Especially behind the scenes/making of stuff?

Do we have all the trailers we're going to get or will there be more?

Is the lair designed off of any of the previous lair designs or is it entirely new? We've been trying to figure it out from the trailer, a couple people have said it looked like the other series lair and one person said it looked like the lair from the first movie...
__________________
~Zelda~

Author of Judgment: Volume I
http://www.myspace.com/zellieberraine
Inspired by what I love best about TMNT: character dynamics, superheroes that aren't of the Superman variety, genetics, etc
Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #67
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Hehe, gobo!! *playfully swats at him* That red one is kinda awful, heh...


But, for my observation... Um... Is that Matthew Broderick as Don? It kinda... sounds like him.


...I dunno what to think of that. Kinda disappointed, but ONLY because I don't equate TMNT with Movie Stars, ya know? (Once bitten, twice shy, I suppose.) I still LOVE the voice, though! If it his him, I approve heartily.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:25 AM   #68
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStyles View Post
Hello Kevin Munroe


Secondly the soundtrack, please tell me we wont get another Ninja Rap or any other kiddy like song on this sountrack... theres only so many jokes I can take about TMNT with Vanilla Ice being associated LOL!

have you not heard? Eminem's doing a cover of the Ninja Rap just for this movie!!!


Quote:
But, for my observation... Um... Is that Matthew Broderick as Don? It kinda... sounds like him.
Don't be silly! its obviously Cory Feldman!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:42 AM   #69
Shreddar90
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 24
Hi Kevin Munroe. This is really cool of you to be here talking to people. SO how much is this movie going to have to do with the other movies. They are my favorite movies of all time and i just wish this was a direct sequel. What kind of relation does it have with the old movies? Also are any of the same actors from the old movies in this one? Come on we need Elias Koteas!
Shreddar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:45 AM   #70
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
have you not heard? Eminem's doing a cover of the Ninja Rap just for this movie!!!

Don't be silly! its obviously Cory Feldman!
I dunno... Kevin said there'd be some celeb cameos....but I don't think they got knowns to voice the guys.... unless they did manage to get Corey Feldman, Michelan Sisti, and Tim Keleher....cuz Raph kinda sounded like Tim Keleher (movie 3 Raph)....

As for Eminem...On the one hand that would totally rock but on the other hand Eminem is retired.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #71
TMNT
Foot Soldier
 
TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 227
None of the voices standed out more than Leo's. I'm sure that it's Ferris Bueller himself. I can't figure out the other voices. Hopefully VA's will be announced shortly.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away into the night." --Vol. 1, Issue 1
TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:16 AM   #72
Duncan
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
Hi Kevin, first of all I want to say that I'm not really a Turtles guy. I saw the show in the 80's, and I've even exchanged words with Cam Clarke a couple of times, even gave Rob Paulsen's son some advice, but outside of that I don't really have much interest.

I'm a voice actor, and I'm a picky one. The casting in CGI movies always bugs me. 25 million bucks for Cameron Diaz? Give me a break, you could get Billy West 25 times over for that, and he'd probably be a more convincing woman. One in a hundred of these people actually have any idea what they're doing in front of a microphone, but to be honest, none of them deserve the kind of money they're getting.

You got the casting right. I have never said this about any general release CGI movie EVER. Of course it's inevitable there's going to be some "names", but if there's any big stars in the trailer, your casting director and your director have done a great job, because I couldn't pick any bad performances out. And I love to do that. It sounds great.

Thanks for using the L.A talent pool, it's very refreshing not to be picking out the big screen hotshots the second a character opens their mouth. I'm probably not going to go see it, but I'm definitely going to buy the DVD, even if it's just out of principle.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #73
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Hey! What a shock!

Hi Kevin, this is really awsome that you connect with fans like this. I'm pretty sure that everybody here really appreciate it. Thank You.

I'm not a big fan of mangoes ( I must be the only one ), so let me welcome you my way. Here, please receive this katana.



Its the katana of friendship. You now have a permanent bond with the Technodrome.

Since I'm a bit late on this, all of my questions were already asked and answered. But I shall return for the interrogation session later on

For now, I'll only say that I wish you good luck for this project, and a big thank you again for this gift given to us. I really hope that this is the start of an epic green adventure.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #74
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Wink

Hehe I got another question...

This one is something I've been thinking since I saw the trailer. In the 4Kids TMNT series, of course Mikey is a burper and has let out some big burps. Though while the character lets them fly, it's really someone other than the normal VA who is doing the burp. (The VA for Leonardo is Michelangelo's stunt burper).

So my question, does the VA for Michelangelo in the new movie do his own burps or does he have a stunt burper too?
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #75
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Hehe I got another question...

This one is something I've been thinking since I saw the trailer. In the 4Kids TMNT series, of course Mikey is a burper and has let out some big burps. Though while the character lets them fly, it's really someone other than the normal VA who is doing the burp. (The VA for Leonardo is Michelangelo's stunt burper).

So my question, does the VA for Michelangelo in the new movie do his own burps or does he have a stunt burper too?
Now that is a great question!
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #76
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
I'm assuming it's just a sound file they have
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #77
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
somethign else I was wondering:will we see Splinter letting loose on some bad guys? I always wanted to see live action Splinter fight because as a kid I always thought--man he taught the turtles how to do all those tricks I wonder if he still has the moves. Ofcourse I know with the limitations in technology the turtles alone were extra hard to do back then, let alone trying to make it work for Splinter and that's why I like it and appreciate it whenever Splinter gets in on the action in the cartoons.
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #78
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
I'm a voice actor, and I'm a picky one. The casting in CGI movies always bugs me. 25 million bucks for Cameron Diaz? Give me a break, you could get Billy West 25 times over for that, and he'd probably be a more convincing woman. One in a hundred of these people actually have any idea what they're doing in front of a microphone, but to be honest, none of them deserve the kind of money they're getting.

Heya, work on anything we might recognize?

Another thing that g ets me about stunt casting. All these 'celebrities' (And it's getting to be a looser and looser term now adays with idiots like Kevin Federline being called one now) where unknowns at one point. How are they ever going to discover the next Jack Nicholson if they only keep on hiring Jack himself, know what I mean?

They could also keep the cost of these movies down oh so much more if they just got a really talented voice actor, who by the way deserve so much more than what they probably get now...

I was recenetly at a convention where one of the older Star Trek extras described the casting policy in Hollywood these days, with all of these high tech young directors and agents who don't really have a clue on what they are doing or how to discover/nuture talent. If that keeps up, Hollywood will implode on itself sooner or later
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #79
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
Don't be silly! its obviously Cory Feldman!
Don't even joke like that.


Quote:
I dunno... Kevin said there'd be some celeb cameos....but I don't think they got knowns to voice the guys.... unless they did manage to get Corey Feldman, Michelan Sisti, and Tim Keleher....cuz Raph kinda sounded like Tim Keleher (movie 3 Raph)....
I didn't think they'd get 'known' actors to do the guys, either... but whomever they got, they're good. Er, and I liked the Movie voices (except Feldman. They only got him for the 'star' name. I'm glad in this movie, 'star' names are being used the right way: with discretion and the right use)... but I'm rather happy with the ones they have. I'm not so sure that they'd fit.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #80
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
Hi Kevin, first of all I want to say that I'm not really a Turtles guy. I saw the show in the 80's, and I've even exchanged words with Cam Clarke a couple of times, even gave Rob Paulsen's son some advice, but outside of that I don't really have much interest.

I'm a voice actor, and I'm a picky one. The casting in CGI movies always bugs me. 25 million bucks for Cameron Diaz? Give me a break, you could get Billy West 25 times over for that, and he'd probably be a more convincing woman. One in a hundred of these people actually have any idea what they're doing in front of a microphone, but to be honest, none of them deserve the kind of money they're getting.

You got the casting right. I have never said this about any general release CGI movie EVER. Of course it's inevitable there's going to be some "names", but if there's any big stars in the trailer, your casting director and your director have done a great job, because I couldn't pick any bad performances out. And I love to do that. It sounds great.

Thanks for using the L.A talent pool, it's very refreshing not to be picking out the big screen hotshots the second a character opens their mouth. I'm probably not going to go see it, but I'm definitely going to buy the DVD, even if it's just out of principle.
Your a vocie actor, sweet. Would I recognize any of your work(I'm kind of a VA buff).

Also, I totally agree with you. These studios need to stop giving these hack celebrities all the roles in animated movies. Phil LaMarr would have been a 10x better Donkey in Shrek than Eddie Murphy.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.