The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #61
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
I don't know if this would be considered illegal or not, but I noticed on yuorube there are a couple of videos of the full Leo/Raph fight.

I know it's just one clip, but should this be reported?
No, don't report that one. I find it to be a guilty pleasure for me in between showings!

Personally, I think if WB showed this particular clip on tv, it might entise people to go check it out on the big screen. I know Star Wars did this with all the prequels.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #62
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
So now some piracy is okay when it's eyecandy... that's about as unhypocritical as it gets.

Peachy.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #63
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
So now some piracy is okay when it's eyecandy... that's about as unhypocritical as it gets.

Peachy.
When it's a clip, it's no different than watching a commercial.

If it was the whole movie, then yes, it's piracy.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #64
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
:looks at her pitchfork gathering dust in the corner:

Aww man, I dunno...

Argh. It's not the whole movie....

But it is the best part of the movie, which may be even worse...

Oh what to do, what to do... *paces back & forth*
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #65
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
No, don't report that one. I find it to be a guilty pleasure for me in between showings!

Personally, I think if WB showed this particular clip on tv, it might entise people to go check it out on the big screen. I know Star Wars did this with all the prequels.
So it's all good them? Good, I actually watched the video before I told you about it. I couldn't resist.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #66
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
So it's all good them? Good, I actually watched the video before I told you about it. I couldn't resist.
*gasp* Scandalous!



Just kidding; I, uh, watched it, too...
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #67
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
I don't know if this would be considered illegal or not, but I noticed on yuorube there are a couple of videos of the full Leo/Raph fight.

I know it's just one clip, but should this be reported?
This isn't as clear-cut as someone uploading an entire movie that is HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT FOR A WEEK in theaters.

On the one hand, yeah, the clip could spoil the surprise. On the other hand... it might make people who see it think, "WOW is the rest of the movie going to be like this???" Then they'll either download a bootleg of TMNT or they may actually go to the theaters.

But then again, that scene was pretty much the highlight of the movie.

It's tough. I'd almost leave it, because some of us who have seen the movie may want to see that scene again... and again... and again. But then... some people may ONLY be interested in seeing the fight and nothing else. Just do what you think is right.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:28 AM   #68
Willis
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
No, don't report that one. I find it to be a guilty pleasure for me in between showings!

Personally, I think if WB showed this particular clip on tv, it might entise people to go check it out on the big screen. I know Star Wars did this with all the prequels.
Agreed. A commercial highlighting the buildup for that fight would have been great.

Yes maybe it's a little hypocritical to permit this clip. Considering it was not in a commercial or trailer, and only could come from a rip of the movie. But this is but 1 scene in the movie and it's a guilty pleasure.

I wouldn't care if it was removed, but I also don't mind that it exists.
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:21 AM   #69
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
That is not just a little hypocritical, that is just downright ridiculous. Now, where's this task force with all the adamant "No piracy!"-people?
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:17 AM   #70
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
That is not just a little hypocritical, that is just downright ridiculous. Now, where's this task force with all the adamant "No piracy!"-people?
First you complain that we're too loud. Now you complain that we're too quiet. What do you want, my Lord? We're doing our business quietly so that you don't freak out and wet your pants -- which you mock us for doing, speaking of hypocrisy. As of yet, I personally haven't found any more uploads of the whole movie on YouTube -- that's where we're unanimous that some action must be taken.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #71
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
So piracy is okay, while piracy is not okay? Great logic there. And no matter how long a post you can whip up to tell me I'm wrong, it comes down to you having flaws in your own logic.

Anyways, stealth ninja task force against piracy is nice and all, but where can the regular, visible Joe contact you elusive lot? Just incase Joe finds something you might have missed. Make an E-Mail adress or something, write it in a new thread and tadaah, there you go. You know, have a "Contact the stealth ninja piracy task force"-helpdesk, so everyone can help.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #72
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Anarky, would you like a side of context with that rant?

One clip? Whoop-tie doo... Seemed like you could see half the movie from the clips on IGN, anyway.

The whole movie? Well, of course it needs to be removed. We want a sequel and we want it to be good. That means the movie actually has to make money! I just hope that whoever downloads bootlegs has already seen the movie or will go see it.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #73
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
So piracy is okay, while piracy is not okay? Great logic there. And no matter how long a post you can whip up to tell me I'm wrong, it comes down to you having flaws in your own logic.

Anyways, stealth ninja task force against piracy is nice and all, but where can the regular, visible Joe contact you elusive lot? Just incase Joe finds something you might have missed. Make an E-Mail adress or something, write it in a new thread and tadaah, there you go. You know, have a "Contact the stealth ninja piracy task force"-helpdesk, so everyone can help.
I'm not trying to convince YOU Anarky. Hell will freeze over, world hunger and poverty will be conquered, and all wars will end before I convince you of anything -- besides me being wrong and you being the enlightened Buddha on all matters.

As for random Joe finding anything, he could just PM the people who have been making such a ruckus -- we were condemned, so don't be surprised that we're suddenly quieter. Besides, making such a thread providing info will do no good (UNLESS any of you Mods are willing to sticky it -- but somehow I doubt you would).

Several days may pass before someone uploads the entire movie again onto YouTube -- if it ever happens again. By then, the thread with the info will be on the third page of archives along with the first two threads -- out of sight and out of mind.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:34 AM   #74
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
I'm not trying to convince YOU Anarky. Hell will freeze over, world hunger and poverty will be conquered, and all wars will end before I convince you of anything -- besides me being wrong and you being the enlightened Buddha on all matters.
I'm so glad you finally realize that.

Quote:
As for random Joe finding anything, he could just PM the people who have been making such a ruckus -- we were condemned, so don't be surprised that we're suddenly quieter. Besides, making such a thread providing info will do no good (UNLESS any of you Mods are willing to sticky it -- but somehow I doubt you would).
You know, I've been waiting for that thread to sticky it. I thought that it went without saying that once you have your stealth ninja piracy task force (I love that term, sorry) set up, you'll let yourselves be known in one form of another. And since we at the Drome are against piracy as well, are willing to help wherever we can. And stickying a thread is nothing.

So: Stealth Ninja Piracy Task Force, you're on Go! Just don't post links in public places.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #75
Spacefille
Foot Soldier
 
Spacefille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 121
Alright, I dragged (and paid) for my roommate and my boyfriend and a visiting friend to see the movie ($36.00... they loved it so it was worth it) then I went again on Saturday night which was another $8.50 or so.

Around Monday night I missed it already and I can't get back to the theater any time soon and I'm broke now. So I bittorrented that pirated version floating around. Then I burt it to a DVD disc and played it on the TV downstairs. The roommate I took to the movie walks by while I was replying the Raph/Leo battle for about the 10th time and says something to the effect of "Uh, that's interesting..." with a particular look on her face. Then she asked me where I got such a good quality version of it.

That being said the bootleg that is drifting around the internet is actually not very high quality. There is a odd red tinge to it. My roommate and I think it was done as an inside job... as in someone who works at the theater made it. The audio goes out of sync badly in three places, but luckily goes back into sync afterwards.

I don't feel guilty about watching a bootleg version, only because I do plan to buy the DVD when it comes out and I've seen it in theaters twice and took all my friends. But I do think that anyone who only watches it on bootleg is a very VERY sad individual. Do all that you can to go see it in the theater, it is more than worth it. Go by yourself, there is nothing wrong with that. I went to Brokeback Mountain by myself because no one wanted to see it with me. It was no different than having friends by your side because ideally you'll be watching the movie, not talking to them anyway.
Spacefille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #76
SavantiRomero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 277
I don't see why everyone thinks that the Raph/Leo fight scene was the highlight of the movie.... it was way too short. It needed to last another 2 to 5 minutes to be able to earn the right to "best" or "highlight" titles, at least for me. The scene at the end was the real highlight, at least you got 12 minutes of fighting, without going off camera or hiding the hits.

I'm really hoping "WHEN" there is a sequal, they take that to heart and add more/longer/shown fight scenes. The lack of, is my biggest gripe about the whole movie.
SavantiRomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #77
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavantiRomero View Post
I don't see why everyone thinks that the Raph/Leo fight scene was the highlight of the movie.... it was way too short. It needed to last another 2 to 5 minutes to be able to earn the right to "best" or "highlight" titles, at least for me. The scene at the end was the real highlight, at least you got 12 minutes of fighting, without going off camera or hiding the hits.

I'm really hoping "WHEN" there is a sequal, they take that to heart and add more/longer/shown fight scenes. The lack of, is my biggest gripe about the whole movie.
I hate fights that tends to last forever, ''a la star wars''. Its just plain ridiculous.

I never had to fight more than maybe a minute or 2 at max !

A real fight is not lasting too long ya know. As soon as there's a mistake made by one of the 2....

So I'm quite happy of the fight, it was realistic, not as intense as I would liked it to be, but still pretty realistic.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:23 AM   #78
Willis
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
I hate fights that tends to last forever, ''a la star wars''. Its just plain ridiculous.

I never had to fight more than maybe a minute or 2 at max !

A real fight is not lasting too long ya know. As soon as there's a mistake made by one of the 2....

So I'm quite happy of the fight, it was realistic, not as intense as I would liked it to be, but still pretty realistic.
Hmm, I agree yet disagree.

Very true that fights hardly last long. Any decent fight (real or TV/Video-Game) is nothing more then a series of stalemates, wearing each other down... and then a quick and decisive finish.

But I have to disagree, sometimes a longer fight is good. It shows balance and the attempt at different tactics as things fail. That it's not always about that one special attack that makes the opponent look easy.

Each fight, Leo vs Nightwatcher, and Leo vs Raph - only took a minute, 60 seconds.. The nightwatcher fight felt short, and yet somehow the Raph fight felt good.
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #79
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Some of us don't live in America. Some of us don't want to see the movie dubbed to Swedish. Some of us have to dust off and raise the ol' Jolly Roger flag to even see the movie in its original language (and the thought of seeing it in Swedish makes some of us want to throw up).
I would've loved to see the movie in the theatre. I was totally looking forward to it. Had been looking forward to it since long before the movie was even announced. But stupid f**king Weinstein don't know thing one about international distribution, so they put the film in the hands of Nordisk Film, who ofcourse assume that only little kids who can't speak English or even read subtitles will want to see the movie, so they dub it to Swedish and don't even bother showing the original version as an alternative.

I f**king wanted to pay for this movie. I wanted to see it on a big screen. I didn't choose to be born here.

I'm definitely buying the DVD when it comes out, though.
But I don't have a projector, so that's an experience I'll never have. Stupid f**king Weinstein. Stupid f**king Nordisk Film.

Yeah. I'm bitter.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:47 PM   #80
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Some of us don't live in America. Some of us don't want to see the movie dubbed to Swedish. Some of us have to dust off and raise the ol' Jolly Roger flag to even see the movie in its original language (and the thought of seeing it in Swedish makes some of us want to throw up).
"Some of us" could have flown to London with some low-cost carrier to watch the movie on a big screen there... just like some European Dromers already did.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.