The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #61
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,366
The Tiny Toons parody was pretty weak...mainly because the original series actually IS a funny show and has much better self-deprecating humour. It actually proves the writers didnt watch the show at all.

But The Animaniacs parody of Power Rangers? Oh yeah, they HAD to have watched the series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryona View Post
I never liked any of the TMNT rip-offs. They were all rubbish.
Hardly.


Samurai Pizza Cats
was one of the best anime dubs in history for the sheer fact they actually wrote their own script and ad-libbed without following the story of the Japanese material.

Biker Mice From Mars is probably the closest they got to emulating aspects of TMNT, but otherwise it was still a great show, and the Vinnie/Charlie relationship actually gave that series an advantage over TMNT refusing to dip into that kind of territory

Quote:
The only series I enjoyed that was anything like TMNT was ThunderCats. And it's not a rip-off because ThunderCats first aired on 1985 where as TMNT aired on 1987.
Thundercats had NOTHING in common with TMNT and wasnt like it at all.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #62
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant
 
Daniel Orduna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: torreon coah mexico
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMac44111 View Post
does this count?



ooowww my good jaajaj I remember those''¡¡¡
__________________



float like a butter fly sting like a bee
Daniel Orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #63
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant
 
Daniel Orduna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: torreon coah mexico
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I can't believe you all are forgetting the most important of them all...



(hmm video isn't working, so check out the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Cl7AM9Fdc


jajaja las inmaduras mutante samurai babosas
__________________



float like a butter fly sting like a bee
Daniel Orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 AM   #64
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Biker mice from mars where awesome
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 AM   #65
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
I found an old issue of Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters in the quarter box a couple months ago from 1986..I read it the other day and I have to say the art is just atrocious and the story wasn't much better.

I did see there's a new series out for these guys...the art looks better at least..
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #66
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
[QUOTE=ZariusTwo;647301]The Tiny Toons parody was pretty weak...mainly because the original series actually IS a funny show and has much better self-deprecating humour. It actually proves the writers didnt watch the show at all.

But The Animaniacs parody of Power Rangers? Oh yeah, they HAD to have watched the series...[quote]

Which is a real shame, since given the right material, they could have really slaughtered the show... Seems like the TTA parody was basically a "Gads, this is annoying and we gotta make fun of it somehow" type deal. Of course, I still wish to find the unused Histeria! script "Middle-aged Mutant Renaissance Artists" I once read about... I still wonder if that one was even real to begin with.


Quote:

Samurai Pizza Cats
was one of the best anime dubs in history for the sheer fact they actually wrote their own script and ad-libbed without following the story of the Japanese material.
And unlike shows of the 1960's, it actually improved the show (go to a dollar store and check out a crappy 1 dollar disk called "Tobor the 8th Man"- that dub left me in stitches, but not on purpose). I've seen one in the original Japanese and while it had its moments, it wasn't even the same iota as clever as the dub.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #67
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I found an old issue of Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters in the quarter box a couple months ago from 1986..I read it the other day and I have to say the art is just atrocious and the story wasn't much better.

I did see there's a new series out for these guys...the art looks better at least..
I think I got halfway through the first issue and stopped reading it. It was far dumber and more brain-rotting than the comics it was satirizing.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #68
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
I think I got halfway through the first issue and stopped reading it. It was far dumber and more brain-rotting than the comics it was satirizing.
Ah, the old 1980's "Anyone with a small enough comic business can get published mooching off a popular concept, and pretending it's satire so they they can fool themselves into thinking they're original" trick.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #69
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
Anybody heard of the show, "Walter Melon?" It was a redubbed French cartoon that parodied a lot of pop culture items. Melon and his sidekick would fill in as "temp" heroes for crimefighters who had to miss work for the day. They did a whole episode on the Ninja Turtles, although I never saw that episode in its entirety. I'm guessing it was the episode named "New Age Pizza" in which "the evil schlepper kidnaps two of the tortoises to brainwash them."
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.