![]() |
|
|
#61 |
|
Inactive Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
|
This is true... But what about 2K3?? They didn't get an 'ending' at all. I'd much more prefer we get an ending for a good series like 2K3 before any more FF. Even if it is an ending.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#62 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
|
The 2k3 series did have the Lost Season though, even if that didn't wrap up everything.
Fast Forward only has 6 episodes left and I really wonder what will happen in the last episode. If the Turtles don't return to the past in the final ep, how will that explain the following season? Unless of course the first ep of the next season shows the Turtles go back at the very beginning or something. Not to mention if the show is redeveloped to look like the movie, I assume it will be a continuation of the 2k3 series anyway, well, hopefully. |
|
|
|
|
|
#63 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
|
2K3 did get an ending... they just didn't air it.
Since there's still one extra episode following "Day of Awakening" (according to all lists that is 142 out of 143) I'm guessing the next episode will either have a cliff hanger leading into more FF or be a finale and return them home. I can't understand why 4Kids would save 6 episodes for next season. At least it does allow time after the June (when the fate of the show will be decided) for the FF finale to be reworked if needed to fit whatever decision is made. Thanks for the updates Murphy, can't wait until we hear the outcome in June. I'm really hoping that the TMNT get another movie and that the series continues (back to 2K3, more FF or new direction as long as the basic continuity is maintained). Guess the movie is also to thank (in part) for the FF toys not selling well as they'd be fighting for shelf space and more stores would go for the movie versions. |
|
|
|
|
|
#64 | |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#65 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Brain-storming
The new show should be:
Drumroll, please. "TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: A DIME A DOZEN" <== very tentative working title The concept: Each week, the Turtles are put in a new situation with a new direction, new characters, new art-style, etc. To tie it together into a continuous story, it can be decided that something goes awry on the trip home that causes them to take a ride through time and space, living through different interpretations of themselves (someone, call Michael Zulli!), and trying to remember who they are and why everything seems so wrong to them. This will serve to give samples of several different directions to explore while also giving 4Kids their preferred option of an episodic series. I would expose my further developments and ideas for the show, but... Put me on the payroll, and we'll talk. ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#66 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
TLS takes place before FF*As I'm sure you know*, very clear if you watch TLS it actually makes some FF episodes make more sense. And TLS's could have been the end of the series easily with how it wraps stuff up.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#67 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Actually, rewatching the beginning of "Future Shellshock" the other day, I have to wonder if it's actually supposed to take place before Karai destroys the lair. I didn't see the signature sliding door entrance to the lair, but there isn't a little stream in the middle of the new lair AFAIK. But, why else would the lair be totalled/"trashed" after their 99-year time-jump? I could just be imagining things, but 'what if'?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#68 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
|
These are the things I hope for honestly.
1. The show DOES continue. Animation goes back to the 2k3 style. 2. If the show MUST end, at least have a fitting ending. However I hope to god this number isn't solidified in any form. That being said, Warner would be freakin retarded, seeing as how interviews stated that WB didn't even have to front that much money, like they normally would on a film (i.e. marketing, production cost, etc...) I hear everything was halved, and that is how the movie was making a profit early on. Hell the movie held it's own against 300, Meet the Robinsons, Blades of Glory, and dethroned Shooter a few times, before fading away. If there was any doubt of a sequel, it would be due to the Weinsteins saying so. They put their power into getting a distributor for the film, they sure as hell can do it, should the film need to find another studio to call home. The movie had legs, for as much competition it had to go up against. This one is for Murphy. You'd think if a show is enjoying all time ratings, you would finish out both seasons right away (assuming your statement about the last 6 episodes of the 26 episodes of FF, make up two seasons.) What happened to me duder, was back in the day, when crap like Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm, X-Men, and Megaman started coming on, I totally forgot about the Turtles existance on TV. It's pretty sad when you stop watching at the beginning of season 5, don't even remember the show, then one day in 1996 you turn it on CBS when you wake up to see red sky episodes and say, "what the heck, this show still comes on, how could I have forgotten to watch all these years." I guess I'm saying, people forget. If people keep checking every Saturday to see no new episodes, what's going to get them to think the show is ever going to have new episodes? Most people cannot follow a show or the buzz surrounding it forever, before they give up. Finish it now, get those damn good ratings, so the fandom can have new episodes (assuming that's what it takes coupled with this liscensing show this June.) Look, if Simpsons, or Power Rangers can last as long as it has, I'm sure TMNT can as well in the right hands. Those shows found a pattern, I'm sure TMNT can. If people keep watching a show they swear hasn't been good since season 3 or 4 (Simpsons,) why can't Turtles last? How about Power Rangers? Recycled colors and different helmet or two, but same layouts on EVERY episode, yea, I'm sure TMNT garners more interest then that. Who knows. I hope the movie gets a sequel. HAVE SHREDDER IN IT! People relate to TMNT with the shred man in it. Wonder why TMNT 3 didn't do so well in theatres. I didn't want to see it because I grew up on the old toon, so Shredder was the only villan I cared about. There is, however, no excuse for the movie NOT to get a sequel, when the current film grossed more then the third film, and with heavy competition. 53 mil is pretty impressive, for a film that was halved in the middle on production and marketing costs. EDIT: Did Stan Sakai lie when he said Space Usagi would appear in a future TMNT episode? Seeing as how Murphy is stating that TMNT:FF was 26 episodes long (being two seasons in the process.) Or does Stan know something we don't? Namely more episodes after they get home (please god, don't let know one be stupid enough NOT to make more episodes after they get home.) *WALL OF TEXT GO!* -X-
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza." Last edited by X; 05-11-2007 at 10:24 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#69 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#70 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
|
I hate to say it Murph... but I'm sick and tired of these limbos and sh*t like that. I specifically went out and BOUGHT the FF toys - Just as I did the movie figures. (Gotta buy a new Donny now because the card bent.) I was excited because it was told that the episodes of FF weren't coming on until Fall... then they started up again. I was happy! Continuation is good. You want to say thank the movie because of the show's ratings... why the hell couldn't we have aired TLS? It wouldn't have fared any worse.
As for the movie - There had better be a sequel. I know it's asking a lot, but then again, your meeting won't be taking place until around the time that the DVDs come out. I'm not lying when I say that this movie is going to make BANK on DVD. Those who have little faith obviously haven't seen what it did for Fantastic 4 or Punisher (though Punisher's sequel has yet to start pre-production... it's in development hell right now). Also - and I know you don't have anything to do about it... but seriously... TRY AND GET THE LOST SEASON IN THE STATES FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD! We're sick of waiting and it's become rediculous. This is the reason why fans are being turned off of the show.... We keep getting played around with and it's becoming rediculous. That's my rant for this thread.
__________________
![]() Courtesy of LUCKFF "I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1 |
|
|
|
|
|
#71 | |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#72 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
|
Rumours, speculation.... I don't know what the real situation is, but I can say this:
I know not everyone will agree, but this is my fantasy: The powers that be have realised that FF is lame and unprofitable and that the movie is the way the turtles should be. Hence they create a gritty, 'Mirage' style TV series that I can get excited about on a weekly basis, but CGI with the new movie design and the movie VAs and character interpretations. Whilst I'm wishing for stuff that is unlikely, I also intend to win the lottery this week, and for some amazing new shampoo to be invented that leaves your hair straight and shiny without having to use time-consuming and damaging heat appliances on it - ooh ooh and for chocolate covered hazelnuts... hmmmmmmmmmmmm Anyway, I guess we'll know more in June. Thanks for the info, Murphy. |
|
|
|
|
|
#73 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 167
|
I think people are looking for answers in the wrong places. Tortugapower seems to be the one that's in with 4Kids entertainment, and to me, all these questions and complaints should all be directed towards 4Kids - not Mirage!
Mirage isn't this big corporation everyone seems to assume it is, and while it's probably true that Pete has a vast amount of influence on the TV Shows, that doesn't necessarily mean he or Mirage have any control over how the show gets aired. Look at what happened when they first started screening The new episodes before Fast Forward (or maybe it was fast forward...), Mirage were being told one thing, we were being told another and for kids went and did whatever! Face it, we're a vocal minority here, and even we don't all see eye to eye on the issue. Why not try another medium? Maybe TMNT would be doing better if people stopped seeing it simply as a TV show. It started as a comic book, and if you ask me, the stories coming out of the comics have just about always been better than the ones coming from the TV show (outside of the ones actually based on the comics of course), and from what's being solicited for the next few months, it looks to continue that way. As I understand it, the comic books are produced almost at a loss to Mirage (I could be wrong, but they're certainly not Spiderman comics). If people supported it in more areas we probably wouldn't have this problem. A few adults posting their gripes about a TV show aimed at a demographic way below their own age isn't going to do anything to help the franchise. Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#74 | ||
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#75 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 167
|
Quote:
If everyone is that concerned about the show being changed or whatever, chase up Tortugapower! He seems to be the one in with 4Kids! Or chase up 4Kids instead of acting as though the whole thing falls onto Pete or Mirage's shoulders. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#76 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
|
Quote:
I reckon many people who dislike FF watch it anyway, just because it's TMNT in some shape or form. And there's nothing wrong with that. I keep a half-interested eye on FF although I have missed a lot of it. Anyway, I'll be very interested to see what happens in June, and thereafter. I won't shed tears for FF if it's taken off air, and although I would be disappointed to have no turtles at all, it wouldn't be the end of the world as we survived the years between OT & NT. It would be great for the influence of the new movie to be carried forward, if we don't get a sequel then in a TV series. Anyway, the screen turtles have always been my main source of TMNT as like I said, I can't get hold of any comics. Although, I've recently discovered reading fan fiction which has been a very interesting experience. That could keep me going. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#77 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
|
Quote:
In regards to this, anyone blabbing "inside info" whose name is'nt highlighted in green needs to shut the f*ck up and discuss the show as is stands the way they see it with everyone else, not what people are e-mailing them with. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#78 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
|
Yo Murphy!
Would a smattering of Turtle fans joining outside the liscencing show(assuming it's in a building somewhere and not a skyscraper) showing support for the series help? I'm not really surprised about the toys. Playmates REALLY needs to get their act together and put out some quality stuff. that means NO MORE VARIANTS. Better produced figures. SOMETHING other than what they are currently doing. The few movie toys that I did see really did impress me, however. They seemed much better quality than the current line. Apparently they also have not learned their lesson as the Batman line seems to have fallen drastically with tons of different colored Batman figures on the shelves just sitting there. |
|
|
|
|
|
#79 |
|
Inactive Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
|
Yes, I know all this, heh... I guess I should have worded my statement better. Thanks, though. What I meant was, everyone's all 'OMG FF better have an ending'. And no cares about the actual good show. I'm more concerned about seeing the real show and it's ending.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#80 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
|
Quote:
The lost season has a good ending for that season, although I don't like it as an end to the series. But it doesn't sound like the series on the whole is over, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|