The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #61
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
I actually got to meet Quintin Flynn sometime late last year. I mostly recognize him as the voice of Johnny Quest (Real Adventures) for the second season. Can't wait to hear what he does with Don in the new movie.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:59 PM   #62
Shark
Stone Warrior
 
Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Posts: 653
Yeah, I think Tidus/Rachet has the perfect voice for Leonardo. Have no clue who Mikey's voice actor is. Never heard of him.

Quinten Flynn(sp?) would also be perfect for Donny. I can imagine Steven Jay Blumm for Raph, but the guy sounds too old for a 16 year old mutant turtle.
__________________
The Forum's Un-Official Karai Obsessor!!!

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:01 AM   #63
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Flynn isn't Don.

ninjaturtles.com has the cast list - It's not an actual confirmed list, but Kevin Munroe gave it the non-confirmation confirmation in his latest posting.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #64
Shark
Stone Warrior
 
Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
According to Dan Berger people are now saying that Raph and Don have well different voices than previously thought.

Raph is now voiced by Nolan North (Dr. Ramsey on Port Charles and General Hospital). Ok.. now being a major General Hospital fan....yea...Raph does sound a bit like Nolan.

Donatello is now voiced by Mitchell Whitfield (Barry Farber on "Friends")
Okay, I'm a male, and yes I watch General Hospital (at first because I wanted to figure out who the hell Cloud's voice actor was, but then I saw Clouds voice actor through a guy (Manny) off the top of a Hospital, and I was like,"This isn't just about corny love, but heroes and villians too? I'm hooked! o.o" But Yeah, there's my excuse. Now for the reason of my excuse.

Who the hell is Dr. Ramsey? I been watching it since last April, and I don't remember that guy. The picture wasn't familiar either. Makes it hard for me to place Raph's voice actor >.<

And...whose Barry Farber on Friends? I don't remember that character either.
__________________
The Forum's Un-Official Karai Obsessor!!!

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #65
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Who the hell is Dr. Ramsey? I been watching it since last April, and I don't remember that guy. The picture wasn't familiar either. Makes it hard for me to place Raph's voice actor
Ramsey was a doctor on General Hospital and it's spin-off Port Charles till Port Charles was cancelled in 2002. U would have liked Port Charles...particularly the whole vampire storyline and the aliens too. *L*

But if it's indeed true that Nolan North is voicing Raph then he'd be the 2nd person from TMNT to be on General Hospital as the original series voice of Splinter, Pete Renaday, was a series regular till he was sadly killed off. To this day I consider Jasper Jax the long lost hunky brother of the TMNT.

Ironically Pete Renaday was in an ep of Samurai Jack, which of course starred the late Mako (new movie Splinter).
__________________

Last edited by Raph's Girl; 01-23-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #66
Shark
Stone Warrior
 
Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Ramsey was a doctor on General Hospital and it's spin-off Port Charles till Port Charles was cancelled in 2002. U would have liked Port Charles...particularly the whole vampire storyline and the aliens too. *L*
Is Ramsey even still on GH? Might explain why I havn't seen him.

EDIT: Either I didn't see the rest of your post, or you edited it, either way, sorry ^^;;

EDIT 2: Wait, I'm confused, was Ramsey killed off, or the other guy you just mentioned? >.<
__________________
The Forum's Un-Official Karai Obsessor!!!

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o

Last edited by Shark; 01-23-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #67
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Is Ramsey even still on GH? Might explain why I havn't seen him.

EDIT: Either I didn't see the rest of your post, or you edited it, either way, sorry ^^;;

EDIT 2: Wait, I'm confused, was Ramsey killed off, or the other guy you just mentioned? >.<
Yea sorry.. I was editing the post. Ramsey is no longer in General Hospital. His run ended when Port Charles was cancelled.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:45 AM   #68
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Yeah, I think Tidus/Rachet has the perfect voice for Leonardo. Have no clue who Mikey's voice actor is. Never heard of him.

Quinten Flynn(sp?) would also be perfect for Donny. I can imagine Steven Jay Blumm for Raph, but the guy sounds too old for a 16 year old mutant turtle.
Yeah he does. But if they did a movie were the turtles are 18, then I could see Steve Blum.

But in Blum's defense, the guy is an amazing talent. I was convinced he only had one voice(based on Spike, Kazuma, Mugen, Zabuza, TOM), but all that changed when I heard him as Guilmon.

Now that I think about it, Johnny Young Bosch(Ichigo on Bleach, and Adma the second Black Ranger), would make a fantastic 16 year old Raphael.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:17 AM   #69
Shark
Stone Warrior
 
Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Yeah he does. But if they did a movie were the turtles are 18, then I could see Steve Blum.

But in Blum's defense, the guy is an amazing talent. I was convinced he only had one voice(based on Spike, Kazuma, Mugen, Zabuza, TOM), but all that changed when I heard him as Guilmon.

Now that I think about it, Johnny Young Bosch(Ichigo on Bleach, and Adma the second Black Ranger), would make a fantastic 16 year old Raphael.
Steven Blum, according to tv.com and Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2, also does Orochimaru (or however his damn name is spelled or pronounced), though in the few episodes I've seen (can't stand Naruto's voice, or his damn constant 'BELIEVE IT!!!1!!1!!1!!1one!!11!11!eleven!11!11!11!1111!!on e!!!11!! line enough to continue watching the show), and the Clash of Ninja 2 game, it doesn't sound like him at all.

And your right, he'd make a perfect Raph, more so than the other 3 movies, or the current cartoon.
__________________
The Forum's Un-Official Karai Obsessor!!!

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #70
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Steven Blum, according to tv.com and Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2, also does Orochimaru (or however his damn name is spelled or pronounced), though in the few episodes I've seen (can't stand Naruto's voice, or his damn constant 'BELIEVE IT!!!1!!1!!1!!1one!!11!11!eleven!11!11!11!1111!!on e!!!11!! line enough to continue watching the show), and the Clash of Ninja 2 game, it doesn't sound like him at all.

And your right, he'd make a perfect Raph, more so than the other 3 movies, or the current cartoon.
Thats how good he is.
(and yes, Believe It annoys me to. I prefer the Japanese dattebayo. It's sounds less annoying.)
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #71
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
And...whose Barry Farber on Friends? I don't remember that character either.
Barry was the dentist that Rachel was set to marry before she left him at the altar. He was in the show a few times, if my memory serves me.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #72
SLASH!!!
Foot Soldier
 
SLASH!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lurking in the Shadows
Posts: 125
I just got this off of Mirages site.

Tom Gray's office has confirmed that the voice cast for the Imagi TMNT film will be:

Master Splinter - Mako
April O'Neil - Sarah Michelle Gellar
Casey Jones - Chris Evans
Karai - Ziyi Zhang
Max Winters - Patrick Stewart
Greasy Diner Chef - Kevin Smith
General Aguila - Kevin Michael Richardson
Leonardo: James Arnold Taylor
Raphael: Nolan North
Donatello: Mitchell Whitfield
Michelangelo: Mikey Kelly

Thanks Tom and Howard!
SLASH!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #73
TMNT
Foot Soldier
 
TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 227
Now whenever I see Barry on 'Friends', I'll be tempted to yell, "Hey Donny!" It's good that they officially announced the voice cast. Now maybe a proper site and promotion can begin. Two months and counting, it's the year of the turtle!
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away into the night." --Vol. 1, Issue 1
TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #74
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLASH!!! View Post
I just got this off of Mirages site.

Tom Gray's office has confirmed that the voice cast for the Imagi TMNT film will be:

Master Splinter - Mako
April O'Neil - Sarah Michelle Gellar
Casey Jones - Chris Evans
Karai - Ziyi Zhang
Max Winters - Patrick Stewart
Greasy Diner Chef - Kevin Smith
General Aguila - Kevin Michael Richardson
Leonardo: James Arnold Taylor
Raphael: Nolan North
Donatello: Mitchell Whitfield
Michelangelo: Mikey Kelly

Thanks Tom and Howard!
WE HAVE A VOICE CAST THANK ALLAH!!!!
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #75
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
yeah 'Barry'(Mitchell Whitfield) was in 6 episodes of 'Friends'.

Anyway, i just thought of something reguarding the voice cast...Anyone else notice that 2 of the biggest 80's properties(TMNT and Transformers) both have a voice over from a famous actor/VA that died before the movie was released and?

Just a slightly weird piece of trivia i thought about.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #76
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
we can actually add Lawrence Fishburn apparently

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...1736&Itemid=99

Quote:
TG: Sarah Michelle Geller plays April, Chris Evans plays Casey Jones, Max Winters is Patrick Stewart, Ziyi Zhang is Karai, who's a new character from the film, we have a cameo from Kevin Smith who, just, really wanted to get into it. He came one day and stayed the whole day and laid there on the floor and said, "I want to do this!" Larry Fishburne, Lawrence Fishburne, as well. It's not a huge cast but it is a good cast and it seems to work for this film.
**beware of spoilers if you click on the link
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #77
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
i Like the pic for Donny, when i heard who it was i popped in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm that he was in, just to check out his voice. He's got a good voice for it.

Not quite Corey Feldman, but pretty good casting nonetheless
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #78
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
I'm a little concerned about Mike though. I hope all those surfer dude sounding lines are delivered jokingly and not how his voice will sound for the whole movie. He sounded good in the first trailer.
That is what I am wondering. Why are they making Michaelangelo talk like a suffer dude? This isn't the lete 80's or early 90's any more people so what gives! Can Michaelangelo's character please step away from the suffer persona. Half the reason I appriciateNew Toon Mikey so much is because it is the first incarnation of him that isn't a suffer dude. I hope CGI Mikey is just busting on the past because making speak like a suffer is gonna make him sound dated.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #79
TMNT
Foot Soldier
 
TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 227
Of what I've read in the novelization, Mikey doesn't have any surfer dialouge. Yes, he says 'dude' but as Kevin stated, the word 'dude' has come a long way since its surfer days. Sure, Mikey has his moments of silliness but he's always been the one to do that kind of thing. If you remember the moment in the first film, where Don asks him, "You think about what Splinter said...you know, about not having him?" and Mikey just kind of ignores him and focuses on the pizza guy; Well, in the novelization...

Spoiler:
Mikey has his moment when he says, "Don, you ever feel like you were meant for more. I mean, sometimes I feel like we never even left that glass turtle bowl when we were little dudes. I mean, every day it's the same thing." Splinter and Mikey have a moment something like the scene involving Raph and Splinter in the first movie.


It's not really a spoiler but a line of dialouge. I just assumed, as of now, anything related to this novelization is a spoiler so I might as well place tags around it. I really like Splinter's response.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away into the night." --Vol. 1, Issue 1
TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:28 PM   #80
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Spoiler:
Mikey has his moment when he says, "Don, you ever feel like you were meant for more. I mean, sometimes I feel like we never even left that glass turtle bowl when we were little dudes. I mean, every day it's the same thing." Splinter and Mikey have a moment something like the scene involving Raph and Splinter in the first movie.
Yea... I loved that part... I also like Raph's quote about family (it's at the end of the book)

Spoiler:
"So what makes a family? Personally, it's more than sharing a roof or a bathroom. It's sharing life. LIFE. My father taught me that, and I think it's pretty much true. Pretty much, providing you don't kill each other in the process. Hey, nobody said it was easy, right?"
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.